[CLASS] Fitting/PYFA Seminar | Tuesday 9 August | 1830 EVE Time

For information about upcoming EVE University classes.
Forum rules
All class announcements should be posted in the following format: (CLASS) YYYY-MM-DD Name of the class. Once the class is finished please alter the title to say (COMPLETED). If you are interested in running a class, contact our Teaching Department.
Uryence
Teaching Manager
Teaching Manager

[CLASS] Fitting/PYFA Seminar | Tuesday 9 August | 1830 EVE Time

Post by Uryence »

Fitting is one of EVE's most enjoyably/maddeningly complex aspects, and PYFA is one of the community's most complex third-party tools. In this class, we'll livestream PYFA and talk through fitting goals and the process of coming up with some example fits, with open comms for Q&A and discussion.

Everyone, including very new players, is very welcome to come. This is not a 'CORE' Introduction to Fitting class, and if you're very new you might find a few bits move fast or cover more advanced concepts—but other bits will be useful. I list some optional (nota bene optional) preparatory reading at the bottom of this post

I am not a genius fitting guru, but I am available and willing to take the risk of trying this, so I hope it'll be useful. This is an experiment, which relies on streaming working for us, so please manage your expectations.

Instructor: Uryence
When: Tuesday 9 August 18:30 EVE Time
Where: Mumble (audio) and Discord (streaming); you will need to use both to get the full class. If Discord won't play ball, I'll try to use Twitch.
Duration: 2 hours scheduled

Student requirements:
  • Mumble registration and access: make sure you have Mumble sorted out and operational well before the class begins. Use this page for set-up.
  • Access to the EVE Uni Discord (slide presentation will occur in a Discord classroom, and Discord will be the main channel for text questions)
This class is a lecture followed by Q&A, delivered in Mumble, with the slides and streaming gameplay delivered on the EVE University Discord and questions taken in the relevant Discord channel. There is no practical component or need to undock. We recommend not doing anything risky or attention-intensive in-game while listening!

OPTIONAL preparation:

- slides from the CORE Introduction to Fitting class
- the wiki's page of rules of thumb at fitting ships
- 'Fitting a ship (working example)', which discusses how you might develop a doctrine fit; note that the ship bonuses involved have changed since this was written, so read it for thought process, not mechanics
- Stacking penalties
- Tanking
- Propulsion equipment
2022 fleet command cumulative delta: 33,014,075,514.00 ISK
Uryence
Teaching Manager
Teaching Manager

Re: [CLASS] Fitting/PYFA Seminar | Tuesday 9 August | 1830 EVE Time

Post by Uryence »

Bump: this is today. (See also Yuri's class on drones at 2300 EVE Time!)
2022 fleet command cumulative delta: 33,014,075,514.00 ISK