[CLASS] 2021-04-27@19:00 TFF - Combat D-Scanning and Probing

For information about upcoming EVE University classes.
Forum rules
All class announcements should be posted in the following format: (CLASS) YYYY-MM-DD Name of the class. Once the class is finished please alter the title to say (COMPLETED). If you are interested in running a class, contact our Teaching Department.
Raas Caslo

[CLASS] 2021-04-27@19:00 TFF - Combat D-Scanning and Probing

Post by Raas Caslo »

Hi Gunners! o/

On April 27, at 19:00, The Forgotten Fleet will host a special practical class at NSC/PC9-AY on Combat D-Scanning and Probing to hunt ships at Safe Spots or at Missions Sites.

You can use any ship that you can fit with an Expanded Probe Launcher and Combat Probes. No need of high-end ships, modules and charges.

The class will use Discord for the video feed and Mumble for audio.

See you at NSC!!

Raas
-Live to Fly, Fly to Kill-
Image Image Image

The Forgotten Fleet
"Live to Fly, Fly to Kill"
Kimeemaru

Re: [CLASS] 2021-04-27@19:00 TFF - Combat D-Scanning and Probing

Post by Kimeemaru »

The class just ended and since there's no feedback form, we were asked to drop it here.

I can say without a doubt that I enjoyed this class. The 4 practical exercises really made all presented material hit home. I dare to call myself an experienced explorer, scanning signatures down is no issue for me. Combat scanning is no different in its core but the thought behind it is much different. The material in this course contains a lot of tips to make sure you will minimize the amount of time your victim will be aware of your actions and make sure you will get a successful drop. Understanding how a good hunter will drop it onto you is great to know as well. 10/10

The small point of feedback that I have is that "ping", "scan" and "probe" were all used interchangeably for analyzing with your combat probes. I had some confusion here. Especially with "scan" also being used for d-scan.
Aleksandar Obrenovic

Post by Aleksandar Obrenovic »

Really good practical guide. I learned how to quickly dscan, analyze and warp to a target but also how to avoid being combat probed. Now I just need to practise by myself on how to decrese those ranges from 60-30 and eventually 15 degrees quickly.
Promitheas Pyroforos

Post by Promitheas Pyroforos »

This is not only a lecture about what to do and what to avoid as a pray and as a hunter but a very analytic workshop about the techniques to pinpoint items using the d-scan and the combat probes.
Of course after the workshop a lot of practice is needed to master the technique but the 4 excellent examples with escalated difficulty are a good base to start from.

Thank you very much Raas.
Raas Caslo

Post by Raas Caslo »

Thank you all for participating and feedback.

I took note on those things where I need to improve and finetune where is already good.

See you in the next class. o7
Image Image Image

The Forgotten Fleet
"Live to Fly, Fly to Kill"