[CLASS] 2020-05-09 Trading 201

Forum rules
All class announcements should be posted in the following format: (CLASS) YYYY-MM-DD Name of the class. Once the class is finished please alter the title to say (COMPLETED). If you are interested in running a class, contact our Teaching Department.
<<

Sera Black

Portrait

Post 2020.05.01 23:02

[CLASS] 2020-05-09 Trading 201

Note: The class has been rescheduled from Friday to Saturday. The following post has been updated to show the new class time at 14:00 EVE time on Saturday May 9th.
=====
Sera Black reporting for duty o7

So, I noticed that there hasn't been a Trading class for a while, and there have been many changes to trading recently. I approached YooJin Moon with the idea and have been working on it for a while -- a Trading 201 lecture. I fondly recall Turhan Bey's Trading 101 course from many years ago, which is what got me started (IIRC), and with all this COVID-19 time on my hands I was able to polish up something that may be of use. As such, here's a couple of classes to keep this series going!

This is a class which is a direct successor to Trading 101. As such you will be expected to be very familiar with the material in Trading 101. There will be some time to ask questions, so don't worry, it should be easy to quickly cover basic concepts if someone is a little rusty.

To try and compress the event into a one hour block, I'll be setting things up a bit differently. Details below:

When: May 8th @ 1400 to 1600 EVE time. Class will be 60 to 90 minutes (there will be a 30 min Q&A time) but the class will go longer if, at the end, people have a lot of questions (I don't mind).
Where: Eve University Public Mumble
Duration: 1 hour

Topics Covered:
  • Recent Market Changes
  • Important Terms and Concepts
  • Trading Strategies: Trade-What-You-Know, Swing Trading, Market Making and Regional Accumulation strategies
  • Market Making in detail
  • Market PvP: How to deal with other traders moving in on your turf
  • Emergency Exit Strategies
  • How to use trading together with a secondary profession
  • Question and Answer Period

Student requirements:
  • Public Mumble registration and access - make sure you have Mumble sorted out and operational before the class begins. Use this guide for set-up: http://eveuni.org/publicmumble
  • Be logged in with me in EVE[/url]
  • Access to the Trading201 channel in-game
  • Access to a web browser, because there will be a section on spreadsheets using Google Sheets.
  • Important: If you wish to participate in the examples you must be in Hek or follow along by yourself with a market website like Eve Marketeer. I strongly suggest you try to be in Hek if you can, because I am unfamiliar with the Eve Marketeer website.

We will be in a station (Hek) for the duration of the class so we will not need to worry about PvP or other interruptions. If you cannot make it to Metropolis/Hek, please dock up for the class.

A link to the presentation will be given in the Trading201 channel when the class begins. The password for the channel will be "serablack".

Hope this class will be helpful![/quote]
Last edited by Sera Black on 2020.05.08 15:22, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Edswifa Rova

Portrait

Post 2020.05.03 10:23

Re: [CLASS] 2020-05-08 Trading 201

Is there any chance you can record the class as I may not be able to attend and I would love to attend this class?

AMC Hauling Officer, AMC Buyback Officer

ImageImageImage
<<

Robert Benden

Portrait

Post 2020.05.05 12:31

I am unfamiliar with the Trading 101 class, and I can't seem to find anything related to it (yet) :(

I've searched the forum and the calendar from January onwards. I'd love to join the lecture, is there some place I can go read up to avoid confusion and lots of questions to explain material covered elsewhere?
<<

Anidien Dallacort

Portrait

Post 2020.05.05 15:08

Robert Benden wrote:I am unfamiliar with the Trading 101 class, and I can't seem to find anything related to it (yet) :(

I've searched the forum and the calendar from January onwards. I'd love to join the lecture, is there some place I can go read up to avoid confusion and lots of questions to explain material covered elsewhere?

Trade CORE class slide deck: https://slides.eveuniversity.org/?slidesID=357

A recording of an older version of Trade 101: https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/EVE_Univ ... ry#Trading (recording is from 2009 according to the class library - many things will likely be relevant, but be aware of the age of the recording).
Anidien Dallacort - Teacher, Sophomore

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
<<

Sera Black

Portrait

Post 2020.05.08 06:14

Robert Benden wrote:I am unfamiliar with the Trading 101 class, and I can't seem to find anything related to it (yet) :(

Hi! As mentioned there are some recorded lectures you can check out, I recommend Irdath Delrar's course and Eldiara's course:

Eldiora: Trade 101
http://ds180.net/eve-uni/Eldiora%20-%20 ... %20101.mp3

Irdath Delrar’s Impromptu Trading Class 0300
https://soundcloud.com/alexkal1/irdalth ... s-impromtu

Other: Dr Deus, Sun Win, other E-Uni Wiki pages, YouTube

In general though there will be time to ask questions during the lecture; as long as you are familiar with buying and selling in general, you should be okay.

In general, if the idea of Trading 101 is how to use the UI effectively, Trading 201 will be about the actual psychology of trade and will give you the trading systems and ways to think about the market that will help you make ISK. Because, trading is a profession -- like mining, mission running, exploration, manufacturing and so forth -- it's a kind of industry, and you can and should be able to make "Real ISK" doing it. One example I would give is, Trading 101 tells you what the Price History window is; where it is, how to read it, etc -- but Trading 201 tells you how to use it to identify whether or not a market is worth your time, how to use it to set "proper" order sizes and times, when to use regional orders and when not to, different trading systems, and so forth. So if you don't know what the Quickbar is -- I suggest reviewing a Trade 101 lecture. Otherwise, if you feel ready to know the secrets of the titanium market manipulators, this course is for you :)

Hope to see you there.
<<

Robert Benden

Portrait

Post 2020.05.08 09:23

Reading up now :)
<<

Nienke Solette

Portrait

Post 2020.05.08 14:12

Probably because of RL intervention, this class has been postponed until further notice. ^^
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
___________________________________________________________________________________
Senior Personnel Officer | Former Events Manager | CCI Medalist | LSC Officer | Senior FC
<<

Robert Benden

Portrait

Post 2020.05.08 14:14

Sorry to hear RL got in the way, hope all goes well for you Sera! More time for me to read up some more and listen to some of those lectures, so it's not a big deal, really. I hope we get to listen to you soon though :D
<<

Sera Black

Portrait

Post 2020.05.08 15:20

Hello! Due to a minor medical issue the class had to be postponed by 24 hours.

The class will take place at 14:00 EVE time the following day (Saturday).

Hopefully this will end up being a positive and allow more people to attend. I'm sorry for the inconvenience!
<<

Sera Black

Portrait

Post 2020.05.09 13:38

Re: [CLASS] 2020-05-09 Trading 201

Hi, I'm collecting some links here which will be relevant to the class.

Forum post:
https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 2&t=116620

In-Game Chat
Channel: Trade201
Password: serablack

Trading 201 Presentation
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ewBYJv ... heZhm/view

Trading 201 Example Spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Some links will be posted in the Trade201 channel during the lecture; these are "optional" links you can use to do research and it will be up to you to bookmark them on your own.
<<

Sikayn Frakku

Portrait

Post 2020.05.09 15:54

Great glass thank you Sera.
<<

Viscatus

Portrait

Post 2020.05.09 16:27

Thank you for the class and answering the impromptu questions from chat. Sorry about not seeing the links posted here I had been idle in mumble and didn't notice the forum post update.

All the examples from google docs and the slides were clear and easy to understand.
<<

London 1941

Portrait

Post 2020.05.09 18:20

Awesome class and nicely done. I really appreciate the level of information and the outing of trading strategies!

Very nice.
ImageImage

Campus Officer LSC - Janitor
Orientation Officer - Ask Me Anything!

Fun per isk, not isk per hour.
<<

Edswifa Rova

Portrait

Post 2020.05.10 09:23

Great class, thanks Sera.
I look forward to the recording as I missed the first half hour.

AMC Hauling Officer, AMC Buyback Officer

ImageImageImage
<<

William Fate

Portrait

Post 2020.05.10 18:07

Great class Sera, hope you feel better now. I learnt a bunch of things

Return to Scheduled Classes