E-UNI: Class Request Thread

For information about upcoming EVE University classes.
Forum rules
All class announcements should be posted in the following format: (CLASS) YYYY-MM-DD Name of the class. Once the class is finished please alter the title to say (COMPLETED). If you are interested in running a class, contact our Teaching Department.
Xenotaff Livergarde
Title: Freshman

Re: E-UNI: Class Request Thread

Post by Xenotaff Livergarde »

Hello . I'm interested in learning how a SC mining fleet works or how to be prepared to do one. I will be getting a porpoise and would like to know how this is organized but font find any class about that.
Anidien Dallacort
Director of Education
Director of Education

Post by Anidien Dallacort »

Xenotaff Livergarde wrote:Hello . I'm interested in learning how a SC mining fleet works or how to be prepared to do one. I will be getting a porpoise and would like to know how this is organized but font find any class about that.
Honestly, your best bet here, is to join the next shared can, if you can. It's on Sunday at 1200 EVE time, details in the post below:

https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 3&t=118247

Do you have the skills to fly a barge (Procurer/Retriever/Covetor)? We'll have at least one Orca on grid boosting, so ore yield wise, you'll get much more out of a barge/exhumer. If the Porpoise is what all you can fly, talk to the Fleet Commander (Edhin, who posted that linked post) just to get his a-ok on it (since the Porpoise is technically out of the planned doctrine for the fleet).

I want to eventually create a more robust set of courses on mining (and industry in general), but right now the best learning opportunity for Shared Cans, is to join one. We'll help you out along the way, no problem at all!
Anidien Dallacort - Director of Education
Skirmish FC, Graduate

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Xenotaff Livergarde
Title: Freshman

Post by Xenotaff Livergarde »

Anidien Dallacort wrote:
Xenotaff Livergarde wrote:Hello . I'm interested in learning how a SC mining fleet works or how to be prepared to do one. I will be getting a porpoise and would like to know how this is organized but font find any class about that.
Honestly, your best bet here, is to join the next shared can, if you can. It's on Sunday at 1200 EVE time, details in the post below:

https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 3&t=118247

Do you have the skills to fly a barge (Procurer/Retriever/Covetor)? We'll have at least one Orca on grid boosting, so ore yield wise, you'll get much more out of a barge/exhumer. If the Porpoise is what all you can fly, talk to the Fleet Commander (Edhin, who posted that linked post) just to get his a-ok on it (since the Porpoise is technically out of the planned doctrine for the fleet).

I want to eventually create a more robust set of courses on mining (and industry in general), but right now the best learning opportunity for Shared Cans, is to join one. We'll help you out along the way, no problem at all!

Unfortunately i would not be able to join due to time zone. My time will be 7 and its early for us here. But I hope I can join some in the future.

I have the skills to fly up to an orca right now, just finishing the skills for support and drones.
Anidien Dallacort
Director of Education
Director of Education

Post by Anidien Dallacort »

Xenotaff Livergarde wrote:Unfortunately i would not be able to join due to time zone. My time will be 7 and its early for us here. But I hope I can join some in the future.

I have the skills to fly up to an orca right now, just finishing the skills for support and drones.
No worries, these have been run at a pretty regular basis lately. I’m going to be looking to plan one a little bit later in the day at some point to (I’m US Pacific time myself).

If you were looking at pointers on how to run a SC - join the AMC chat channel in game, and the AMC campus channels on discord. Ask questions, get answers, profit! We’re around to help you succeed.
Anidien Dallacort - Director of Education
Skirmish FC, Graduate

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Eleeyah Myrha

Post by Eleeyah Myrha »

Would love a class on trading, station trading specifically. EU timezones, though I'm flexible. :)
Eleeyah Myrha

Post by Eleeyah Myrha »

I would like to request a class on finding content and what tools there are to use. DOTLAN, zKillboard, and anything else that we can use to detect where to either go to find something to shoot or where to not go to not get shot. Also, some little tricks like to look for NPC kills going up or down in a system to detect ratters or missioning people, etc..
Pingu Chieve

Post by Pingu Chieve »

Eleeyah Myrha wrote:Would love a class on trading, station trading specifically. EU timezones, though I'm flexible. :)
I'll look and see if anyone is avalible to do a class. In the mean time, here is the link to the slides for the introduction to trading:
https://slides.eveuniversity.org/?slidesID=357
Eleeyah Myrha wrote:I would like to request a class on finding content and what tools there are to use. DOTLAN, zKillboard, and anything else that we can use to detect where to either go to find something to shoot or where to not go to not get shot. Also, some little tricks like to look for NPC kills going up or down in a system to detect ratters or missioning people, etc..
Will also look into this
Eleeyah Myrha

Post by Eleeyah Myrha »

Pingu Chieve wrote:I'll look and see if anyone is avalible to do a class. In the mean time, here is the link to the slides for the introduction to trading:
https://slides.eveuniversity.org/?slidesID=357
I've been trading for about a week and a half now. While I think there aren't enough players in the E-Uni who have actually created a trader alt to supplant their main, I personally don't necessarily need the lesson anymore. :)
Pingu Chieve wrote:Will also look into this
Thanks, that would be awesome. Could be really good for both FCs and any solo roam.
Shi-ka She

Post by Shi-ka She »

I'd like to see a class on D-Scan, please.
Bron Romba

Post by Bron Romba »

Shi-ka She wrote:I'd like to see a class on D-Scan, please.
I second that, this class would be very nice.
Otto Shultz

Post by Otto Shultz »

I imagine that this is a common request, but I have only seen one offered recently. Is it possible to run another theory and practical Logi class? I have trained the skills, but I have not used the skills yet and I did not want my baptism of fire to be during a fleet. It could be an adjunct to the intro to fleets class practical session. More broadly, it would be useful to also run practical classes on all aspects of the 'support' functions. Thank you in advance.
Mike Kingswell

Post by Mike Kingswell »

Will be doing one in the coming days - finally got my homeoffice schedule for the next week :)

Any tday/time that is especially good for you?
Alumnus, Teacher
Image Image Image Image Image
Diathen Eridani

Post by Diathen Eridani »

Hello,

I'd like a class on how to organize, manage, and run a eve player corp. I know there are lots of ways but maybe a class on the fundamentals of corp CEO'ing. Some of the cross-spectrum traits of corporate running.

Thanks,
-Diathen Eridani
Mike Kingswell

Post by Mike Kingswell »

Otto Shultz wrote:
Spoiler
I imagine that this is a common request, but I have only seen one offered recently. Is it possible to run another theory and practical Logi class? I have trained the skills, but I have not used the skills yet and I did not want my baptism of fire to be during a fleet. It could be an adjunct to the intro to fleets class practical session. More broadly, it would be useful to also run practical classes on all aspects of the 'support' functions. Thank you in advance.
Your wish is my command:
https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 2&t=119755
Diathen Eridani wrote:
Spoiler
Hello,

I'd like a class on how to organize, manage, and run a eve player corp. I know there are lots of ways but maybe a class on the fundamentals of corp CEO'ing. Some of the cross-spectrum traits of corporate running.

Thanks,
-Diathen Eridani
We are trying to rope our very own Laura Karpinski into this one ;)
Alumnus, Teacher
Image Image Image Image Image
Diathen Eridani

Post by Diathen Eridani »

Thank you! Had to look that name up. The Alliance Director, sounds like a lot of experience! I hope it happens, looking forward to it!
-Diathen