E-UNI: Class Request Thread

For information about upcoming EVE University classes.
Forum rules
All class announcements should be posted in the following format: (CLASS) YYYY-MM-DD Name of the class. Once the class is finished please alter the title to say (COMPLETED). If you are interested in running a class, contact our Teaching Department.
Thaddeus Kastelanski

Re: E-UNI: Class Request Thread

Post by Thaddeus Kastelanski »

Truth be told, I got back into EVE this year after a long hiatus because I started tinkering around with the game's data: system characteristics, location of celestials, system connectedness, etc. This was partially inspired when I stumbled upon http://schildwall.phbv3.de/topology.html.

I don't see much in the way of classes or materials on the subject of the data behind EVE. Does anyone recall anything like this that exists and is well-organized?

Assuming this doesn't exist, it would be fun to have a hands-on example of working with this data. I'd be happy to work on building this out, if there is interest. My comfort zone centers around working with data in databases, rather than spreadsheets, so this is where I would focus any effort.
Aldrat Solitude NSC
ImageImage
October 22

Post by October 22 »

How about a class (Discord & Mumble) on how best use E-Uni Overview and tips & tricks? Thanks. Preferably on weekend, I'm in -8 UTC.
Clarityz

Post by Clarityz »

October 22 wrote: 2022.06.12 20:45 How about a class (Discord & Mumble) on how best use E-Uni Overview and tips & tricks? Thanks. Preferably on weekend, I'm in -8 UTC.
There's no E-UNI overview class, but there's are D-SCAN classes and bookmark classes around that cover related things. You can also feel free to ask on discord, or the ingame questions channel for any help you might need.

You could also apply for the mentor program

In general the wiki is a very useful tool.

Setting up EVE Uni overview: https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Installi ... y_Overview
October 22

Post by October 22 »

Clarityz wrote: 2022.06.13 10:04
October 22 wrote: 2022.06.12 20:45 How about a class (Discord & Mumble) on how best use E-Uni Overview and tips & tricks? Thanks. Preferably on weekend, I'm in -8 UTC.
There's no E-UNI overview class, but there's are D-SCAN classes and bookmark classes around that cover related things. You can also feel free to ask on discord, or the ingame questions channel for any help you might need.

You could also apply for the mentor program

In general the wiki is a very useful tool.

Setting up EVE Uni overview: https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Installi ... y_Overview
Cool, I'll look into those classes. Majority of classes seem to be in the EU time during the weekdays, any chance of holding classes for people in -8 UTC during the weekdays, like around 02:00 Eve time?
Saromi Vos-Tali

Post by Saromi Vos-Tali »

Seconding the course on the ins and outs of manufacturing. I would love a course or a wiki article that could go into the setup and use of tools like IPH or Ravworks. They seem very powerful, but the learning curve on them is STEEP.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Adrian Tarmikos

Post by Adrian Tarmikos »

It was mentioned in Discord that it would be nice to have an Industry class sometime, especially one that could focus on figuring out what things to produce, cost breakdowns for materials buying/producing, market analysis, and third party tools that help with this sort of thing.
Official Newbro
Uryence
Teaching Manager
Teaching Manager

Post by Uryence »

Saromi Vos-Tali wrote: 2022.08.09 20:42 Seconding the course on the ins and outs of manufacturing. I would love a course or a wiki article that could go into the setup and use of tools like IPH or Ravworks. They seem very powerful, but the learning curve on them is STEEP.
Duly noted! We'll have to think about how far down the industry rabbit hole a class can go, but these ancillary tools are a great topic.
Adrian Tarmikos wrote: 2022.08.09 20:42 It was mentioned in Discord that it would be nice to have an Industry class sometime, especially one that could focus on figuring out what things to produce, cost breakdowns for materials buying/producing, market analysis, and third party tools that help with this sort of thing.
Also noted! We definitely have industry classes, but perhaps we need a higher tempo of them.
2022 fleet command cumulative delta: 33,014,075,514.00 ISK
Jindo Lee

Post by Jindo Lee »

Clarityz wrote: 2022.06.13 10:04
There's no E-UNI overview class...
As far as I know, anyone can develop and teach a class on any topic -- there's no such thing as "There is no class on that..."

And I agree that an overview class would be very helpful. It is one of the more confusing, and most important aspects of the game. :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Pablus Voidborne

Post by Pablus Voidborne »

Hi all.

not sure if theres already a class but theres some topics i ll like to learn.

Abbysal Deadspace - Intro - Mechanics - NPC Kill order - Fits - General Info.
Faction Warfare - Intro - Mechanics - Where - How - Fits - General Info.
Minning - Intro - How - Types of ships - Minning Fleat Roles and Setup - General Info.
Razgak

Post by Razgak »

I do agree that a class reguarding faction warfare would be welcomed. There's not much documentation on the subject, ever true since the uprising update changes.

Aprart from that, i would really appreciate the schedulling of a wormhole living class !

reguards

Razgak
Akshcorp

Post by Akshcorp »

I personally would like to host a class on Forward Operating Bases (FOBs, I'm just not sure whom I need to be directly contacting to get this ball rolling.
Lan Man

Post by Lan Man »

Akshcorp wrote: 2023.02.23 02:42 I personally would like to host a class on Forward Operating Bases (FOBs, I'm just not sure whom I need to be directly contacting to get this ball rolling.
Ohhhh I'd be very interested in taking this class.

My understanding is there's somewhat a build it and they will come mentality around new classes. Have a go at writing up your presenting notes and slides, and the finer fit and finish items can fall into place mid or late in development.

If you need help, slides template, etc. drop some posts in the Discord #teaching-general channel. I think any of the teaching managers should be able to provide the slides/template. If you need a specific name, I've been providing my presenting notes for some of the classes to Spanky Ikkala.
Lan Man
Pronouns: He/him/they | Wiki
Image ImageImageImageImage
Spanky Ikkala
Teaching Manager
Teaching Manager

Post by Spanky Ikkala »

Akshcorp wrote: 2023.02.23 02:42 I personally would like to host a class on Forward Operating Bases (FOBs, I'm just not sure whom I need to be directly contacting to get this ball rolling.
Thanks for stepping up to teach this @Akshkorp. Send me a DM on Discord with what you want to do / what you need from the Teaching Department, and we can work with you to make this happen.

o7
Teaching Manager
Uni Hauler

Ex Senior Personnel Officer
Ex Mentor
Ex Special Projects Officer (Unibombers)
Ex Student Guidance
Brandon gr5ayman

Post by Brandon gr5ayman »

How to earn isk when locked down in war with little or no wallet and underpowered ships. Not everone starts out with big wallets and years of knowledge.
Anidien Dallacort
Director of Education
Director of Education

Post by Anidien Dallacort »

Brandon gr5ayman wrote: 2023.03.18 04:58 How to earn isk when locked down in war with little or no wallet and underpowered ships. Not everone starts out with big wallets and years of knowledge.
I'd recommend trying to get into one of the Intro to War classes being held to talk this kind of matter - you'll see that, by no means, do we want people locking themselves down during war. Please do ask questions on how to adapt gameplay to flying safely during war - but still getting out and doing things!
Anidien Dallacort - Director of Education
Skirmish FC, Graduate

ImageImageImageImageImageImage