E-UNI: Class Request Thread

For information about upcoming EVE University classes.
Forum rules
All class announcements should be posted in the following format: (CLASS) YYYY-MM-DD Name of the class. Once the class is finished please alter the title to say (COMPLETED). If you are interested in running a class, contact our Teaching Department.
Cazzah

Post by Cazzah »

I second the POS request. This probably isn't something that a class needs to be done on but how can find out the older lore - the Eve website only holds the last few months of news or so so I don't understand a lot of stuff
This game is about groups of bastards competing to be the biggest bastard in a battle for money and power.
...and we're running a charity ~ Cazzah
Super General

Post by Super General »

I can run an open Q&A session on the POS tommorow just after downtime if you wish to join up.

Details to follow.
Dagda Morr

Post by Dagda Morr »

I'd be really interested in a sort of "Corporate Management" type of class. Topics would cover:

Setting up a corp - why/how/what sort of corps are there?
Recruitment advice ect
Setting up roles/permissions/hangars and safeguarding against theft/spys
Corp standings (for POS and jump clone purposes)
Your first wardec as a small corp (advice/tips ect)
Diplomatic advise (dealing with other corps/alliances)
Expaning your corp
Aliiances
Sov and the move to 0.0

Just thought this might be interesting , and it might be usefull for those students thinking about moving on from the Uni to start their own corp.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/7664/evolava.jpg[/img][/url]
Xar Khan

Post by Xar Khan »

A class on gang warfare would be great, a live exercise afterwards either in low sec or against other EU pilots. Also I saw that a class on sisi was going to be done but canceled so that newer members could participate later when the new mirror was done, which as of August 7th it was, any way we could do these?
Super General

Post by Super General »

I know this is a fairly long shot in the dark given the uni's regular training, but i'd appreciate speaking to somone with a few questions reguarding the use of Jumpdrive travel.

Capital ships and capital modules i know about, just the navigation and use of jumping that i don't know enough about.

Also if you do know about them but don't want to host a lesson, i'd gladly host a lesson with the knowledge gained from the discussion.
Super General

Post by Super General »

Edit: Double post
Draconis Rebellious

Post by Draconis Rebellious »

Looking at the Eve Calendar, End of August and all of September looks very bleak and empty. As a server technician and married, my time gets eaten quicker than a barbecued penguin in the middle of a school of Orcas. But I have time off during the last week of August and the first week of September, so I would be glad to be apart of any classes available. I would appreciate seeing classes that fit the following...

Fitting Frigates
Trade
NPC Corporation Status (Grind away those standings)
Contracts

I realize this is a tall order but if one or two of these classes could be touched, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!
Tashanaka

Post by Tashanaka »

Cazzah wrote:I second the POS request. This probably isn't something that a class needs to be done on but how can find out the older lore - the Eve website only holds the last few months of news or so so I don't understand a lot of stuff
I'm new to EVE as well and I like to read about the background/lore of a game as it helps to immerse myself into the game.

I recently found the "EVE Chronicles Archive" which I believe holds the entire set of chronicles. I'm about half way through and new additions come out weekly. Some of the stories cover the history of the Ammar/Mimmintar and Caldari/Gallente conflicts but I haven't got to the newer stuff so I don't know if it covers Empyrean Age.

Archive: http://www.eve-online.com/background/potw/archive.asp
Silke Morte (Biomassed)

Post by Silke Morte (Biomassed) »

It would be great if the Uni could run some "intro to PvP", "intro to tackling" etc classes. I've found text and audio from many past classes on the forums and they're good reading, but I think I little concrete practice would go a long way. I'd like to get some in a "safer"environment where people have time to tell me what I'm doing wrong, before I start participating in rampages and whatnot.
VV Mnc

Post by VV Mnc »

Illintar is a great tackling-class teacher. :)
[img]http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/4695/signatureunibullrunld5.jpg[/img]
-
[i]Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt.[/i]
Segrorror

Post by Segrorror »

I've been reading alot on these forums and saw that if you have a request for a class it should be posted here.

Alot of my lack of experience is in PvP so pretty much any class that involves PvP or fitting for PvP would be great.

Also role playing in fleets, I can read and listen to the archives but learn much better through execution of techniques as I am sure many others do.
Silke Morte (Biomassed)

Post by Silke Morte (Biomassed) »

After a recent op, I'd like to put in a request for a fleet control class to give budding FCs some idea what they're at least trying to do before they start learning from their mistakes. I'm looking for nuts and bolts stuff, not "The Tao of FCing" like that EVE Tribune article everybody always points me to.

Here's stuff I can think of including, i.e. the list of things that I know I don't know. People who actually know how to do this stuff will doubtless have more.

- What in game interfaces do you actually use? Is the in game interface used for anything apart from "align to X"?
- Teamspeak setup, using the teamspeak interface to move people around. Command channels, scouting channels, other channels I've never heard of.
- How to check that all the infrastructure stuff is working before you set out. How to find who hasn't done their overview, including the ones who "didn't notice" when you asked.
- How to choose the prerequisites for people who wish to join your op.
- ROE, and how to cope if they put you at a disadvantage.
- Differences between war ops and peacetime ops. Implications of high/low/null-sec.
- Fleet composition, the ideal and how to make the best of the non-ideal.
- How do you look for trouble (adjoining systems, close warp ambushes) to avoid unfavourable fights?
- What sort of scouting do you want done before you fight somewhere?
- How do you use bait to get favourable fights?
- What primaries and secondaries to call?
- What orders do you give to people, and what should they know to do without being told? [E.g. can you tell the EW people "jam the rest" or do they need enumerated targets?]
- The merits of fighting aligned vs orbiting, at various ship sizes and align times.
- When, where and how to run.
- How to get a fleet home in pods.
- Is there any reason for an FC (the guy giving orders) to fly a command ship, or is that a "buffing" role independent of actual command?
- What would FCs ideally fly anyway?
- What to do if the FC is popped, disconnected, etc.

I'm sure there's more.
Myztary

Post by Myztary »

I wouldn't mind seeing some late night CST classes - I believe that would run sometime between 0300 and 0500 Eve time. The only classes in-game that I get a chance to participate in is on the weekends and that's hit or miss. I will say however, that whenever I've had a quetion or needed to learn something that members and staff are quick to take me to the side and give me instruction which has been awesome - thanks to all who have done that.
Alexi Stukhov

Post by Alexi Stukhov »

I'd really like to attend an intro to group mining class, I'm almost to my osprey and I've never been a part of a group mining op before. Plus I don't see any upcoming mining classes planned.

I do have to say I love that there are ppl out there willing to train n00bs like myself, thanks to all of you.
Cazzah

Post by Cazzah »

Silke an FC class like that would be pretty complicated. Most of it just comes from experience, reading other people's stories and asking lots of questions of older plaayers

And for Alexi, I don't think the uni has ever run a mining class, because there is a fantastic "miner's bible" out there called Halada's mining guide (this thing is incredible) http://www.eve-wiki.net/index.php?title ... ning_Guide

Also to Tashanaka I know about the chronicles - what I want are the older news posts which detail the evolution of the empires since Eve first started.
This game is about groups of bastards competing to be the biggest bastard in a battle for money and power.
...and we're running a charity ~ Cazzah