[EVENT] Friday Night Fight Club 19:00 ET, Amygnon

Forum rules
Post information about upcoming events here. If you would like some assistance in planning or advertising your event, contact our Events Department.
<<

Jax Renalard

Portrait

Post 2016.05.04 14:13

Re: [EVENT] Friday Night Fight Club 20:00 ET, Amygnon

White 0rchid wrote:Are you making it so people have to fit some form of warp disruption (scram/point)?

Yes tackle is important. Warping off will be a draw.

shappers dovahkin wrote:What's this 6 month age limit? I still suck at 9!
Vorkan Dosja wrote:I agree. My toon is dirt old, but my playing/personal skill is questionable at best. I just want to test my mettle with the rest of the newbs.

Spit ball ideas:
Older toons pay to play?
Older toons get no prizes?
SP limit versus date for those that unsub/resub?
Past winners can't win more than 1/month? Quarter?

Im remove the age limit then. I was unsure of it myself. Ill just try my best to pair up older characters to each other.
<<

Vorkan Dosja

Portrait

Post 2016.05.04 14:53

An easy solution would be to say "After you've won # fight clubs" you've officially outgrown fight club, and should help in other ways such as hunted cruiser or special fight club events. I'm not in charge of this, but I'd like to participate till I feel I've outgrown it myself, and right now I'm not even sure. I feel untested and unready regardless of my SP and toon age. :)
ImageImageImage

<<

Jax Renalard

Portrait

Post 2016.05.04 16:27

Vorkan Dosja wrote:An easy solution would be to say "After you've won # fight clubs" you've officially outgrown fight club, and should help in other ways such as hunted cruiser or special fight club events. I'm not in charge of this, but I'd like to participate till I feel I've outgrown it myself, and right now I'm not even sure. I feel untested and unready regardless of my SP and toon age. :)

I think you are right. I'll leave it as no restriction for now. This is all for fun and learning. Come on down even just to watch. :)
<<

Vorkan Dosja

Portrait

Post 2016.05.04 16:48

I'm a huge fan of the vanity ribbons, and earning them. Maybe we can come up with a fight club set of ribbons. I'm currently thinking of (4) different ribbons.

Blooded: Made a kill in a fight club tourney
Champion 3rd Class: Champion of one (16 min) man tourney
Champion 2nd Class: Champion of two (16 min) man tourney
Champion 1st Class: Champion of three (16 min) man tourney

What do you guys think?
ImageImageImage

<<

Jax Renalard

Portrait

Post 2016.05.09 20:35

Thank guys guys for coming to last weeks tourner. It was fun night, hope you guys learnt something and enjoy it. Part 2 is this friday! Now with T2 mods!

Here is the link to some of fights last week. Sorry I missed a few folks and some footage where cut short.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkaCO40cmjk
<<

Ersin Oghuz

Portrait

Post 2016.05.12 08:46

Jax will you update the log sheet as well for fits and results?
"In Blasters I Trust"

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
<<

Enns Stilkatan

Portrait

Post 2016.05.13 05:24

So only t2 mods right? No faction/t2 hulls, no faction mods/ammo ?
<<

Jax Renalard

Portrait

Post 2016.05.13 15:55

T1 hulls, T2 mods allowed and Faction/t2 ammo only.
<<

Klaus Aubrecher

Portrait

Post 2016.05.13 21:47

Hey Guys. I've really enjoyed the fight club from this friday. This was the first one that I participated but it will definitively not be the last. I'm still learning my way in eve since I have only a 13 days old character but this was an awesome opportunity for me to learn. This was actually the first time I tried PvP in Eve. So much fun! I even won my first match! Thanks a lot for everyone who was in the event as well. Everyone was very friendly. Thanks for the opportunity. Beware of the Tristans!! haha. Fly safe!
<<

Jax Renalard

Portrait

Post 2016.05.15 11:30

Another successful bloody night! Explosions louder with the lift on T2 mod bans.
Thank you all for those who and help me run this madness. We had some close exciting fights. Finally a ship stood up against the Tristan menace, the humble breacher made his way to final and slaughter every boat in his path. Find out the exciting conclusion on HERE!
Kudos to all the fighters, every did amazingly well and extra kudos to the newbros diving right in. We will be back next week folks to our regular scheduling and limits. Cruiser hunt will be back this friday!

The video on the T1 tourney is here.
The fits and ladder of the two tourney are found in this hastily made, madness inducing excel file (you have been warned).
<<

Arkady Olenard

Portrait

Post 2016.05.18 18:38

Cross posting this here, since this thread probably gets a little more traffic.
viewtopic.php?f=104&t=98104&start=15

I'm looking at setting up a bunch of fight club ships on contract in HSC, and I'm curious to see if there are any particular fits that people want handy.

Since we're trying to be super-accessible, the fit should only require skills at III, except powergrid and cpu at IV - if you've got more fitting space after that, at least this lets you just ship guns to HSC instead of the whole thing.

So let me see what you've got, EFT masters!

o7
<<

Arkady Olenard

Portrait

Post 2016.05.18 18:51

Lol, totally overlooked the fits on page 1. Still, if anyone has a favorite do post it. Thanks!

On the topic of age/skill limits or retiring yourself - I think having more people at the event will always be good, and having a wide variety of skillpoints/age will be good as well.

The turnout is still fairly low in the US timezone instance, but it's turned into more of a workshop where we fight a bit then work on piloting skills when we're low on ships or there's a clear skill disparity. Basic slingshotting, kiting, etc without having to worry about guns for the moment.

Long term, I think the best thing for the event is to have a bunch of experienced pilots that are willing to help less experienced ones work on their weak spots (after a couple rounds of actual fights). Drawing in new pilots and making them better this week = more and better fights next week.
<<

Enns Stilkatan

Portrait

Post 2016.05.20 17:20

Is tonight t1, t2 or faction Battleships ? :ccp:
<<

Ersin Oghuz

Portrait

Post 2016.05.21 04:25

Enns Stilkatan wrote:Is tonight t1, t2 or faction Battleships ? :ccp:

It was T5 Titan night. :) After the fight we all hunted a XL Citadel.
"In Blasters I Trust"

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
<<

Jax Renalard

Portrait

Post 2016.05.21 12:36

The day I miss FIghtClub, the day uni takes down a citadel.
PreviousNext

Return to Corporation Events