E-UNI: Class Request Thread

For information about upcoming EVE University classes.
Forum rules
All class announcements should be posted in the following format: (CLASS) YYYY-MM-DD Name of the class. Once the class is finished please alter the title to say (COMPLETED). If you are interested in running a class, contact our Teaching Department.
Garr Anders

Post by Garr Anders »

What about the certificates for cruisers (and all the other) ships during wartimes ?
---
Inactive - Thukk U
Karsa Orlonng - Director of Operations
Fighting the right fight ! - Thukk U

- Factional Warfare 101 & 102
- Flying Minmatar
  • "The only winning move is not to play" is about the best damn advice anyone can get regarding arguing over the internet.
Aubrey McAdeus

Post by Aubrey McAdeus »

Tremitry Darkstar wrote:
Plutonian wrote:Scan Probes!

(and not the fluffy little "Let's find an exploration site" ones either) :twisted:
I'd love to learn how to hunt people down. Everyone could... use a free delivery of ammo, so I'm definitely looking to, uhh, help some people out.

I have no skills trained for this task... but then again, I don't even know what skills I need.
Scan probes defo! And hunting folk down... I imagine there's an amount of crossover here - doing both would be cool...

\Aub
Wimwyn

Post by Wimwyn »

Would really be interested in Exploration Class/s - my skills moving that way just another 58 days to go before fully trained for Exploration :lol: :lol: :P
B0NEHUNTER

Post by B0NEHUNTER »

How does exploration work?
maltari

Post by maltari »

It would be nice to get a session of the Gang Mouvement class in June. Especially since it's a requirement to Acacia's Tacking class.
Audria Tambor
Title: Honorary Member, ***2T Corrector of Spelling!

Post by Audria Tambor »

maltari wrote:It would be nice to get a session of the Gang Mouvement class in June. Especially since it's a requirement to Acacia's Tacking class.
Seconded. (Thanks, maltari, I'd forgotten this thread was here. :P )
[img]http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w88/purpletricycle/blotted_audria.png[/img]

We are all stardust... some more often than others
Bootak

Post by Bootak »

Sorry to post twice but didn't see this topic until I had already created a new topic.

Anyway, would really like to take some intro classes during Asian timezones. I'm a new player so want to take as many available classes as possible in order to get a general knowledge regarding EVE, although I plan to mostly do PVP.
Ezra Starkiller

Post by Ezra Starkiller »

I'd like to second Bootak's request...

...if we have a large enough number of people who live on the Asian side of the world, would it be possible for those teachers interested (or who live over here with us) to try and schedule some classes for us over here? I guess I'd say classes that happen between 800GMT and 1400GMT?
Ezra Starkiller
Signature Under Construction
Radon Vlamirek

Boomarking tips

Post by Radon Vlamirek »

Bookmark making is little difficult for me, so I would like to have training about that. It's easy to bookmark stations or mining spots, but I don't get it how to make safespots.

Short lecture and some pratice how to make bookmarks example in Korsiki system would be most welcome.
[b]Radon Vlamirek[/b]

[img]http://elsavior.albaani.org/share/radon_signature.jpg[/img]
Dlardrageth

Re: Boomarking tips

Post by Dlardrageth »

Radon Vlamirek wrote:Bookmark making is little difficult for me, so I would like to have training about that. It's easy to bookmark stations or mining spots, but I don't get it how to make safespots.
There is a quite decent introduction to this on YouTube by Goonfleet. Simply search for "Goonfleet" and it should show up as "Safespotting 101" or similar. While it's not the most detailed introduction, it gives you the basics pretty well. (And I'm not sure how many possible lossmails of mine in low-sec have been averted by safespotting. Everyone should get the basics IMO!)

Other than that I second the wish for a detailed safespotting/bookmarking/scouting class. Maybe even as a two-parter with part 2 dealing with low-sec specific issues? :)
[img]http://dl.eve-files.com/media/0806/7thGL.mine%5B1%5D.jpg[/img]
Janiae

Re: Boomarking tips

Post by Janiae »

Radon Vlamirek wrote:Bookmark making is little difficult for me, so I would like to have training about that. It's easy to bookmark stations or mining spots, but I don't get it how to make safespots.

Short lecture and some pratice how to make bookmarks example in Korsiki system would be most welcome.
I had problems with getting that myself, but this helped me out alot -

http://www.eve-ivy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4802
Molten Black

Post by Molten Black »

A lecture on POSs would be helpfull. The recent events have thrown up a lot of questions to which different answers are flying around.
Also a lot of members will move on to other corps or form their own. A knowledge of POS deployment and management is something I think uni should teach.

Note: just remember you cant deploy a POS whilst still a member of uni.
Radon Vlamirek

EW class needed

Post by Radon Vlamirek »

I have missed two previous EW classess, because time was unsuitable for me. I hope that EW-class can be arranged on Eastern Europe time (18-20 Eve time or earlier on weekend).
[b]Radon Vlamirek[/b]

[img]http://elsavior.albaani.org/share/radon_signature.jpg[/img]
Higg Solo

Post by Higg Solo »

Hiya! I second the POS "howz it work?"type of training. That would be cool.

I am only able to attend classes during the 7-11 Eve Time window. On weekends I have some more flex time, but generally it's in that time frame that I can play. That's why I've only attended one class with all my time in the uni to date. The forums and helpful peeps are the best though! :D

I hear that the tackling class is required for every other class. If there's any way for me to attend classes without taking tackling, I'd be glad about that. Tacking is very important, and I understand it. I just don't have any interest in doing it myself. Maybe that will change since I didn't think I'd ever like mining and I do, but for now it would be cool if I could just attend any class. I think I've overcome the learning curve at this point, which I figure is a big reason for the prereqs. Something I am interested in on the non-DPS side of combat is healing. I had a fairly successful cleric in EQ, and found that role to be very fun.

I'd be interested in a mining class, specifically, the ideas behind mining gangs, bounses, and whatnot. I'm interested in general pvp, and fleet movement. I've learned quite a bit of pvp the hard way so far, and a class to avoid the pirate tricks of the trade would be very helpful. The little rules regarding aggro and how they differ in gangs, among corps, and whatnot are bound to catch up to me lol. I'm also interested in learning more about manufacturing and research. Dee inspired me to try it and I made me some iron charges and 1 tractor beam :-). I had to sell the tractor for less than what it cost me in minerals... but hey, I gave it a shot. Research I don't get much at all. I understood that you once got BPOs from a lottery system, but was told that is no longer true, and now you've got to use agents. That's all I know for the most part lol.

I'm doing pretty well in trading, and I might be able to assist with a class in trading at some point if needed.

Take care,
-Higg
General Stargazer
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by General Stargazer »

Higg Solo wrote:Hiya! I second the POS "howz it work?"type of training. That would be cool.
POS's are a part of a very wide subject range. For those of you interested in this subject; was you looking at something in particular (ie their use in system control, there use in combat, there use for research, for manufacturing, etc etc,) or just a general overview?
Something I am interested in on the non-DPS side of combat is healing. I had a fairly successful cleric in EQ, and found that role to be very fun.
Currently, to my knowledge, the closest thing to "healing" and support (Aside from Capital Ships) is the use of Logistics ships and gang support modules in Battlecruisers and Command ships. This is the ability to boost the abilitys of other ships directly (using modules such as remote sensor boosters/tracking links) or indirectly (Gang Bonus modules and Leadership bonus's).

As to "Healing", logistics and Command ships have bonus's to specific modules such as "Remote armor repair" or "Shield Transfer" to keep the other ships alive.

Command ships and logistics ships are normally a specailised role for pilots in eve, so theres not normally a massive demand for something like this. Thou with enough interest i can write up a few posts and discuss there uses?
[img]http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f388/fatpie32/GS.jpg[/img]
Major General Stargazer - Artillery Specaillist, EvE Photographer and Rare ship collector