Teachers Wanted!

For information about upcoming EVE University classes.
Forum rules
All class announcements should be posted in the following format: (CLASS) YYYY-MM-DD Name of the class. Once the class is finished please alter the title to say (COMPLETED). If you are interested in running a class, contact our Teaching Department.
Qynn Qyksilver

Re: Teachers Wanted!

Post by Qynn Qyksilver »

Nickolas Protege wrote:Yes more teachers please!

One day soon™ I would enjoy being one, but I don't know anything practical yet to be able to answer questions. I hope to see some more EST TZ classes in the new year!!!
Post what classes you'd like in est TZ in the class request thread... I'm in that TZ m'self.
Last edited by Qynn Qyksilver on 2012.12.24 18:11, edited 1 time in total.
Qynn Qyksilver, Former Teacher, Former ILN LT (SCOG/SRG)
Currently slipping into my Tesco packaging as "Lasagne"
Termy Rockling
Title: Graduate

Post by Termy Rockling »

Qynn Qyksilver wrote:Post what classes you'd like in est TZ in the class request thread... I'm in that TZ m'self.
You need to fix the link, it goes to someones profile instead post.

Fixed Class Request Thread link
Mentor and Minmatar lover
Well, it depends...
Qynn Qyksilver

Post by Qynn Qyksilver »

Termy Rockling wrote:
Qynn Qyksilver wrote:Post what classes you'd like in est TZ in the class request thread... I'm in that TZ m'self.
You need to fix the link, it goes to someones profile instead post.

Fixed Class Request Thread link
Doh. Fixed.
Qynn Qyksilver, Former Teacher, Former ILN LT (SCOG/SRG)
Currently slipping into my Tesco packaging as "Lasagne"
peacebee

Post by peacebee »

I need to get round to making a class on amarr/caldari mission fitting, maybe just a Q and A.
Only a week in the uni, so might wait for a bit.
Angel Nite

Post by Angel Nite »

hi there,

When i Get my internet back and im sorted in the new house, Should be by the end of june.
I will Step up for this as i was asked to do this when i joined.
Ya can contact me while im not ingame via darkheart069@gmail.com
i will be online soon as i get net back.. atm i am using data from my phone and posting.
untill i speak to you all.. see you soon
Dennis (Angel Nite)
Tsukino Stareine

Post by Tsukino Stareine »

Do I have to officially be a teacher or can I continue my adhoc lessons when I have time?
Paledan Safemal

Post by Paledan Safemal »

The important part is teaching.

I teach because I want to help people learn some aspects of this game better. That's a way for me to show gratitude for the help I received as a new player, and have continued to receive since. There are no perks associated with the teacher title.

So you can have my teacher title if it will help you teach, I don't really need it :wink:
Rose Alice

Post by Rose Alice »

I'd like to throw my hat in a start doing simple causes like <Race> 101 / Fitting 101 then a maybe fitting 102.
But i have no idea where to start, and the last thing i want to do is let down 30 people.
Tobor Paladin

Post by Tobor Paladin »

I recently applied for teaching, but have gotten no response. How long does it usually take for it to process? I already know the classes I want to teach, including one of the most popular at the moment: ECM.
Tobor the Redeemer

"Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I’m stranded somewhere without any pants."
-Alistair, Dragon Age Origins
Annaka Hansen

Post by Annaka Hansen »

Since I'm somewhat back from sabbatical I generally check it once a week. Expect me to process them Sunday at the latest, that's when I like to do the weekly managerial duties (mailing about classes, check apps, etc)
Former Student Advocate - Former Teaching Manager
Twitter
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Zavius Aideron

Post by Zavius Aideron »

I just came back to playing Eve-Online. I am planning on signing back up with the Uni. I can teach Planetary Interaction quite well. Have been doing it for a while and have been making quite the profits.
Aflixion Starr

Post by Aflixion Starr »

My sophomore title application is nearly done being processed, and as soon as I get it, I plan to apply for a teaching position! I think I'd be able to effectively teach tanking and missiles classes.
Graduate / LSC / Guest Lecturer / Guest FC / Mentor
DO YOU LIKE WAFFLES?
BobbyRush

Post by BobbyRush »

Don't wait, apply today!
Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
John Tomplin

Post by John Tomplin »

I have had difficulties in getting my sophomore status, but hope to teach a short class orienting people to the resources for an EVE fiction writer, with a follow-up period that discusses writing in EVE in general. This was to be held in conjunction with the end of the Pod and Planet contest on November 10th. I am focused on getting this sorted out in time.
The Teacher Part One novella in progress! Comments are welcome at John's EVE Fiction forum post for his novella. Keep writing and fly dangerous!
Darian en Chasteaux

Post by Darian en Chasteaux »

Hello,

First let me say that the quality of the teachers are simply awesome; if Eve Univ wasnt on Eve Online I would not be playing and paying for a SUB in this game; that says everything.

I know I may fail in upholding to some of the standards that Eve Univ holds; but I will be corrected I am sure and sent on to the next job; it is simply called learning from mistakes and we all make them.

Teachers help us to not only learn from our mistakes, but to try and help us realize that mistakes are also a part of learning; not the exception to the rule.

I have trained horses for 10 years and gave up due to health; horses teach people things about life; chess teaches people things about life; and now...it will be PVP and the loss of several Mil ISK per fight to teach us how to deal with ... LOSS.

Teachers hopefully help us sway those percentages to the WIN side of the house.

Here is where I am different than some; I never teach to WIN; I teach to PLAY ! Winning and losing have to be learnt by the entities that that incur these effects.

It is how we play the game that matters.

As such I am interested in being a teacher with Eve Univ in a 'military' regard as a Strategic and Tactical Technician.

I have not developed a syllabus and it will take some time for me to learn these aspects in real game play; but I am slowly seeing them already in place !!! No less thanks to the teachers that have already talked about these things.

The 'Art Of Bookmarking' is both a strategical and tactical example.

The use of that art and science (! I am a science nut too!) is also strategical and tactical in and of itself; if it were not for these things that the Eve Univ teachers have taught us; we again would not be here.

It is in the use of these 'technologies' is where I come in. I hope to learn these things by being in fleets myself so that I can teach the ideas as well.

It is basically a class for beginners to new MMOs in general and applying them to Eve as well as going beyond that and working in Fleets; something I have yet to learn myself before I can teach it !

This is but one road I have before me; and there are many I have yet to travel.

Darian