[COMPLETED] Intro to Fleets [practical class roam]

For information about upcoming EVE University classes.
Forum rules
All class announcements should be posted in the following format: (CLASS) YYYY-MM-DD Name of the class. Once the class is finished please alter the title to say (COMPLETED). If you are interested in running a class, contact our Teaching Department.
Rathe Gardson

[COMPLETED] Intro to Fleets [practical class roam]

Post by Rathe Gardson »

Introduction to Fleets Roam [Class]
What:
This practical class is designed for newer players or those new to fleets. The roam will introduce you to participating in a fleet. We’ll practice on some PvE targets. I intend this to be relatively safe and easy for new pilots. Prior attendance of the E-Uni Introduction to Fleets class is highly recommended but not essential. You may attend this practical more than once, even if you attended the roam after an Introduction to Fleets class. This should also be a good start before beginning your own PvE fleets or the new Home Front Faction Warfare challenges.
Class size for this practical is kept small to facilitate a high teacher – student ratio and ensuring you get the most out of this class as possible. The goal is for you to learn fleet basics and be comfortable joining larger fleets. I will schedule more micro/small-fleet classes based on interest, so watch the calendar.
We will cover and practice fleet commands, using fleet windows, and fleet maneuver before going on a High Sec roam to take down one or more larger NPC pirate anomalies as time permits. I’ll give tips and tricks for more efficient PvE during the roam.
Loaner training frigates will be provided at Stacmon – The Quad at no cost to students. I suggest you show up 15 minutes early to receive your training ship on contract. You may show up in your own Tristan, but you don’t have to put your own ship at risk.
Upon arrival, join the fleet: Introduction to Fleets Roam, FC: Rathe Gardson. Read the Fleet message of the day (MOTD) at the top of the fleet chat window.

Date and Time: 14 November, 16:00 (EVE)/14 November, 11:00 (US EST)
Fleet Staging Location: Stacmon – The Quad
What do I need to bring? Yourself, ships will be provided.
Duration: 1 hour
Comms: Mumble. Accessing Mumble with E-Uni, https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Mumble .
Overview: Make sure you are using the E-Uni Overview BEFORE you show up, https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Installi ... y_Overview.
Join the Fleet: NEOCOM > Social > Fleet > Fleet Finder > right click FC (Rathe Gardson) and join fleet.

What skills do I need? Gallente Frigate, Drone skills, Small Railguns generally
Minimum Skill Set: New characters have most of these depending on your empire, but check to make sure. If you have these skills higher than the listed minimum, all the better.
Gallente Frigate I (up to III/IV is better)
Energy Grid Upgrade I
Power Grid Management II
CPU Management I
Hull Upgrade I
Mechanics III
Shield Upgrade I
(Armor) Repair Systems I
Afterburner I
Navigation I
Science I
Survey III
Salvaging I
Gunnery II
Small Hybrid Turret I
Weapons Upgrade I
Drones III (If you are Gallente or aim to be a drone pilot, train to V as soon as possible.)
Light Drone Operation I (Drone pilots should train to V)

Bonus Skills: These skills give you a decided advantage in drone combat and during our roam, but are not required for this class. Train them to maximum if you have time and/or desire to be a drone pilot.
Light Drone Operations
Drone Avionics
Drone Durability
Drone Interfacing
Drone Navigation
Drone Sharpshooting
Last edited by Rathe Gardson on 2023.11.14 21:28, edited 1 time in total.
Sebtha Hamabu

Re: [CLASS] Intro to Fleets [practical class roam]

Post by Sebtha Hamabu »

An excellent class, well worth for new players.