[Class] Friday 1-26, 23:30 Intro to FW + FIGHTS!!!

For information about upcoming EVE University classes.
Forum rules
All class announcements should be posted in the following format: (CLASS) YYYY-MM-DD Name of the class. Once the class is finished please alter the title to say (COMPLETED). If you are interested in running a class, contact our Teaching Department.
Azora Anzomi

[Class] Friday 1-26, 23:30 Intro to FW + FIGHTS!!!

Post by Azora Anzomi »

Introduction to Faction Warfare, (FW)

We will cover
What is FW
How to enlist,
How to prepare for FW
how to join and operate as a fleet together, to capture faction warfare plexes
How to make isk from the Loyalty Points you earn while in FW.

After class, we are going to do a practical fleet, operating as a group to fight over plexes near Haydeles. We will have fits on contract, suitable for 1v1, along with several Fleet doctrines so that we can respond to what we see out there. I am expecting to get into several brutal fights within just a few hours. In the event a Battlefield spawns, we will up-ship and make an attempt to fight over it. So yeah, Be ready, this is going to be 1 crazy experience.

While I expect things to be intense, and many of us are going to fly our T2 fit faction frigates to their full capabilities, we will have a number of new player oriented fits available. Join us and learn our dark ways my dear newbros.

To be ready to participate in the practical after class, you will need to join Galente Militia. This requires the following and may have the following consequences. Note that you can drop the Galente Militia at any time after the class.

You need to have a 0 or positive standings to Galente Militia
Not have switched militias within the past 24 hours.
Understand that you are at war with 1/2 of eve while in the Militia, and are effectively locked out of Caldari and Amarr space while in the militia. You will not go Mining, missioning, and hauling through high sec while in the militia. (again, you can drop militia after class if you want to)
Operating in lowsec has risks that you will lose your pod and clean clones are recommended. (unless you know exactly what you are doing)
You may experience diminishing standings with the opposing faction, which might over time lock you out of certain areas of High sec.
You may also experience a slight decline in Security Status, which might lock you out of High sec. (those who practice FW long term usually plan to live in lowsec full time)
You are going to Die... a lot. Mentally and materially prepare yourself for it.
If these things are a problem, you can overcome these problems by creating a second character (a free alpha pilot will do) who can plan to operate in FW space and never return to High sec. Most Faction Warfare players operate at least 2 characters, 1 to do FW, and 1 to haul and support their character. We will have fits appropriate for Day 1 pilots (recommended Galente or Caldari start) which are appropriate for FW activities. Focus skill training on training your faction frigate, its weapons, and support skills.

This class is intended to mark the beginning of the unofficial "lowsec campus" where we (pretty much just myself at the moment and a few helpful volunteers) will stock and supply a series of ships appropriate for Faction warfare to enable continuous and ongoing participation in Faction warfare activities, both as an income source for our pilots, and as a place for people to practice PVP fundamentals, including and especially developing new Fleet Commanders. FW is the place where FCs are born. Note that we are putting our own money and effort into buying and hauling ships here and as such most fits are going to be put up at Cost +10% (jump freightors cost fuel and all)
Durante Montenegro

Re: [Class] Friday 1-26, 23:30 Intro to FW + FIGHTS!!!

Post by Durante Montenegro »

Thank you for the class and for setting up all those contracts for us!
I'll work on my standings to hop on FW and join you.