E-UNI: Class Request Thread

For information about upcoming EVE University classes.
Forum rules
All class announcements should be posted in the following format: (CLASS) YYYY-MM-DD Name of the class. Once the class is finished please alter the title to say (COMPLETED). If you are interested in running a class, contact our Teaching Department.
Adree Jericho
Title: Assistant Manager (Teaching), Mistress of Arts, Teacher, Management

Re: E-UNI: Class Request Thread

Post by Adree Jericho »

Keres Bull wrote:I would like to see a couple classes, I think a nice industrial class could go through dofferent types of industry and how to be efficient. Maybe a class focused specifically on gas mining and ice mining, I would also like classes on pvp. I know we already have these classes but specifically looking for classes I can attend as it seems most the classes are at a time in which I cannot attend. But maybe introduction to capital ships and other things along that same path. Once again classes in multiple time zones. Also maybe drug manufacturing for boosts and stuff.
What time zone are you looking for specifically? There's a PvP class happening in an EU-ish time zone.
Jackson Millenius

Post by Jackson Millenius »

I thought I would post in here a suggestion. I feel like a class that covers different piloting techniques in game would be great. Like kiting, slingshotting, etc. These are things that I suck at and would like to learn more about, and I feel having some practice with other students under a teachers watch would help us improve our pvp fundamentals.
Adree Jericho
Title: Assistant Manager (Teaching), Mistress of Arts, Teacher, Management

Post by Adree Jericho »

A good place to start would be HSC's Fight Club. It's a 1v1 PvP practice test-bed with supervision and feedback. Check it out!
Shauny Tsero
Title: LSC Manager, Orientation Officer, Titles Officer, Teaching, Ensign

Post by Shauny Tsero »

I've seen/heard of a few requests for Fleet Scouting

Also Fittng a ship too, I myself would love to see a detailed class explaining how to fit a ship, modules, weapons, charges, stats, etc. as I have no idea when it comes to ship fits.
LSC Manager, Orientation Officer, Titles Officer, TA, Ensign, Former Student Advocate, Former Mentor Manager
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ImageImage ImageImage ImageImageImage
Fedo Moo Moo

Post by Fedo Moo Moo »

Hi I'm new here and would really like to learn a class on manual piloting manuvers.
Willuw Everquest

Post by Willuw Everquest »

Hello, curious if there is a scouting/tackle class? I probably missed it if it has been taught anytime in the past months. Thanks
"I see a massive blob of Blinky-tiny spheres floating around in space on my screen...with 27 windows open everywhere ...and I am trying to feverishly activate the right modules on the right targets that are being called with shaky hands… if I can do that that's 90 % success to me..." Willuw - 3 Aug 2019
Shauny Tsero

Post by Shauny Tsero »

Willuw Everquest wrote:Hello, curious if there is a scouting/tackle class? I probably missed it if it has been taught anytime in the past months. Thanks
If you can then attend Introduction to D-Scan as this is a fundamental skill when scouting.
LSC Manager, Orientation Officer, Titles Officer, TA, Ensign, Former Student Advocate, Former Mentor Manager
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Willuw Everquest

Shauny Tsero wrote:
Willuw Everquest wrote:Hello, curious if there is a scouting/tackle class? I probably missed it if it has been taught anytime in the past months. Thanks
If you can then attend Introduction to D-Scan as this is a fundamental skill when scouting.

Thanks Shauny, my DSCAN skills are pretty solid at this point (sort of have to be living in a WH)- I am looking more for other scouting specifics like using dotlan to stay ahead of the fleet, general movement etc. etc. I'd also be happy to latch myself onto an established scout instead of a class, Kyle? Not sure who else comes to mind. Thanks.
"I see a massive blob of Blinky-tiny spheres floating around in space on my screen...with 27 windows open everywhere ...and I am trying to feverishly activate the right modules on the right targets that are being called with shaky hands… if I can do that that's 90 % success to me..." Willuw - 3 Aug 2019
Shauny Tsero

Post by Shauny Tsero »

Ah ok kool, yeah the specifics will need a class for that maybe a practical workshop...

Athena Firefly
Title: Sophomore

Post by Athena Firefly »

Hi Willuw! ^^

While we do not currently have an in-house class on this particular topic, we do however have some recordings available for the following closely related lectures that I hope will be of use for you (recordings linked in the respective posts): Enjoy! :D
~~~ I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar! ~~~

Teaching Assistant Manager | Fittings Staff
Former: NSC Manager | NSC Hangar Officer
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image
Willuw Everquest

Athena Firefly wrote:
Hi Willuw! ^^

While we do not currently have an in-house class on this particular topic, we do however have some recordings available for the following closely related lectures that I hope will be of use for you (recordings linked in the respective posts): Enjoy! :D

Thanks Shauney/Athena I'll check these out much appreciated!
Mike Kingswell

Post by Mike Kingswell »

Also if you are interests in scouting: Try to tag along a scout during a fleet and have them wisper-talk you through their actions in a mumble subchannel.
If you see me on mumble/ingame also feel free to grab me for a quick intro
Alumnus, Teacher
Image Image Image Image Image
Owain abArawn

Post by Owain abArawn »

I would like to see a EW class on the schedule. They are offered rarely, it seems, and unfortunately I was unable to attend the last one.
Athena Firefly
Title: Sophomore

Post by Athena Firefly »

Owain abArawn wrote:I would like to see a EW class on the schedule. They are offered rarely, it seems, and unfortunately I was unable to attend the last one.
Hi Owain! ^^

Do you mean the 'Introduction to EWAR' class?
~~~ I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar! ~~~

Teaching Assistant Manager | Fittings Staff
Former: NSC Manager | NSC Hangar Officer
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image
Owain abArawn

Post by Owain abArawn »

Athena Firefly wrote:
Owain abArawn wrote:I would like to see a EW class on the schedule. They are offered rarely, it seems, and unfortunately I was unable to attend the last one.
Hi Owain! ^^

Do you mean the 'Introduction to EWAR' class?
That one, and any other classes on the topic we might have.

I have a professional interest. :D