[COMPLETED] Routes into PvP / PvP Q&A | Tuesday 26 July | 18:00 EVE Time

For information about upcoming EVE University classes.
Forum rules
All class announcements should be posted in the following format: (CLASS) YYYY-MM-DD Name of the class. Once the class is finished please alter the title to say (COMPLETED). If you are interested in running a class, contact our Teaching Department.
Uryence
Teaching Manager
Teaching Manager

[COMPLETED] Routes into PvP / PvP Q&A | Tuesday 26 July | 18:00 EVE Time

Post by Uryence »

This session will lay out, briefly, some ways to get into PvP in EVE. Topics include:
  • Why PvP?
  • Uni fleets, scheduled, impromptu, strat ops, Fight Club
  • Public NPSI communities, e.g. Spectre Fleet, Bombers Bar, Even Better With Friends
  • Going solo
  • Post-graduation PvP destinations and contexts
  • Q&A
I am not a brilliant PvP pilot, but I will happily try to field general PvP queries in the Q&A, on the basis that I think someone should do this. If we're lucky, some other pilots with PvP experience to contribute will be able to attend and chip in too.

Instructor: Uryence
When: Tuesday 26 July, 18:00 EVE Time
Where: Mumble (audio) and Discord (slides, gameplay streaming); you will need to use both to get the full class
Duration: 2 hours scheduled; probably less than this, depending on the Q&A—you won't have to listen to me drone on for 120 minutes!

Student requirements:
  • Mumble registration and access: make sure you have Mumble sorted out and operational well before the class begins. Use this page for set-up.
  • Access to the EVE Uni Discord (slide presentation will occur in a Discord classroom, and Discord will be the main channel for text questions)
Additional information:
This class is a lecture followed by Q&A, delivered in Mumble, with the slides and streaming gameplay delivered on the EVE University Discord and questions taken in the relevant Discord channel. There is no practical component or need to undock. We recommend not doing anything risky or attention-intensive in-game while listening!
2022 fleet command cumulative delta: 33,014,075,514.00 ISK