E-UNI: Class Request Thread

For information about upcoming EVE University classes.
Forum rules
All class announcements should be posted in the following format: (CLASS) YYYY-MM-DD Name of the class. Once the class is finished please alter the title to say (COMPLETED). If you are interested in running a class, contact our Teaching Department.
Nienke Solette

Re: E-UNI: Class Request Thread

Post by Nienke Solette »

Shauny Tsero wrote: This is something that my mentors do with their charges on a 1-2-1 basis. That's not to say a workshop is not needed because it would be useful!
I'd like to suggest that if the Uni does not have an in-house teacher / workshop leader for that, maybe it's possible to bring in Null Flare of Signal Cartel?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Post by Merc452 »

Shauny Tsero wrote:
This is something that my mentors do with their charges on a 1-2-1 basis. That's not to say a workshop is not needed because it would be useful!

I am setting up a workshop for this 3-25-2020 at 0000

Anyone can eve mail me anytime with fits if they can't attend the workshop. PVE, PVP , explo abyssal send em all over.

If anyone has specialized experience in fitting for a specific role or purpose let me know. We can get a review board together!!!
Yun Jingyi

Post by Yun Jingyi »

I would like to request a "how to make a fit" class.

I have attended the introductory class about the fitting window and I have tried to make some fits myself, but they were all bad, so, if possible, I would like something more advanced on how to make a useful fit. I'm especially interested in frigates.
Image Image Image Image
Merc452

Post by Merc452 »

Yun Jingyi I am running a fitting workshop on the 7th at 2300. You are welcome to bring your fits there. if its outside your time zone you can always eve mail me some fits and I can work with you on them that way.
Gergoran Moussou

Post by Gergoran Moussou »

I'd like to see more guest on the history of various notable corporations, alliances, and other organizations. Last year, Kyle Saltz did one on the history of ProviBloc and Aralis has done a similar thing previously. Two of the most interesting episodes of Talking In Stations last year were on the history of Fweddit and Pandemic Legion. Stuff like that. The wiki only lists a couple of those, with Saltz's one being the only one since 2019. Perhaps it might be worth looking into a few more history lectures of groups besides ProviBloc.

There are a few Q&A sessions in the class library from some very interesting people. Examples include Alekseyev Karrde, Grath Telkin, and Shadoo. I'd like to see some more of that as well. The TRIGG one at the end of last year was interesting. Others that I remember from last year include Katia Sae and La Loca.

I'd suggest seeing if Alek is interested in doing an updated Q&A about how mercenary PVP is different today than it was in 2012 when he did his, as well a few other returning figures who did Q&A years ago (it's probably going to be difficult to get Grath and nearly impossible to get Shadoo, though).

I'd like to see more Q&A with various leaders (CEOs, directors, fleet commanders, and whatever else) of corporations and alliances of different sizes and types. The TRIGG one covered the leadership of a small-medium SovNull alliance. Ashley Traynor recently talked about what it's like to run a wormhole corp. La Loca talked about what it's like to be an FC with a high-class wormhole corporation. What about seeing if other people from other areas of the game. Argus Sorn has done a few lectures about some things, his corp recently moved out of TEST to live in Guristas-controlled space in Venal. Maybe you could set something up with Julianus Soter, the head of the Villore Accords alliance (one of the larger faction warfare alliances) who is running for president of the Gallente Federation (and recognized in-universe as such).
9th CCI medalist

Alcohol Inspector

Post by Alcohol Inspector »

It would be nice to have more USTZ classes on EVE Lore, role-playing, Triglavians for those of us who got into the game because we love a good sci fi story.
Ver Alar

Post by Ver Alar »

I would be very interested in taking two courses:

- How to Logi 101
- How to Industry 101 -> specifically geared toward the basics of (a) useful skills (b) useful 3rd party tools (c) how to invent things with a sub-focus on (d) you have all this salvage, what do?
Athena Firefly
Title: Sophomore

Post by Athena Firefly »

Ver Alar wrote:I would be very interested in taking two courses:

- How to Logi 101
- How to Industry 101 -> specifically geared toward the basics of (a) useful skills (b) useful 3rd party tools (c) how to invent things with a sub-focus on (d) you have all this salvage, what do?
Hi Ver!

Until these classes appear on the calendar next time, we have some excellent recordings of Intro to Logistics by Mike Kingswell and Intro to Industry by Xaviar Onassis available in our Class Library, that you can listen to at your leisure! :D
The slidedecks for each are also linked there, so you can follow along with the class.

Both of these Teachers are very knowledgeable and experienced in their respective subjects, so these recordings are really great.
Hope this helps! :)
~~~ I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar! ~~~

Teaching Assistant Manager | Fittings Staff
Former: NSC Manager | NSC Hangar Officer
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image
Lev XII

Post by Lev XII »

I noticed a forum post here https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 5&t=116923 wondering about a PI class and I would like to second that request in this class request thread.

While I plan to review the materials and advice given in that thread and see about the existing recorded classes, a live course is always appreciated in order to ask questions and increase engagement.
Leviathan
Merc452

Post by Merc452 »

Is there any interest for a doctrine theory class.

This would be more along the lines of looking at ship roles and a look into ship synergy.

This would not make you have the next golden fleet but more so aimed at how to look at ships in the big picture vs at the individual pilot level.

It would also look at fleets numbering 20-50.

If there is interest we could see if anyone would be willing to do large scale (200+) or small gang (under 10) doctrine theory classes as well.

For my part of the 20-50 man bracket i would be looking at cruisers, battle cruiser or assault frigates based on interest

If there is a unista that would like to run the class with me we can go over existing uni doctrines as well
Royce007

Post by Royce007 »

Merc452 wrote:Is there any interest for a doctrine theory class.

This would be more along the lines of looking at ship roles and a look into ship synergy.

This would not make you have the next golden fleet but more so aimed at how to look at ships in the big picture vs at the individual pilot level.

It would also look at fleets numbering 20-50.

If there is interest we could see if anyone would be willing to do large scale (200+) or small gang (under 10) doctrine theory classes as well.

For my part of the 20-50 man bracket i would be looking at cruisers, battle cruiser or assault frigates based on interest

If there is a unista that would like to run the class with me we can go over existing uni doctrines as well
Earlier this week in a Q&A session, me and a couple of others were asking for "Advanced fitting classes" and then we realized what we really wanted was an Intro to Doctrines class. So yeah, I'd like to see one happen.

Also, I'd like to do a few classes that's already been requested like a class on PI, some kind of class on Incursions and a class on Manual Piloting and piloting strategies. Thanks :)

Edit: Someone during a Q&A said they might do a class on Abyssals and abyssal running strategies and fittings. I'd really like to do that one.
I am me...
Owain abArawn

Post by Owain abArawn »

Could we get an EWAR class in the US time zones? We've had a couple of classes recently, but alas, they took place during periods of unconsciousness.
Royce007

Post by Royce007 »

Owain abArawn wrote:Could we get an EWAR class in the US time zones? We've had a couple of classes recently, but alas, they took place during periods of unconsciousness.
You might check Spanky Ikkala's twitch. Since he did those classes he has them recorded.
I am me...
Spanky Ikkala
Teaching Manager
Teaching Manager

Post by Spanky Ikkala »

Owain abArawn wrote:Could we get an EWAR class in the US time zones? We've had a couple of classes recently, but alas, they took place during periods of unconsciousness.
http://www.twitch.tv/spanky_ikkala ;)

Just be aware that I had some connectivity issues during both EWAR classes this week, so that impacted the stream unfortunately. Hopefully the next one will be 'clean'
Teaching Manager
Uni Hauler

Ex Senior Personnel Officer
Ex Mentor
Ex Special Projects Officer (Unibombers)
Ex Student Guidance
Achewy

Post by Achewy »

I have seen several posts related to the history of Eve. I am not sure if there has been a class recorded on this. I would love to see a historical breakdown of how we got to where we are today with the alliances. It may be more beneficial to more focus on the present. But it could be really intriguing if someone has a brief synopsis of the history all compiled.