E-UNI: Class Request Thread

For information about upcoming EVE University classes.
Forum rules
All class announcements should be posted in the following format: (CLASS) YYYY-MM-DD Name of the class. Once the class is finished please alter the title to say (COMPLETED). If you are interested in running a class, contact our Teaching Department.
Saoirse Flowerchild

Re: E-UNI: Class Request Thread

Post by Saoirse Flowerchild »

i want a class on scanning down targets with combat probes.
Rorhke Shardani

Post by Rorhke Shardani »

Keep an eye on the schedule, I'll probably have Exploration 101 on there again in the next week or two.

It doesn't specifically cover scanning down targets with combat probes but will cover everything you need to know about scanning down targets - be they sigs with normal probes or combat targets.

Probably the weekend of June 18/19
Assistant Teaching Manager | Mentor | That Annoying Class Announcement Guy | SPO
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Paledan Safemal

Post by Paledan Safemal »

Check out the calendar, I might schedule a combat scanning class again.
Jurius Doctor

Post by Jurius Doctor »

Spanky Ikkala wrote:
Gramnaster Triotitanate wrote: I really wanna try being an FC but I simply don't know where to start. Thank you!
Gram, thanks for this, I have seen some of those classes running recently but I will see what else we can put on. As for FCing, if you haven't already, I would speak to your campus FCs and perhaps FC a small gang with an experienced FC as your deputy? Dive in and go for it, I know when I started FCing bomber roams I missed so many fights because I was afraid of losing my fleet by making a mistake, but when I'm a member of a fleet I'm more than happy to lose a ship to help the FC learn and i just want a fun fight.
Zebulon Tucker wrote:Could we have a Fleets 101 class in an UK Timezone friendly slot if possible?
Zeb, I'll see what I can do. I admit we do ask people just to 'dive in and have a go' but we DO need to give them some context and enough understanding that they don;t feel totally overwhelmed from the start.

Anyway, I'll try to sort out some FC-related classes for you both

o7
You are all (Spanky included) welcome to join my monthly Battle Venture roam. Happens in the first weekend of each month, and I always use it as an opportunity to teach a crash course in Fleet Basics. If you'd like to Co-FC for me, you're welcome to do so to get your feet wet. It's a lot of fun, and I encourage you to train your leadership skills to 5 so you can take advantage of the Leadership training program.
Image Image
Jurius Doctor

Post by Jurius Doctor »

To those who have specifically been looking for classes on:
  • Ship Types
  • Brawling vs Kiting
  • Fitting for PVP
  • Ship Types and strengths/weaknesses
  • When to orbit, when to keep at distance
  • Advanced techniques
... you're in luck!

While perhaps a bit out of date with the flurry of recent updates from :ccp:, there is a video of the E-UNI Advanced Frigate Lecture on YouTube, as recorded by John Drees 1 year ago.

Video here.

Cheers,
Doc
Image Image
Tao Dolcino

Post by Tao Dolcino »

Hello :)
I'm new to fleets and would be very happy to attend a class about fleets mechanisms, its rules within EVE Uni, its language and abbreviations, etc... that way i would feel less worried to do something wrong during my first fleets and to be a burden for the other members :oops:
Thank you :)

Ps : I'm EU TZ
Personnel Officer
Jacob Velora
Title: Assistant Manager (Teaching), HSC Logistics Officer, Senior Personnel Officer, Mentor, Sophomore, Management

Post by Jacob Velora »

Hi

Is it possible we can have a Fitting 101 class soon? I haven't seen one run for quite a while and this would be of a lot of help to newbros.

Thanks
Tansarii Kashada
Title: Ensign, Graduate

Post by Tansarii Kashada »

I second the ship types class - it's an area I'm weak in. I would also suggest a ships 102 type class - maybe looking at the way certain ships stack up against each other, covering strengths and weaknesses as it relates to PvP. We need a flowchart :D !
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Zeerse Solaris
Title: Diplomat, AMC Officer, Mentor, Bloober, Teacher, Graduate

Post by Zeerse Solaris »

I'd like a logi 101, I could sit in a T2 logi ship although still training those skills, I have never remote repped more than a sentry drone with my Domi running L4s.
E-uni Teacher:: Apply to be a teacher
E-uni Mentor: Apply to be a mentor
Tao Dolcino

Post by Tao Dolcino »

+1 for a logi 101 :)
Personnel Officer
Antei Thantonne
Title: Sophomore

Post by Antei Thantonne »

UPDATE: Logi 101 Scheduled. Working on slides for Logi 102, will schedule when complete.

Antei
Torr Victros
Title: [LTI], Graduate

Post by Torr Victros »

Tao Dolcino wrote:Hello :)
I'm new to fleets and would be very happy to attend a class about fleets mechanisms, its rules within EVE Uni, its language and abbreviations, etc... that way i would feel less worried to do something wrong during my first fleets and to be a burden for the other members :oops:
Thank you :)

Ps : I'm EU TZ
Rudra Som has a weekly class called PvP Dynamics on Fridays at 23:00. This might be too late for EU TZ, but it's the type of class you're asking about.

Any of the NoP fleets will usually have time at the beginning devoted to teaching the basics of fleets. That's also a good place to start.

Hope this helps.
Rudra Som
Title: Graduate

Post by Rudra Som »

As part of the weekly PvP Dynamics Class, Starting NEXT week we will go on a four week LOGI marathon... Please check the below link as well.

http://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtopi ... 72&t=98798

This is your opportunity to become the best of the best with Logistics :)

12th August 23:00 - Logistics 101
-What is logistics?
-Reasons to fly logistics.
-How they work.
-Skills.
-Ships.
-Potential ship roles.
-Fitting and modules.

19th August 23:00 - Logistics 102
-The Logi fleet interface.
-Energy transfer mechanics and chaining.
-Logi Drone usage.
-Electronic warfare.
-Defensive tactics.
-Engagements/examples.

26th August 23:00 - Logistics Positioning & Engagements
-Fleet Comps vs Logi choices
-Fleet engagements and Logi Positioning
-Practicals with 3 typical Logi situations/positioning

2nd September 23:00 - Capital Logi (FAX Edition)
The main focus of this class will be the application of practical skills covered in the previous three classes and expanding that knowledge to 'Force Auxiliary' capitals as they take over the remote repair role from Carriers.
Aurelius Kai

Post by Aurelius Kai »

I'd love a class on "How to survive in Low-Sec / Null-Sec/ WH space".

I originally wanted an "Exploration beyond Hi-Sec" but I already know how to hack data/relic sites. What I really need to learn is how to keep my ship alive. This begins at crossing the threshold between Hi and Low/Null Sec, and avoiding the gate camps. Then moving deeper into low/null/wh and learning best practices for hiding from threats and War Targets, cloaking, as well as protecting yourself from gankers and rats.
Aurelius Kai

Post by Aurelius Kai »

Rorhke Shardani wrote:Keep an eye on the schedule, I'll probably have Exploration 101 on there again in the next week or two.

Probably the weekend of June 18/19
Did this ever happen? I'm eager for an Exploration class!!