Teachers Wanted!

For information about upcoming EVE University classes.
Forum rules
All class announcements should be posted in the following format: (CLASS) YYYY-MM-DD Name of the class. Once the class is finished please alter the title to say (COMPLETED). If you are interested in running a class, contact our Teaching Department.
Qato Vollan
Title: Honorary Member, Evel Knievel, [LTI]

Teachers Wanted!

Post by Qato Vollan »

Teaching sits at the heart of EVE University's mission, which is why those who volunteer to teach for us are our most important resource.

Without volunteer teachers, EVE University couldn't teach. These players selflessly volunteer their time and effort to teach new capsuleers the various career paths and options available to them in New Eden. Most experienced players eventually move on from the Uni, and our teachers are no different. This is why we are constantly seeking students who are willing to step up, and teach what they've learned to a new generation of pilots.

To become a teacher, you do not need to be an expert by any means, and often teachers will begin teaching the basics in one area and later expand the classes they teach as their knowledge and confidence increase. We have ready-made class templates from which to teach, and we are always on the lookout for new and innovative classes to add.

For more information, get in touch with the teaching staff in the #teaching-officers channel on the Uni Discord, or via forum PM.
Last edited by Uryence on 2022.08.09 14:09, edited 1 time in total.
The Underdark

Re: Teachers Wanted!

Post by The Underdark »

I'm working on it!

I was a teacher for a while about a year and a half ago.. I'm in the application process waiting to be processed :D
Jameson Bolmara
Title: Graduate

Post by Jameson Bolmara »

I really want to do this soon. When I was in the Navy, I taught for the Gunners Mate School in Great Lakes for several years and in RL have taught various other subjects. I'm just trying to wrap my head around the Eve subject matter.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage Image
Image ImageImage
Ex Assistant Personnel Manager - Ex Orientation Manager
Qato Vollan
Title: Honorary Member, Evel Knievel, [LTI]

Post by Qato Vollan »

Looks like we have an ideal candidate to teach Gunnery 101 :)
Alcyone Codesmith

Post by Alcyone Codesmith »

Virtually all the classes I've attended since joining the University about 6 weeks ago seemed well attended and enthusuastically received by appreciative students. There also seemed to be significantly more class activity a few weeks back than is currently scheduled.

So I'm curious as to whether the current lack of scheduled classes is due to a shortage of teachers, everyone just on summer vacation, just an anomolus lull or ?

Alcyone Codesmith
http://www.alcyonecodesmith.com
Marduk Gault

Post by Marduk Gault »

I will do my first classes very soon (few more busy days in RL to get through)

I am really looking forward to teaching classes, and running fleets. is there any specific classes that are needed? there are many things that I will teach in the future, but I feel its a good idea to try to fill any holes we have and teach classes that are currently not available, I can also make use of an australian time zone (although i play till very late in the morning so i am on the US time zone also)

thansk for the inspiring little push, via this thread
NorthCrossroad
Title: Unit Leader, Graduate

Post by NorthCrossroad »

Marduk Gault wrote:I will do my first classes very soon (few more busy days in RL to get through)

I am really looking forward to teaching classes, and running fleets. is there any specific classes that are needed? there are many things that I will teach in the future, but I feel its a good idea to try to fill any holes we have and teach classes that are currently not available, I can also make use of an australian time zone (although i play till very late in the morning so i am on the US time zone also)

thansk for the inspiring little push, via this thread
It is easy to note which classes are needed. Check the class request thread. :)

North
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Teaching Manager, Mentor. Founder of cheap +3 implants program. Responsible for cheap faction mods for Unistas programs
NorthCrossroad
Title: Unit Leader, Graduate

Post by NorthCrossroad »

Alcyone Codesmith wrote:Virtually all the classes I've attended since joining the University about 6 weeks ago seemed well attended and enthusuastically received by appreciative students. There also seemed to be significantly more class activity a few weeks back than is currently scheduled.

So I'm curious as to whether the current lack of scheduled classes is due to a shortage of teachers, everyone just on summer vacation, just an anomolus lull or ?
Mostly summer.

North
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Teaching Manager, Mentor. Founder of cheap +3 implants program. Responsible for cheap faction mods for Unistas programs
Marduk Gault

Post by Marduk Gault »

thank you NorthCrossroad, I had not seen that page
Allison Ambrye

Post by Allison Ambrye »

Application sent!
:twilightblush:Allison Ambrye — Associate Teacher / Hapless LSC Tackle / Gallente Smartass
___"Because LEARNING!"
Rainer Dardanos

Post by Rainer Dardanos »

I have submitted my application as well! Hope to hear from you soon.
Murbella Idaho

Post by Murbella Idaho »

App submitted, eager to help
Graduate - Teacher - Mentor - Wormhole Campus Liaison
Spanky Ikkala
Teaching Manager
Teaching Manager

Post by Spanky Ikkala »

Well I'm in the UK military and I've been running training schools, designing courses and delivering training for the last 10 years. Give me a few weeks to get my head around what I'm doing here, a few active months/years to gain some experience and credibility at it, and then I'll happily come and run some stuff for you. ;)
Teaching Manager
Uni Hauler

Ex Senior Personnel Officer
Ex Mentor
Ex Special Projects Officer (Unibombers)
Ex Student Guidance
Ryalck

Post by Ryalck »

Guys, give me until july/august and I'll be back in Denmark. Reason i stopped was simple. I got a rare opertunity to go to Australia to study for 1-2 semesters. So I did it, when I'm back in Denmark, I do promise that I will get back to you guys, give me a month or so to get back to speed and such, but after that I'll happily hold a few classes each week and maybe even join the uni and go for learning how to administrate the industrial site of eve on a corporation level. Well enough about that, but I do promice, that when I get back to eve, I will get back to you guys as well. But heey, how often do you get the opertunity to study at the other side of the globe?

Ryalck
Nickolas Protege

Post by Nickolas Protege »

Yes more teachers please!

One day soon™ I would enjoy being one, but I don't know anything practical yet to be able to answer questions. I hope to see some more EST TZ classes in the new year!!!