Imicus

An archive for fittings that have already been discussed and imported onto the wiki.
Titus Tallang
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Director of Special Projects, Teacher, Puella Magi

Imicus

Post by Titus Tallang »

Current fittings:
Spoiler

Code: Select all

[Imicus, Basic Fleet Scout]
Expanded Probe Launcher I
Prototype Cloaking Device I

1MN Microwarpdrive I

Beta Hull Mod Nanofiber Structure
Damage Control I

Hobgoblin I x4
Hobgoblin I x4

Combat Scanner Probe I x8

[Imicus, Kiting]
75mm Gatling Rail II
Core Probe Launcher I

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Warp Disruptor II
Balmer Series Tracking Disruptor I
Cap Recharger II

Drone Damage Amplifier II

Small Auxiliary Thrusters I
Small Auxiliary Thrusters I
Small Polycarbon Engine Housing I

Hobgoblin II x4
Warrior II x4

Optimal Range Disruption Script x1
Spike S x1
Core Scanner Probe I x1

[Imicus, Gallente Scout]

Eutectic Capacitor Charge Array

Local Hull Conversion Nanofiber Structure I
Local Hull Conversion Nanofiber Structure I
Beta Reactor Control: Capacitor Power Relay I

Small Gravity Capacitor Upgrade I

Hornet EC-300 x5
Hornet EC-300 x3

Core Scanner Probe I x8
*creak*
Dornath Megara

Re: Imicus

Post by Dornath Megara »

I am not sure any of these fits is up to date.

Here's my take:

Gallente Explorer, focusing on scan strength and warp core stabs in case the odd Astero comes to try and ruin your day. ECM drones for additional GTFO powah.
Spoiler
[Imicus, Gallente Explorer]

Warp Core Stabilizer I
Warp Core Stabilizer I
Warp Core Stabilizer I

Data Analyzer I
Relic Analyzer I
Scan Rangefinding Array I

Core Probe Launcher I, Core Scanner Probe I
[Empty High slot]

Small Emission Scope Sharpener I
[Empty Rig slot]

Hornet EC-300 x4

Wormhole Scout, focusing on scan speed and strength, can upgrade some modules to T2
Spoiler
[Imicus, WH Scout]

Co-Processor I
Co-Processor I
Co-Processor I

Scan Pinpointing Array I
Scan Acquisition Array I

[Empty High slot]

[Empty Rig slot]

Hornet EC-300 x4

High Sec Courier: this is a bit of an odd one, plenty of fitting available for mid slots, I've never been sure what to add though, tank seems a bit futile, but it does align in less than 3 seconds so it's only at risk of for instalockers if you fail the MWD/Cloack trick or smartbombers. Need ideas!
Spoiler
[Imicus, Courier]

Expanded Cargohold I
Expanded Cargohold I
Inertial Stabilizers I

[Empty Med slot]
[Empty Med slot]
[Empty Med slot]

Improved Cloaking Device II
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

Small Low Friction Nozzle Joints I
Small Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer I
Small Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer I

Hornet EC-300 x4
Fast Tackle, this is a bit debatable as other ships will do a better job, but with 3km/s and decent hull tank, plus the fact that it's a safe looking ship might catch a few flies.
Spoiler
[Imicus, Fast Tackle]

Damage Control II
Reinforced Bulkheads II
Reinforced Bulkheads II

Warp Disruptor II
Baker Nunn Enduring Tracking Disruptor I, Tracking Speed Disruption Script
Baker Nunn Enduring Tracking Disruptor I, Tracking Speed Disruption Script

[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

Small Transverse Bulkhead I

Hornet EC-300 x4
Paxte Eriker
Title: Sophomore

Post by Paxte Eriker »

My preferred version of a low-skill explorer ship, has an MWD to give you more options for running away and I feel the nano is more beneficial than a 3rd wcs when you have an MWD fitted. Using sisters probes is an option but would double the cost of the fit.
Spoiler
[Imicus, Low-Skill Explorer]

Warp Core Stabilizer I
Warp Core Stabilizer I
Nanofiber Internal Structure I

Data Analyzer I
Relic Analyzer I
5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive

Core Probe Launcher I, Core Scanner Probe I
[Empty High slot]

[Empty Rig slot]

Hornet EC-300 x4
Dornath Megara

Post by Dornath Megara »

The Imicus is a fast aligning ship, my preference goes to the third WCS as it allows to warp out if an astero shows up using a faction scram (been burnt by that before while gas huffing in a venture).

The MWD is nice if you are exploring in very hostile space though, especially when you land at a site with cans 40km away from each other. So might be worth replacing one of the SRA with that or the data module (depending what the explorer is looking for).
tiniest trumphands
Title: Ensign, Sophomore

Post by tiniest trumphands »

Spoiler
[Imicus, Explorer]
[Imicus, *SImicus]
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II
'Stoic' Core Equalizer I

Relic Analyzer I
Data Analyzer I

Core Probe Launcher I

Hornet EC-300 x4
Not wildly different than anyone else's here. The MWD is essential for gate crashing while exploring imo, and the wcs is there for points. If you get scrammed your pretty much dead... no reason to fit 3 stabs when you get blasted off the field before warping anyway.
Paxte Eriker
Title: Sophomore

Post by Paxte Eriker »

I agree about the necessity of an MWD and think that one of the notes to accompany the fit should be the option to replace a mid (probably the sra) with a cargo scanner so you choose to only hack containers that have decently valuable loot in them.
Biwako Acami
Title: Assistant Manager (Fittings), Ensign, Graduate, Management

Post by Biwako Acami »

For a T1 frigate flown by a low-skill player the Scan Rangefinder won't add much strength to the probe in an exploration fit. The cargo scanner is more useful.

As with the other explorers I don't like the idea of WCS on a wiki fit because it makes a new pilot's experience unnecessarily difficult if they copy paste the listed fit and start in highsec. In hostile space, the reduced targeting range puts you close to the can if you want to scan cargo and could make you get in range for a scram from a cloaky hostile pilot. Explorer-Hunting Asteros are fit with dual scram usually so the WCSx2 won't save the Imicus if locked.

Equipment | Tar. Rng | Lock Time
    =================================
    2x WCS    | 13.49 km | 6 sec
    1x WCS    | 21.84 km | 4.8 sec
    0x WCS    | 39.00 km | 2.8 sec
Just a humble scout
Biwako Acami

Post by Biwako Acami »

Looking to close out open discussions. If there's been no response for few months we shouldn't let it hold back updates.

Keeping in line with the results from Magnate discussion I'm going to use tiniest trumphand's suggestion and put the cargo scanner and replace the WCS. These would move to the notes.
  • Explorer Fit

[Imicus, Explorer - Advanced]

Inertial Stabilizers II
    Inertial Stabilizers II
    Nanofiber Internal Structure II

Relic Analyzer I
    Data Analyzer I
    Cargo Scanner II

Core Probe Launcher I
    [Empty High slot]

[Empty Rig slot]

Hornet EC-300 x4
    Hobgoblin II x4

Sisters Core Scanner Probe x16
    Notes:
    • Remove Hornet EC-300 and the cloak for Gallente Alpha clone pilot
    • Replace Hobgoblin II with Hobgoblin I for the Gallente Alpha clone pilot
    • Improved Cloak II provides slight increase in speed while cloaked but is relatively expensive
    • Hornet EC-300 needs the most training but is only needed when in hostile space
    • Cargo Scanner can be replaced with a Scan module if needed (Alpha Clones can use Scan Acquisition)
    • Low slots can be modified to pilot preference:
      • Inertial Stabilizer provide increased maneuverability at the expense of reducing time to be locked
      • Nanofiber Internal Structure provide increased maneuverability and speed at the expense of reduced structure hitpoints
      • Can swap in Overdrive Injector for increased speed at the expense of cargo capacity
      • Can swap in Warp Core Stabilizer to negate warp disruption/scrambler effects at the expense of shorter targeting range and longer lock times
      • Can swap in Expanded Cargohold for increased cargo capacity at the expense of speed and reduced structure hitpoints
  • Combat Fit
    • There are viable fits for FW but does this need to be on the Wiki?
  • Alpha Combat Scanner Fit
    • Does it make sense to keep one for the Alpha prober? I know we built one for the Magnate but I'm still unsure on use cases.
  • Cargo Fit
    • Should this be a thing? Cargo Magnate was intended to be an Omega fit and it sported a large cargo capacity. Do we want an Imicus version?
Just a humble scout
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Post by Budda Sereda »

Yes, we need to move quicker, but the lack of feedback does not mean we really finished the discussion. So I would not use this as criteria.

Exploration fit: I would post one with Improved cloak: often it is a life saver to escape from the bubble, and in the "notes" we can post "downgrade"
Also, I don't think you need to write in "notes" about downgrading drones - that's too obvious and just makes a pollution. Same about "Hornets".

Combat fit: Why would someone use imicus for PvP? Other T1 frigates are also available and should do better.

Combat Scanner Fit: Do you mean combat probe scanner? I believe fit is quite simple, but we can post. It won't be many fits so should be ok.

Cargo fit : I think it makes sense for all 4 races. At some point, I was curious what would be fast transport, and it is not a trivial fit for newbie player. So let's post one. But if you are thinking about 'Imicus, Courier' then I would disagree because it would be good for Courier, while for cargo you need 3 Small Cargohold Optimization rigs, and maybe even T2 (even though I do use T1).

Hope this makes sense?
Biwako Acami

Post by Biwako Acami »

Exploration fit
Since the rest of it is fine I'll update that onto the Wiki and I'll update the Magnate fit to be in line. To be clear the modifications to be made:
  • Use Improved Cloak and update notes to include that it can be downgraded if expensive
  • Remove note about downgrading drone for alpha.
I'll update for more fits once we've agreed on them.

Combat fit
There is a combat fit in the old wiki fits and there are good combat pilots out there who fly a mean Imicus and/or Heron. I've lost to one in a FW plex because he had Tracking Disruptors :roll:. No question about viability for the right situation but it is niche hence my question on if it needs to remain on Wiki page anymore.

Alpha Combat Scanner Fit
This was meant for Alpha clones to be able to combat probe and be hero tackle if needed. The skills lock them out of improving scan deviation beyond .211 AU from .25 AU. In comparison skills alone at All 5 take the deviation for a non bonused hull flown by an Omega clone (like a combat probing T3D) to .141 AU. With the rigs and even the sisters probe launcher you could get the scan strength for the Alpha clone to be better than the combat probing T3D.

Something like:

[Imicus, Fleet PvP - Alpha Combat Prober]

Photonic Upgraded Co-Processor
Photonic Upgraded Co-Processor
100mm Rolled Tungsten Compact Plates

Scan Acquisition Array I
Initiated Compact Warp Disruptor

[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

[Empty Rig slot]

Hobgoblin I x4
Warrior I x4

Sisters Combat Scanner Probe x16
Edit: Updated fit because I forgot Alpha's can use Scan Rangefinding array.

Cargo Fit
The Magnate was unique in the sense that it provided the largest T1 Explorer frigate cargo hold (with modules/rigs). The fit we came up with was also designed for the Omega clone in mind. Omega clones can upship to a Cargo Hecate or even a Cargo Sunesis. Without a cloak, frigate sized cargo ship that doesn't align fast is very risky to promote for Alpha clones.

Sunesis and Hecate, AFAIK, can be fit for fast travel for Omega clones. The Sunesis can actually be fit to be instawarp (1.87s align time) for the Alpha clone while keeping cargo hold of 1k. This would also make it a better courier for cargo size.
Last edited by Biwako Acami on 2017.05.17 08:06, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Combat Scanning fit to use Scan Rangefinding Array
Just a humble scout
Budda Sereda

Post by Budda Sereda »

Thanks Biwako!

Exploration Fit:
I think that exploration fit still has too many notes. Fitting nano and Expanded Cargohold are obvious uses. Let's delete that? Exploring is only profitable in hostile space, so comment "Hornet EC-300 needs the most training but is only needed when in hostile space" is kind of redundant: I would just always use Hornets. I would only left note about WCS, but refrase it: Warp Core Stabilizer can be used to negate warp disruption/scrambler effects at the expense of shorter targeting range and longer lock times; but this does not always help in nul-sec and WH as hunters often use bubles. This give people information which is not obvious from module description itself.

Combat fit:
From what you wrote this looks like a nice even niche option: to troll hunters :) I would just add existing combat fit "Imicus: Kiting" into "Wiki" doctrine. Maybe put a note to replace 1 DDA by Nanofiber so easier to kite or disengage?
To keep things simple I've went ahead and copied to fleet-up old fit from Wiki.

Combat Scanner Fit:
Published your fit with the note on upgrading till T2 with enough skills (it is quite straightforward).
But you still have Rangefinding Array... should it be replaced? I can't validate this now, so feel free to edit fit in fleet-up.

Cargo Fit:
Sunesis - is special edition expensive ship, don't think we need to bother with it. Hecate is T3D.
But Imicus can be used day 1 by almost everybody. So I would post cargo fit too. For now, we have just 3 fits, so haveing 4th won't harm.

I published all things listed above other than Cargo fit. Please add if you have handy.
Biwako Acami

Post by Biwako Acami »

The reason for having notes on T1 exploration frigate is because it's the most looked up fit by new players. I would remove it if you think it doesn't help a new player.

Discussion of low slot modules is going to be subjective. Fast align ships tend to cloak mwd or just warp off when something that has a targeting delay de cloaks. Warp stabbed explorers can escape stealth bomber locks. Strengths either build brings are useless if not piloted right.
Last edited by Biwako Acami on 2017.05.18 05:44, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Typing on mobile is hard
Just a humble scout
Budda Sereda

Post by Budda Sereda »

True. But in my opinion, we should not describe obvious "like WCS" nano makes you quicker, but something like WCS could not save in some circumstances. Or something that in certain use-cases nano would be the MUST.

Anyway, I did remove description yesterday before I wrote my post. If you believe it should be added back, please feel free to do. I believe the biggest thing we do is post typical fits, we should not have too many, yet we should cover typical scenarios. Also, we won't be able to cover everything: if that was easy EVE would not be such a great game.

We need to post Cargo fit... and move Imicus into the archive.
Biwako Acami

Post by Biwako Acami »

Bump for going ahead with the rest without the Cargo fit.
Just a humble scout
Budda Sereda

Post by Budda Sereda »

ok, let's proceed without Cargo fit, we can alway add them later.