[COMPLETED] 2024-03-17 Intro to Wiki Editing (@ 0100)

For information about upcoming EVE University classes.
Forum rules
All class announcements should be posted in the following format: (CLASS) YYYY-MM-DD Name of the class. Once the class is finished please alter the title to say (COMPLETED). If you are interested in running a class, contact our Teaching Department.
Drebin 679
Coordinator
Title: Freshman

[COMPLETED] 2024-03-17 Intro to Wiki Editing (@ 0100)

Post by Drebin 679 »

Oh, I put a class in the teach-a-thon, but I wasn't sure what to talk about. What to do, what to do...
Arin Mara wrote:The most significant way in which you can currently help with the ongoing Wiki Event is to hold a class or teach how to use the Wiki, in whatever form you feel comfortable with.
Ah, that works. Thanks Arin.

So, the Uni is very closely linked with the wiki that it hosts. But what if you see something that doesn't sound right or is out of date, or there's some new piece of content that doesn't have a corresponding page on the wiki yet and you'd like to make one, but you've never edited a wiki before? Then this class is for you! An overview of MediaWiki basics, and how they can be applied to the UniWiki.

And yes, we do have a Wiki Event going on right now. Help beautify it, and you could earn some prizes!

When: Sunday, 2024-03-17 @ 0100
Where: Anywhere (E-UNI Mumble & Discord)
Duration: 1 hour

Topics/Agenda:
  • Quick history
  • Basic MediaWiki formatting
  • Editing the UniWiki
Hope to see you there!
Last edited by Drebin 679 on 2024.03.17 02:03, edited 1 time in total.
Former Incursion Coordinator & Wiki Curator
Image Image Image
Arin Mara
Wiki Manager
Wiki Manager

Re: [CLASS] 2024-03-17 Intro to Wiki Editing (@ 0100)

Post by Arin Mara »

It's awesome to see a Wiki Editing class! :)

I'd love if the class could be recorded, so that those of us who are in the wrong timezone can learn about Wiki Editing too. :)