Teachers Wanted!

For information about upcoming EVE University classes.
Forum rules
All class announcements should be posted in the following format: (CLASS) YYYY-MM-DD Name of the class. Once the class is finished please alter the title to say (COMPLETED). If you are interested in running a class, contact our Teaching Department.
Eris Snoogie

Re: Teachers Wanted!

Post by Eris Snoogie »

Maybe this isn't the best place to put this, but I don't see it meriting its own topic.

Would anyone be interested in a newbros prespective on living in nullsec? I'm talking about lessons learned and some things that I've discovered in null that haven't really been discussed in any forum post that I've seen here?

I suppose I'm mostly trying to poll interest before I commit to building a slide deck and pitching the idea formally. Also, feedback would be super welcome!
Mostly Harmless.

Enns Stilkatan

Post by Enns Stilkatan »

I would totally be interested by your newbro point of view of Nullsec, Eris.
Even more, it's a great idea and I can gladly make a Lowsec version of the subject :D
Torr Victros
Title: [LTI], Graduate

Post by Torr Victros »

Eris Snoogie wrote:Would anyone be interested in a newbros prespective on living in nullsec? I'm talking about lessons learned and some things that I've discovered in null that haven't really been discussed in any forum post that I've seen here?

I suppose I'm mostly trying to poll interest before I commit to building a slide deck and pitching the idea formally. Also, feedback would be super welcome!
I think this would be an interesting subject, particular for people who are considering NSC but haven't taken the dive into null.
Braan Cadar

Post by Braan Cadar »

Great idea! I would be very keen to attend this class!
Student Advocate | Teacher
Image ImageImageImage
Servitium est praemium "Service is its own reward" ~ Per Eruditio, Vis - "Through Knowledge, Power"
Spanky Ikkala
Teaching Manager
Teaching Manager

Post by Spanky Ikkala »

Eris Snoogie wrote:Would anyone be interested in a newbros prespective on living in nullsec?
Eris, this sounds like a fantastic idea. However, can I suggest it MIGHT fit more naturally into the existing NSC 'come and play here' presentation.

If you think this is a suitable solution, can I ask you to liaise with the relevant people in NSC and see if what you can do to help them to update the 'Intro to NSC' slide pack / syllabus to make sure it now meets YOUR needs as a newbro and gets your points across.

If, however, you think your session needs to be a standalone, then go for it :)
Teaching Manager
Uni Hauler

Ex Senior Personnel Officer
Ex Mentor
Ex Special Projects Officer (Unibombers)
Ex Student Guidance
Bear Handd

Post by Bear Handd »

Hi there,

I have only recently joined E-Uni and Eve Online. That said, I am a teacher in real life (or is this real life? I forget some times) so I would be very happy to help in any way I can. I'm reading through the class content and when I feel I've got a handle on things I'd love to help.

I also have a lot of experience building lesson plans and overall curriculums.

Let me know if I can assist in any way.

Jason (Bear Handd)
Jason Eoner
Title: Manager (Teaching), Senior Personnel Officer, Teacher, Sophomore, Management

Post by Jason Eoner »

Welcome Bear! Looks like you're in your first couple months of the game and your first week with the Uni? As you saw on the first post in this thread there's a page called Joining The Faculty.

For all of our aspiring teachers, we'd like you to work toward the Sophomore title first. A big part of that is showing involvement, participation, activity, and generally getting to know us and the game. Like you said, get a handle on the class content. Start by attending some of our CORE Classes. Those are geared toward the basics new players need for success. Once you know the material, these classes have slide decks laid out and ready for you to teach. No assembly required.

Our goal is to get all of the CORE classes taught at least once monthly and we could definitely use some help.
Antei Thantonne
Title: Sophomore

Post by Antei Thantonne »

I could help. Hoping to re-join & teach some logi.
Ergan Eto

Post by Ergan Eto »

I'm quite new to Eve and as such doubt I yet have the skills to teach. However, I'm thinking once I become only a bit better versed in the UI I could help new EVE players pick up the basic skills they will need to get around in the UI. That is a confusion I all too recently suffered myself. Regardless, I'll be back!

I have not taught an online course although in years past I have taught real-life classes on sometimes very technical subjects, and I've mentored quite a few individuals. I am computer literate (retired SW Eng). I actually have way too much free time at the moment.
Thocksan

Post by Thocksan »

I haven't seen an "intro to exploration" class posted in awhile. Is that something the powers that be would be interested in having me give a good crack at?