[CLASS] Intro to FC: Threat Analysis - 4 Feb 2023 at 21:00 EVE

For information about upcoming EVE University classes.
Forum rules
All class announcements should be posted in the following format: (CLASS) YYYY-MM-DD Name of the class. Once the class is finished please alter the title to say (COMPLETED). If you are interested in running a class, contact our Teaching Department.
Ewige Blumenkraft

[CLASS] Intro to FC: Threat Analysis - 4 Feb 2023 at 21:00 EVE

Post by Ewige Blumenkraft »

INTRO TO FLEET COMMAND: Threat Analysis
You've been on a few fleets. You've thought about fleet command and what it would take to FC a fleet.

When you do FC, what do you think about that fleet that just landed upon you? Can we take them? What about the fleet your scout just found on D-Scan? Can we take them?
This class is to assist you on your way. It is a class on Fleet Command and Threat Analysis. Let's talk about what you need to be thinking about when thinking about opponents upon grid.

Join me on 4 Feb at 21:00 EVE and let's dive in to Threat Analysis for FCs.

--------------------------

FACILITATOR: Élan Vital
TIME: 21:00 EVE
COMMS: FOXTROT COMMS on Mumble
DURATION: 1 hour + ½ hour Q&A

--------------------------
Ewige Blumenkraft
EVE University alumnus, bon vivant, and Uni Fight Club afficianado
don't bring a needle to a haystack fight
Teran Feynoir

Re: [CLASS] Intro to FC: Threat Analysis - 4 Feb 2023 at 21:00 EVE

Post by Teran Feynoir »

Great ! I'll try to be there, the idea to give a try and FC a fleet is floating in my mind this day :)
Graduate
ImageImageImage
Ewige Blumenkraft

Post by Ewige Blumenkraft »

Teran Feynoir wrote: 2023.01.30 11:30 Great ! I'll try to be there, the idea to give a try and FC a fleet is floating in my mind this day :)
You should absolutely give it a go, Teran. Of course you should do it when you are ready, but I do need to tell you that in EVE, "ready" is much like "tomorrow" in that neither ever come. My first time FC'ing was with Professor Academiac. I took one of his fleets that he was running regularly and he 2IC'd/back-seated me, giving me advice when I asked for it. Would have I said that I was ready? No.

Take the plunge. The ships are SRP'd and your corp mates are happy for the content. I strongly recommend you consider asking to FC a scheduled fleet (like when someone has a Merlin fleet scheduled) or just go ahead and schedule a fleet yourself. Ping me or anyone on the FC Team and we will help you get sorted. Uni always has support for people who are trying to learn how to do things like fleet command. There can never be enough fleets and I have to tell you that experiencing a fleet as the FC is something you should try at least once. And I hope repeatedly after that.
Ewige Blumenkraft
EVE University alumnus, bon vivant, and Uni Fight Club afficianado
don't bring a needle to a haystack fight
Teran Feynoir

Post by Teran Feynoir »

Thanks for the advices.

I'll definitely try in the coming weeks. I applied for the FC Team and once I'll feel a bit more confident, after participating in a few more fleet, tried scouting, making some cheatsheet to calm my OCD, I'll schedule some Magic Merlin with the help of someone more experienced.
Graduate
ImageImageImage
Zaerick

Post by Zaerick »

I will try to be in this class 4pm est my time is right around when I get home from work.