E-UNI: Class Request Thread

For information about upcoming EVE University classes.
Forum rules
All class announcements should be posted in the following format: (CLASS) YYYY-MM-DD Name of the class. Once the class is finished please alter the title to say (COMPLETED). If you are interested in running a class, contact our Teaching Department.
Ikki Phoenix

Post by Ikki Phoenix »

Given that there is a good chance for us to get attacked by Privateers,it would be nice to have starting this week classes on only basic PVP,fleet and such.
Opening a thread on Eve Uni General Discussion so those of us interested can post their availability
Destrel

Post by Destrel »

Anyone who has a grasp of the new invention and exploration systems, this is an important new topic that a class could be conducted on. I know someone made a writeup about it on the boards, trying to find it, but class would be good.
Eric Eclipse

Mining

Post by Eric Eclipse »

Im interested in a mining class for low sec. I want to learn how to mine well in low security space.
Eric Eclipse

Tech 2 Production

Post by Eric Eclipse »

I want to learn abit about Tech 2 Production. I am very well interested.
Destrel

Post by Destrel »

Safespots, bumping, max angular velocity vs. max velocity (IE picking orbits), safe missioning in times of war, giving chase...some ideas for more PVP subjects.
Garr Anders

Post by Garr Anders »

Not really a full class request, but we should have a short reminder on TS disziplin from time to time

I do like just chatting on TS, even I don't do it because my lack of time, but just some general reminders, as

general:
+ don't use voice activated
+ there is no "I" in TS, because we don't know your voice, if you talk over TS please include your ingame name at some point

+ in classes disziplin is easy, as it is a class questions should be asked (some teachers collect them all at the end, some have them at any ponit), but just mentioned what it should be like in war times:
- gang chatter is for gang chat, keep TS clean
- you don't have to confirm everything on TS, do that in gangchat,
- talk on TS when it is really needed, keep it clean for the scout and the fleet commander
- if someting important shows up, I recall there was something like: say : Check check check, this is <inserst your name> <insert your importent message>

p.s.
I was ROFL most of the time during brionos class with freezehunter on TS ;) :lol:
---
Inactive - Thukk U
Karsa Orlonng - Director of Operations
Fighting the right fight ! - Thukk U

- Factional Warfare 101 & 102
- Flying Minmatar
  • "The only winning move is not to play" is about the best damn advice anyone can get regarding arguing over the internet.
Supremopete

Post by Supremopete »

I'd like a trade class and an exploration class
Travian Belk

Post by Travian Belk »

It would be great if we can get a revised PvP lecture from Troubadour.

tb
Shad0wsFury

Post by Shad0wsFury »

Travian Belk wrote:It would be great if we can get a revised PvP lecture from Troubadour.

tb
Troub says he wants to do one, and I've already talked to Finraer about contacting Troub, so it's probably going to happen in the not-so-distant future.
Cassius Longinus

Post by Cassius Longinus »

I would request some later classes... say 0200+. Most things seem to happen around 2000 which I can almost never catch.
Finraer
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by Finraer »

Shad0wsFury wrote:
Travian Belk wrote:It would be great if we can get a revised PvP lecture from Troubadour.

tb
Troub says he wants to do one, and I've already talked to Finraer about contacting Troub, so it's probably going to happen in the not-so-distant future.
I'll be trying to grab him online tonight when I finally escape the office - working on a bank holiday :(

Fin
[img]http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/corp/Finraer/fin_lurk.jpg[/img]
Molten Black

Post by Molten Black »

ok it's not a class request as such but i would find usefull instruction on using and setting up the client for the test server.

Why am i finding this simple thing difficult? Well i set up the client on a seperate partition on my hard drive, all was fine untill i went back onto tranquillity. Allthough i used a partion to install the test server client my original cache was corrupted. bookmarks/buddies/places/safespots and settings all screwed :(

the test server is such a usefull tool i don't want to do without it but it seems a lot of conflicting info is floating around.

before anyone says "you should have backed up your cache" I know, NOW.

Maybe someone could post a tutorial on how to set up and use the test server, i'm sure i can't be the only one having trouble with this.
Jared Tua'tha

Post by Jared Tua'tha »

You should have backed up your cache
Diehard Minmatar - The real mans race of EvE
Herbie Horkensburry

Tackling

Post by Herbie Horkensburry »

How about a tackling class? I missed the last one cause my nic fried on the same day as the class.
Acacia Incana
Retired Director
Retired Director

Re: Tackling

Post by Acacia Incana »

Herbie Horkensburry wrote:How about a tackling class? I missed the last one cause my nic fried on the same day as the class.
Just watch the calandar for the next scheduled tackling classes.
[img]http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/4901/signatureacaciabasicinsqs2.jpg[/img]
[color=violet]RETIRED[/color]