How can we improve our classes?

For information about upcoming EVE University classes.
Forum rules
All class announcements should be posted in the following format: (CLASS) YYYY-MM-DD Name of the class. Once the class is finished please alter the title to say (COMPLETED). If you are interested in running a class, contact our Teaching Department.
kamaTayun

Re: How can we improve our classes?

Post by kamaTayun »

Awesome. I'll check it out. I like to listen to them while I'm working and such, so the more, the better.
Hek Mara

Post by Hek Mara »

I have a suggestion related info/advert for classes. Could be easier to follow up classes if there is a weekly ingame mail like events. As Subject: Uni Classes maybe
Also would be great if there is "ping class" in discord and teachers ping before a day and a few hours

Regards,

Hek
Anidien Dallacort
Director of Education
Director of Education

Post by Anidien Dallacort »

Hek Mara wrote: 2022.07.03 19:23 I have a suggestion related info/advert for classes. Could be easier to follow up classes if there is a weekly ingame mail like events. As Subject: Uni Classes maybe
Also would be great if there is "ping class" in discord and teachers ping before a day and a few hours

Regards,

Hek
Actually both of these things exist and are active!

For the in game mail, look for a weekly mail called "Uni Happenings", typically sent from Psychotic Fickity in our Orientation Department. This mail outlines not only the classes in the coming week - but other events that are on the calendar.

For the Class Ping channel in Discord - be sure to sign up for the "Class" role in Alliance Auth. That will get you in the right channel!
Anidien Dallacort - Director of Education
Skirmish FC, Graduate

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ynnos Fyrestrike
Title: Freshman

Post by Ynnos Fyrestrike »

Wondering if these classes are displayed on a calendar somewhere? No biggie if not, just a thought.
-------------
"Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux."
Jindo Lee

Post by Jindo Lee »

Ynnos Fyrestrike wrote: 2022.10.21 17:52 Wondering if these classes are displayed on a calendar somewhere? No biggie if not, just a thought.
See https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/EVE_University_Calendar
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Allion Eullon

Post by Allion Eullon »

Is there an "intro to loot" class?

As a noob - its hard to know what to sell (on market vs buyback), what to keep (as you're going to need it one month in), what to reprocess.
Spanky Ikkala
Teaching Manager
Teaching Manager

Post by Spanky Ikkala »

Allion Eullon wrote: 2024.03.16 20:40 Is there an "intro to loot" class?

As a noob - its hard to know what to sell (on market vs buyback), what to keep (as you're going to need it one month in), what to reprocess.
There's no class for this as it's very subjective and there would not be a definitive answer. However, it's something we could definitely add to a list of potential options for the future if someone wants to create that class. In the meantime, I'd ask in you community discord channels (or your mentor if you have one).

Reprocessing is only generally worth it if you have good reprocessing skills (and ideally the implant).

You can sell stuff locally (great rates but potentially slow to sell), you can sell stuff at Jita (faster sales, lower rates, stuff needs moved), or you can sell to buyback (lowest rate, almost immediate cash, no hauling required).

In almost all cases you are swapping your ISK return / sales effort for speed of ISK - whatever is most important to you
Teaching Manager
Uni Hauler

Ex Senior Personnel Officer
Ex Mentor
Ex Special Projects Officer (Unibombers)
Ex Student Guidance