CSM Candidate Town Hall - June 11, 2022 - 1700 EVE Time

For information about upcoming EVE University classes.
Forum rules
All class announcements should be posted in the following format: (CLASS) YYYY-MM-DD Name of the class. Once the class is finished please alter the title to say (COMPLETED). If you are interested in running a class, contact our Teaching Department.
Anidien Dallacort
Director of Education
Director of Education

CSM Candidate Town Hall - June 11, 2022 - 1700 EVE Time

Post by Anidien Dallacort »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What: CSM Candidate Town Hall
Date: Saturday, June 11, 2022
Time: 1700 EVE Time

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Council of Stellar Management (CSM) is a vital arm of the EVE Community - a board of elected players - just like you and I - who WE choose to represent us to CCP. The elected CSM members attend summits with EVE developers, and have insight into upcoming features - all in the ultimate goal of driving a player-based opinion into how the future of this game plays out.

Currently, 45 dedicated individuals are running a campaign to fill the 10 seats on the council - and it is YOUR votes that make those selections.

That voting period is opening up NOW (Downtime June 8th), and runs through Downtime on June 14th. Any account that has been Omega for the last sixty days, is eligible to vote - SO VOTE! While EVE University does not endorse any specific candidate, we do strongly encourage all members to vote for the candidates of their choice.

In order to facilitate newer members learning about the CSM, give members a chance to hear from some of the candidates before making their choice, and to give those candidates another venue in which to make their argument for your vote: the EVE University Teaching Department will be hosting a Town Hall meeting, this Saturday at 1700 EVE Time. All CSM candidates have been invited to attend.

You can read about the candidates - along with accessing links to each of their campaign posts on the EVE forums - here: https://www.eveonline.com/news/view/csm ... candidates

This event is open to the public - you do NOT have to be a member of EVE University to attend! See https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Mumble for details on how to set yourself up on EVE University's Mumble server, through our new Alliance Auth service! This service was launched in the last month - so if you have not been on Uni mumble since early May 2022 - please read the linked article carefully, as our old Mumble server is no longer in use.

Alliance Auth will ask for ESI scopes - you need only provide the public scopes asked for when first signing in. After that, you can link to the Uni Mumble and Discord servers through the "Services" tab.

I hope to see a lot of you there as we learn to exercise our EVE democratic powers!!
Anidien Dallacort - Director of Education
Skirmish FC, Graduate

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Anidien Dallacort
Director of Education
Director of Education

Re: CSM Candidate Town Hall - June 11, 2022 - 1700 EVE Time

Post by Anidien Dallacort »

At this time, I have received correspondence from thirteen CSM candidates showing interest in attending this Saturday. It is looking to be a fantastic event! (note: I'll avoid posting a list for now, to not create hard feelings if any one of those 13 are unable to attend on Saturday. Real life first for all things EVE!!).

A few notes on the event:

- With the number of candidates planning to attend, I've settled on a two section format: first, each candidate will have three minutes of solo floor time to talk about themselves and their platform. Then, we will open the floor for a Q&A from the audience - where you can ask any candidate or the field of candidates in general, questions!

- If you have any questions you'd like to send me ahead of time, please reach out in Discord.

- LET'S BE SURE TO BE RESPECTFUL DURING THE EVENT: There will be candidates there from all walks of EVE life. You may not agree with them, their Coalition, or their own candidacy platform even, etc. Let's please leave any comments about those things at the door. Bring tough questions about the future state of the game and their plans to address that with CCP, but no attacks against the candidates. These are dedicated EVE players volunteering to take a position to represent each of us to CCP, and even more than that, giving up their personal time on Saturday to talk to us all about this important part of our shared game.

I hope to see you all there - let's make this an event to remember!
Anidien Dallacort - Director of Education
Skirmish FC, Graduate

ImageImageImageImageImageImage