[COMPLETED] 2022-04-29 Belt-Ratting at NSC

For information about upcoming EVE University classes.
Forum rules
All class announcements should be posted in the following format: (CLASS) YYYY-MM-DD Name of the class. Once the class is finished please alter the title to say (COMPLETED). If you are interested in running a class, contact our Teaching Department.
Louis Ricard

[COMPLETED] 2022-04-29 Belt-Ratting at NSC

Post by Louis Ricard »

This lecture is mostly inspired by the lecture Hippla held last month... and my personal point of view as a highsec pve player ;-)

Belt-Ratting in NullSec is unlike HighSec indeed a viable ISK maker for newer players. This class will show you how to get going and what to take care of to have a "safe" (it's EVE after all) and pleasant experience.

When? Friday, 29th of April 2022, 20:00 EVE time
Where? Public Mumble + Discord for slides
How long? 1 hour + Q&A

Topics Covered:
  • Belt-Ratting? What is that and why should I do it? How do I do it?
  • Know your enemy: general fitting tipps and special spawns
  • Efficienty improvements, good systems
  • NullSec as a HighSec Player... Why, how and what did I learn?
  • Q&A
Your requirements to participate:
Public Mumble access - This class is available to all students via EVE University's public Mumble
Access to EVE Uni Discord - Slides will be presented there
Additional information: The class is primarily lecture followed by a Q&A
Last edited by Louis Ricard on 2022.05.02 14:41, edited 2 times in total.
Louis Ricard
Graduate, Mentor, Teacher, CCI Medalist
zKillboard / Wiki
Louis Ricard

Re: [CLASS] Belt-Ratting at NSC - 29 April 2022 @ 20:00

Post by Louis Ricard »

The day after will be the exact same presentation... just in a different timezone (30 April 2022 @ 09:00): https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 2&t=123737
Louis Ricard
Graduate, Mentor, Teacher, CCI Medalist
zKillboard / Wiki
Weapon XLII

Post by Weapon XLII »

I am having issues getting mumble to log in to the server will that option only be available closer to the start of the class?
Arkady Marten
Production Manager
Production Manager

Post by Arkady Marten »

Weapon XLII wrote: 2022.04.29 14:00 I am having issues getting mumble to log in to the server will that option only be available closer to the start of the class?
No, the public Mumble server should always be accessible. I successfully connected to it just now to confirm that it is indeed up.

Check your settings against the wiki page at https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Mumble

If you do successfully connect outside of a scheduled class, you'll often find the public server empty, with just a number of channels showing. That is fine. During classes, it will be obvious which classroom channel people are in.
Image Image