[Completed] Pirate Strongholds 02-19-24

For information about upcoming EVE University classes.
Forum rules
All class announcements should be posted in the following format: (CLASS) YYYY-MM-DD Name of the class. Once the class is finished please alter the title to say (COMPLETED). If you are interested in running a class, contact our Teaching Department.
Akshcorp

[Completed] Pirate Strongholds 02-19-24

Post by Akshcorp »

Hello and Welcome to the Stronghold [Formerly Forward Operating Base] Class! You may have heard the terms of FOB, Forward Operating Base, Pirate Strongholds or the dreaded "Diamond Rats" be spoken on mumble or spammed in EVE Uni's various chat channels and discord. You or someone you know may have lost their mining ship or even their pod due to the mere presence of a Stronghold in system.

Come and listen in as I go into an overview the who's and what's on Mumble comms and Discord teaching lounge with a(n) (overly) detailed power point presentation!

When: 0200 EVE Time
Where: Mumble and Discord (for the visuals)
Duration: expecting 2 hours, may run longer, also can't forget the Q&A afterwards

Topics at Hand:
FOB Identification
Proposed Doctrine Ship Fittings
Diamond Rat Identification
Steps and procedures on how to Combat the Stronghold

Student Requirements:
Mumble registration and access
Discord - classroom lounge access
Know the difference between "Warp to" and "Approach".
Know the difference between a Target and an Ally

This class will be Lecture only as I cannot guarantee that a Stronghold will be in the area after the main presentation.
James Copper

Re: [CLASS] Pirate Strongholds 02-19-24

Post by James Copper »

Listened in over my phone so will give a class response later when I get home from work, but wanted to thank you for the information, and hope your run went well! Clear skies. -- James Copper