(Completed) 2023-06-04 2100 How to fly a Freighter/DST

For information about upcoming EVE University classes.
Forum rules
All class announcements should be posted in the following format: (CLASS) YYYY-MM-DD Name of the class. Once the class is finished please alter the title to say (COMPLETED). If you are interested in running a class, contact our Teaching Department.
Samsam James

(Completed) 2023-06-04 2100 How to fly a Freighter/DST

Post by Samsam James »

[CLASS] 2023-06-04 2100 How to fly a Freighter/DST

This was going to be titled 'How to not die in Freighter/DST' to mirror the JF class but realistically you can fly a freighter perfectly and die but there are lots of things you can do to help yourself. Same kind of goes for DSTs.

This class will have an educational element where we will cover Freighter and DST best practice and then a practical on Sisi

When: Sunday 4th June 21:00 EVE Time
Where: E-Uni Mumble, discord and on Sisi
Duration: 2 hours, including Q&A

Topics Covered:
  • When should I use what to move something?
  • Differences between racial Freighters?
  • What fits do I need for a Freighter?
  • How do I stay safe?
  • How do I web?
  • How do I travel safely in high sec?
  • For DSTs, what are the differences between the racial DSTs?
  • How do I fit my DSTs?
  • How do I stay safe?
  • How do I do the cloak+MWD trick?
  • Q&A
Student requirements:
  • Access to Eve Uni Public Mumble
  • Access to Sisi
  • A character capable of using any Freighter and/or DST, a separate one to scout/web
  • Access to Eve Uni Discord for slides
The class is 2 hours and we will start with the Freighter practical after the taught section. If people are interested in the DST practical only, it will aim to start 90mins into the class. This can vary a little bit.

Additional information: This class is highly dependent on the practical element and sisi access is required, please make sure ahead of time you are able to login to sisi. Any questions ahead of time feel free to ask :). Don't worry about where in SiSi you are, we will find somewhere quiet on the day and use the /moveme command to get people there.