[CLASS] Intro to Teaching 27 Jul 2022 @ 1800 EVE

For information about upcoming EVE University classes.
Forum rules
All class announcements should be posted in the following format: (CLASS) YYYY-MM-DD Name of the class. Once the class is finished please alter the title to say (COMPLETED). If you are interested in running a class, contact our Teaching Department.
Spanky Ikkala
Teaching Manager
Teaching Manager

[CLASS] Intro to Teaching 27 Jul 2022 @ 1800 EVE

Post by Spanky Ikkala »

When: Wednesday 27 Jul at 1800 EVE
Where: Mumble and Discord
Duration: 1 hour

Topics Covered:
What is Teaching Hint
Who can teach? Hint
Why should you teach? Hint
What resources are available to help you teach? Hint
Who can you speak to about starting to teach? Hint
Q&A - Most of the class should be an "Ask Me Anything" format, where you can ask me (and others in chat) anything you want to know about teaching!

Student requirements:
EVE Uni Mumble
EVE Uni Discord
Teaching Manager
Uni Hauler

Ex Senior Personnel Officer
Ex Mentor
Ex Special Projects Officer (Unibombers)
Ex Student Guidance
Lanky Yewsun

Re: [CLASS] Intro to Teaching 27 Jul 2022 @ 1800 EVE

Post by Lanky Yewsun »

I will be attending this class for sure.

Topic Question: Singularity

Before buying my current Omega time and Joining Eve Uni I played some on SiSi. The last mirror was on 31 May 2002 and I have a Sov System claimed and an Alliance set up. I have several upwell structures setup and rigged for all types on Industry. And most importantly, I accessed the TQ Sov holders horde of materials and got Trillion's on minerals, PI and Reaction items. Plus thousand's of BPOs and BPCs

I would like to conduct a class on
1. How to find and log into the test server
2. How and Where to buy Plex, and Omega time
3. Server rules and / commands
4. How to move skill points around
5. Why this is such a good tool for learning how to DO "XXX" without the worries of cost.
6. Anyone interested about manufacturing and stick around after the class and I can show them the setup and invite them to a Corp so they can use and build with the items I have found.

Would I be allowed to give such a class?
Sincerely, Lanky Yewsun
Uryence
Teaching Manager
Teaching Manager

Re: [CLASS] Intro to Teaching 27 Jul 2022 @ 1800 EVE

Post by Uryence »

Lanky Yewsun wrote: 2022.07.26 22:39 I will be attending this class for sure.

Topic Question: Singularity

Before buying my current Omega time and Joining Eve Uni I played some on SiSi. The last mirror was on 31 May 2002 and I have a Sov System claimed and an Alliance set up. I have several upwell structures setup and rigged for all types on Industry. And most importantly, I accessed the TQ Sov holders horde of materials and got Trillion's on minerals, PI and Reaction items. Plus thousand's of BPOs and BPCs

I would like to conduct a class on
1. How to find and log into the test server
2. How and Where to buy Plex, and Omega time
3. Server rules and / commands
4. How to move skill points around
5. Why this is such a good tool for learning how to DO "XXX" without the worries of cost.
6. Anyone interested about manufacturing and stick around after the class and I can show them the setup and invite them to a Corp so they can use and build with the items I have found.

Would I be allowed to give such a class?
Sincerely, Lanky Yewsun
Hi Lanky! Sorry for the slow response to this (detailed posts in this forum don't get checked so very often...). In outline, this sounds like a very helpful class. Some of the Uni's more bloody-minded PvPers have been using the test server for practice, but I don't think its helpfulness as a place to mess around with manufacturing, structures, and sovereignty is as widely recognised.

You'd want to make sure that the info useful for everyone, even quite new players, came first, but the outline you propose looks like it does this. Do you reckon you'd run this by streaming gameplay, or would you like to put together some slides, or would you want a hybrid of the two? Quote-reply me here or DM me on Discord—I'd be glad to see this happen.
2022 fleet command cumulative delta: 33,014,075,514.00 ISK