(COMPLETED) 2024-1-31 Intro to Exploration (23:00)

For information about upcoming EVE University classes.
Forum rules
All class announcements should be posted in the following format: (CLASS) YYYY-MM-DD Name of the class. Once the class is finished please alter the title to say (COMPLETED). If you are interested in running a class, contact our Teaching Department.
Zhuge Li-ang

(COMPLETED) 2024-1-31 Intro to Exploration (23:00)

Post by Zhuge Li-ang »

Welcome to Introduction to Exploration!

Learn one my my favorite ways as an alpha to generate both isk and find out about the broader EVE universe. This aims to teach people about exploration, and if time and interest permits to introduce more intermediate and advanced aspects in exploring in more dangerous spaces (low sec, null sec, wormholes).

When: Wednesday 31st January, 23:00 EVE Time
Where: Discord Classrooms (Presentation) and Mumble (Voice)
Duration: 1 hour

This CORE Class Covers:
  • What and how to explore anomalies in Eve?
  • Scanning tips and tricks, as well as finding signatures
  • Hacking, and how to hack sites, along with tips.
  • Other general useful explorer information, along with basic nullsec/wormhole mechanics
  • Q&A
The class itself will go into more advanced topics if participants are comfortable, about exploring in nullsec and wormholes.

Student requirements:
  • Mumble registration and access - make sure you have Mumble sorted out and operational well before the class begins. Use this guide for set-up: EVE Uni Mumble
  • Access to the EVE Uni Discord Classrooms
  • While not required, being in Stacmon will help with the individual practicals that will occur at the end of/after the class.
Additional information: This class is primarily lecture, delivered in Discord (Presentation) and Mumble (Voice), followed by Q&A. Students are encouraged, but not required, for a practical through their own characters individually.

Please DM/PM "kagerou42" in Discord if you have any questions or requests about the class
Last edited by Zhuge Li-ang on 2024.02.02 06:38, edited 1 time in total.
Alex Maillar

Re: (CLASS) 2024-1-31 Intro to Exploration (23:00)

Post by Alex Maillar »

Is there going to be a recording of this class? I'd really love to attend, but it is just too late in the day.
Zhuge Li-ang

Re: (CLASS) 2024-1-31 Intro to Exploration (23:00)

Post by Zhuge Li-ang »

I’ll try and see if I can get a recording! I’m unsure where exactly to put it though, and I’ll try to run more of the same class in the coming week.