[COMPLETED][CORE] 2020-05-08 Introduction to Fleets

Forum rules
All class announcements should be posted in the following format: (CLASS) YYYY-MM-DD Name of the class. Once the class is finished please alter the title to say (COMPLETED). If you are interested in running a class, contact our Teaching Department.
<<

Briar Thrain

Portrait

Post 2020.05.04 05:04

[COMPLETED][CORE] 2020-05-08 Introduction to Fleets

[CORE] Introduction to Fleets

Fleets! Where the rubber meets the road and stuff gets done!

Introduction to joining together with other pilots via game fleet mechanics for various purposes. Commonly used for - Coordination of PVP opereations, group mining organization and efficiency boosting, combat PVE pooling, and many other reasons! Group play is a large part of making Eve the game it is - learn how to join in on the fun and benefits!

When: Friday 8th May, 02:00 EVE Time (note that USTZ this is Thursday - 7pm PST )
Speaker: Briar Thrain
Where: Mumble and Class (EVE Uni)
Duration: appx 1 hour

Topics Covered:
  • Joining fleets and feature mechanics
  • Activities which benefit from fleet use
  • Communications and Etiquette
  • Pre-fleet preparation
  • Q&A

Student requirements:
  • Public Mumble registration and access - make sure you have Mumble sorted out and operational well before the class begins. Use this guide for set-up: http://eveuni.org/publicmumble
  • Access to the Class (EVE Uni) in-game chat channel
About the Speaker:
Briar Thrain has been a corp CEO, leadership member of several alliances, and fleet FC from small frigate gangs to capital slugouts, as well as a veteran of combat pve and exploration activities.

Additional information: This class is primarily lecture, delivered in public Mumble and the Class (EVE Uni) channel, followed by Q&A. There is no practical component.
Last edited by Briar Thrain on 2020.05.08 03:41, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Robert Benden

Portrait

Post 2020.05.05 12:36

Re: [CORE] 2020-05-08 Introduction to Fleets

Any chance of this being recorded? The time prevents me from joining as I hope to be deeply asleep :)
<<

Briar Thrain

Portrait

Post 2020.05.05 21:15

Yeah - was planning on using a stream to show some features and can run it the whole while and record. Will be my first guest lecture with the Uni. I've given lots to other groups however and between myself and attendees usually have even grizzled vets learn something new. 'Wait you can do WHAT?' lol
<<

Aoi Todako

Portrait

Post 2020.05.08 01:37

No mic here yet, but can listen on Mumble. Would it be ok to follow along?
<<

Briar Thrain

Portrait

Post 2020.05.08 03:40

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/614454615

:D My first stream using the Twitch service - worked! My audio is a bit low, sorry about that.

Towards the end we break out a live client to see a few fleet window related things. Note that this discussion is more about the mechanics and social aspects of a fleet rather than specific things such as how logistics or ewar works, etc.
<<

Robert Benden

Portrait

Post 2020.05.08 18:37

Re: [COMPLETED][CORE] 2020-05-08 Introduction to Fleets

Nice to be able to see this after the fact. I enjoyed the class, it will certainly be useful. Thanks! o7
<<

Sikayn Frakku

Portrait

Post 2020.05.10 20:17

appreciate the twitch recording, wasn't able to join live but recording was very good!! thanks
<<

Coronzon Crowe

Portrait

Post 2020.05.11 04:41

Thanks for the refresher! I like that you used a twitch stream.

Return to Scheduled Classes