[Guest-Lecture] CSM Politics with Mike Azariah 22-05-2021 at 20:00

For information about upcoming EVE University classes.
Forum rules
All class announcements should be posted in the following format: (CLASS) YYYY-MM-DD Name of the class. Once the class is finished please alter the title to say (COMPLETED). If you are interested in running a class, contact our Teaching Department.
Marek Holmberg

[Guest-Lecture] CSM Politics with Mike Azariah 22-05-2021 at 20:00

Post by Marek Holmberg »

"CSM Politics" a guest-lecture with Mike Asariah

What is the Council of Stellar Management (CSM)?

"I am Mike Azariah, I have served for four different terms on the CSM (8,9, 10, and 15), have helped work on the White Paper that defined the CSM and was on the council that removed officer status from the council itself. I am part of the institutional memory of what the CSM has been and what it might be, in the future.

If you care about player input into how the game develops you might want to listen in."

When: Saturday 22th of May, 20:00 EVE Time
Where: Public Mumble and Discord
Duration: 1 hour

Topics Covered:
  • A short History of the CSM
  • Evolution
  • Current model
  • Mid talk questions
  • Election process
  • Choosing how to vote and for whom
  • End talk questions
Student requirements:
  • Public Mumble registration and access - make sure you have Mumble sorted out and operational well before the class begins. Use this guide for set-up: http://eveuni.org/publicmumble
  • Access to the Eve Uni Discord Use this guide for set-up: https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Discord

Additional information: This class is a lecture, delivered in public Mumble and the Discord #class-presentations channel, followed by Q&A. There is no practical component.
Mike Azariah:To give you an example of who Mike is and what he does:
Last edited by Marek Holmberg on 2021.05.11 21:19, edited 1 time in total.
HSC Officer
Teaching Officer
Image Image
Image Image Image
Arin Mara

Re: [Guest-Lecture] CSM Politics with Mike Azariah 22-05-2021 at 20:00

Post by Arin Mara »

Historically, the CSM was governed by a White Paper. While no longer in use, you can find it here.
A quote from the CSM website. Is this the Whitepaper you are referring to? Why is it no longer in use?

Where, if anywhere, is the institutional memory you talk about best captured in writing? :)

I've read a lot about the CSM including the minutes. Bizzarly, there are none for the 15th and current Council. Could you be more specific about what you are going to talk about?
Marek Holmberg

Post by Marek Holmberg »

@Arin
After consulting Mike, i added some of the topics he plans to cover in the post above.

For any additional questions you will have to attend the lecture and ask him yourself.. :D
HSC Officer
Teaching Officer
Image Image
Image Image Image
Mike Azariah

Post by Mike Azariah »

@Arin To a certain extent WE are the institutional memory for things like the CSM. I have even said as much to the Devs that long term players seem to remember more than some of CCP because we were there. The White paper has gone through a few iterations but it seems that sometime after CSM10 it was laid aside.

In answer to the second question? Minutes usually come out of the summits so, since we did not have a summit this year AT ALL, there have been no minutes to release.

If you have any other questions feel free to drop me a line in game as I very very seldom come to the eve uni forums unless invited.

m