E-UNI: Class Request Thread

For information about upcoming EVE University classes.
Forum rules
All class announcements should be posted in the following format: (CLASS) YYYY-MM-DD Name of the class. Once the class is finished please alter the title to say (COMPLETED). If you are interested in running a class, contact our Teaching Department.
Finraer
Retired Director
Retired Director

E-UNI: Class Request Thread

Post by Finraer »

We always welcome suggestions for new classes and new topics to cover. Please drop us a notice here if you've a bright idea for one!
Last edited by Uryence on 2022.08.09 14:10, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Updated to reflect current procedures.
Zebink

Post by Zebink »

Perhaps a class about EVE's political history leading up to the current conflict? Might be a bit too much for one class though.
Pteia Massi

Post by Pteia Massi »

I am really interested in a Trading class. The kind of things I'm struggling to understand are
- Must have skills
- How to use any news (concord or in game rumours etc) to know what items might be needed or likely to be dropping in value
- Trade routes: how to recognise and use them
- Possible roles within corps

I joined the game to be a trader, but Eve is so huge Im disheartened cos I just dont know where to start!!

If there isnt anyone to run a trading class, I would really appreciate being pointed in the direction of some good forum posts / websites that may help

Thanks
Pteia
:)
Plutonian

Post by Plutonian »

Scan Probes!

(and not the fluffy little "Let's find an exploration site" ones either) :twisted:
Tremitry Darkstar

Post by Tremitry Darkstar »

Plutonian wrote:Scan Probes!

(and not the fluffy little "Let's find an exploration site" ones either) :twisted:
I'd love to learn how to hunt people down. Everyone could... use a free delivery of ammo, so I'm definitely looking to, uhh, help some people out.

I have no skills trained for this task... but then again, I don't even know what skills I need.
-Tremitry Darkstar
Zillaby Trypp

Post by Zillaby Trypp »

Plutonian wrote:Scan Probes!

Haha, I volunteer to be the hidding rabbit!
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/zillaby][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/2/zillaby.png[/img][/url]
Vincent Valentino

Post by Vincent Valentino »

Maybe some kind of leadership class with some basic role procedures. Go over the basics such as leading a war group, scout party, Pirate raiding, how to manage a gatecamp, some protocol on filling out combat reports, and the such. Not sure how you would do this but also what is involved in managing a corp and an alliance of such a massive size for those of us who wish to create their own corp in the future. (and possibly add it into the alliance no?)
Lexorian

Post by Lexorian »

Basic pvp class, I think would be good. I know I'm not the only new guy, I belive, but I could defintly use a nice overview of this.
Eric Eclipse

Trading Class/Manufacturing

Post by Eric Eclipse »

I've seen another post for a Trading class. I like the path of being a trader/manufactuer. Im not sure if you accepted the other trade class. I kind of want to learn some trade routes and get to use the market. Somebody had told me there is a Trade Hub in each Empire Space. I kind of want to learn about the Trade Hubs and how that would help me in trading.
Sylauria

Post by Sylauria »

I'll second the above request for basic PvP class.
Molten Black

Post by Molten Black »

It dosn't have to be a class but an mp3 of the history of uni would interest me.
From what i hear eve uni has a colourfull past.

Also any political history of eve would be cool.
Dierdra Vaal
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by Dierdra Vaal »

the basic pvp and eve uni / EVE political history classes sound very nice.

Perhaps some fleet pvp/combat classes as well.
Cala Veth

Post by Cala Veth »

How to make Big Bucks 101, please. ;)

I would be very happy with a series of 101 classes in a variety of basic EVE topics - I've been playing for little over a week now, but I feel I need pointers in a lot of areas - mission running, Trading, Mining, PvE, PvP etc. Getting the most out of the EVE user interface could perhaps also be a nice class.
Echelon2A

Post by Echelon2A »

Cala Veth wrote:How to make Big Bucks 101, please. ;)

I would be very happy with a series of 101 classes in a variety of basic EVE topics - I've been playing for little over a week now, but I feel I need pointers in a lot of areas - mission running, Trading, Mining, PvE, PvP etc. Getting the most out of the EVE user interface could perhaps also be a nice class.
alot of those you can find in the class mp3 list or so
[img]http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/corp/Finraer/echelon.jpg[/img]
Trevias Torx

Post by Trevias Torx »

I would be more than interested in a course about the ins and outs of manufacturing and marketing products. I can't seem to get more than the worth of materials when I sell something I have made.