[CORE] [REPEATING] Introduction to D-Scan Please check the Calendar.

For information about upcoming EVE University classes.
Forum rules
All class announcements should be posted in the following format: (CLASS) YYYY-MM-DD Name of the class. Once the class is finished please alter the title to say (COMPLETED). If you are interested in running a class, contact our Teaching Department.
lobevaser

[CORE] [REPEATING] Introduction to D-Scan Please check the Calendar.

Post by lobevaser »

[CORE] Introduction to D-Scan [REPEATING EVERY TWO WEEKS] Check Ingame Calendar.
Intro to D-Scanning ,
The directional scanner can be used either defensively with full range and angle (allowing the user to see all ships or probes that may pose threat), or offensively to gather intel on things that are off grid. This includes getting enemy fleet composition or approximate location of objects.

When: Every Two Weeks 19:00 Eve time , Please check the Calendar for Updated times
Where: Amygnon VI - Moon 1 Garoun Investment Bank Vault
Duration: 2-3 hour ( or more if Needed )

Topics Covered: D-Scan
The directional scanner does not scan the space automatically, instead it must be operated manually. Every time the scan button or hotkey is pressed the list in the directional scanner window updates to show all visible objects within the scan cone. The scan will also refresh after changing range, angle or filter in directional scanner. It also refreshes after jumping into another system. After a scan it takes two seconds for the scanner to reset, after which you can initiate another scan.

Q&A

Student requirements:
Mumble: If you are not a member of E-Uni, you can get get on our voice comms and gain access here. https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Mumble
Discord: Informational slides and Q&A will happen in the public classroom channel on E-Uni's Discord. https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Attendin ... ic_Discord
Ship Types - Any small ship will do . ( If you can fly a recon ship that can cloak bring that )

Additional information: This class is a Hands On delivered in Mumble , Discord for the slides .
Last edited by lobevaser on 2022.11.01 17:19, edited 9 times in total.
Lobevaser - Teacher
Graduate
lobevaser

Re: [CORE][REPEATING] Introduction to D-Scan

Post by lobevaser »

bump
Lobevaser - Teacher
Graduate
Johnny Raygunn

Post by Johnny Raygunn »

Good class. Took a while to get the hang of it. I now know the basics....maybe, but know FAR more than before the class. I plan on taking this class again as I am sure I missed some of the finer points. Lobe definitely knows his stuff.
Yun Renn

Post by Yun Renn »

The class was good and I learned valuable information and good practices, however the pace of the class was a bit slow and a bit unfocused, but other than that the presender was dedicated and patient with the atendees and I believe the class was successful.
Thank you for the class! :)
Olakin Rethman

Post by Olakin Rethman »

Thoroughly enjoyed the class, I was a bit overloaded but its a process, and will definately attend again. I picked up enough to be able to practice, thanks very much, lobe!
Raylan Shihan

Post by Raylan Shihan »

Was only able to attend the 2nd half of this class and it's great! Lobevaser does a great job as instructor! He is extremely knowledgeable and patient with his students. I will certainly be attending it again for the entire class!
Sophia Ligeti

Post by Sophia Ligeti »

This was super educational even though I'm already acquainted with dscan mechanics and the lecturer was very helpful. I really enjoyed the practical and it gave me a few ideas on how to practice using dscan in different circumstances
lobevaser

Post by lobevaser »

Yun Renn wrote:The class was good and I learned valuable information and good practices, however the pace of the class was a bit slow and a bit unfocused, but other than that the presender was dedicated and patient with the atendees and I believe the class was successful.
Thank you for the class! :)
As for being a bit slow and unfocused please remember that I need to keep track of many chats going on. And I take the time for the folk in class to catch on what I am trying to pass on to them. Also I try to teach in a slow tempo to allow the class time to Alt-Tab from the slide show and the game.

And I had you all dock up when a war target was in amy .

And thank you for your comments.
Lobevaser - Teacher
Graduate
lobevaser

Post by lobevaser »

BUMP i am back
Lobevaser - Teacher
Graduate
lobevaser

Post by lobevaser »

bump
Lobevaser - Teacher
Graduate
lobevaser

Post by lobevaser »

be docked in AMY HSC before the class start time please
Lobevaser - Teacher
Graduate
Olivier Lamont

Post by Olivier Lamont »

Very informative class, thanks Lobevaser!
lobevaser

Post by lobevaser »

bump
Lobevaser - Teacher
Graduate
lobevaser

Post by lobevaser »

bumped
Lobevaser - Teacher
Graduate