[COMPLETE] 2021-03-05 20:00 Bombing Practice

For information about upcoming EVE University classes.
Forum rules
All class announcements should be posted in the following format: (CLASS) YYYY-MM-DD Name of the class. Once the class is finished please alter the title to say (COMPLETED). If you are interested in running a class, contact our Teaching Department.
Tomcat Evergreen

[COMPLETE] 2021-03-05 20:00 Bombing Practice

Post by Tomcat Evergreen »

We will practice using Stealth Bombers with Bombs. Commands and manouvers and maybe even some blops bridge taking. We may talk about strategies on how or when to use bombers.

NOTE: This does not have a theory part, we will fly through space.

When: Friday 2021-03-05 20:00 EVE time
Where: E-UNI private mumble (NSC Education)
Duration: 30 to 60 minutes (first time, no idea how long we will be busy)

Topics Covered:
  • Bombs
Student requirements:
  • Be able to fly a Stealth Bomber (Hound, Nemesis, Manticore or Purifier)
  • Be able to use a Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
  • Be able to use a Bomb Launcher I
  • Access to EVE Uni Private Mumble. Use this guide for set-up: Setting up Private Mumble
There is no specific fit required for this practice session.
Bring your own ship, as I only may have a limited number of ships ready to sell or loan.
But I have some Bomb Launchers for those who only have a Blops bombers without the launcher.
Bomb Launchers may be on the market in PC9 as well.
Last edited by Tomcat Evergreen on 2021.03.06 09:16, edited 1 time in total.
Tomcat Evergreen

Re: [COMPLETE] 2021-03-05 20:00 Bombing Practice

Post by Tomcat Evergreen »

Seven people joined me for this practice session.
We went briefly through some theory before we undocked and started going through the motions of a bomb run on a stationary target (mobile depot). First without cloak and step by step, so everyone could see and understand what was happening, then the same cloaked.
Following this we did a bomb run under harder conditions, moving target and having to pick a random warpout point (no bookmark provided).
After two attempts there and the target still alive we switched bomb type and changed the scenario to chasing a target into a bubble trap and bomb it there where we finally killed it.
Just as we ended the session, we got word of a nearby wormhole with a gas huffing venture in it and used what we just had practiced:
https://br.evetools.org/related/31001169/202103052100

Thanks everyone for coming. :D

P.S.: Now would be a good time to seed the market in PC9 with bombs . :wink:
Vorian Alversson

Re: [COMPLETE] 2021-03-05 20:00 Bombing Practice

Post by Vorian Alversson »

Unfortunately some work stuff came up, or I would have been the eighth attendant.

But I do have a Hound in PC9 now, so… next time.

Ammo was indeed a bit hard to find locally on such short notice. My AMC-based alt is starting on torpedo production; looking to move into bombs asap. Would be happy to help out a bit with that, if there’s a repeat of this class in the future.
“If this goes badly and I make a crater, I want it named after me!” -- Iain M. Banks, Against A Dark Background