[COMPLETE] 2017.05.06 :: Introduction to D-Scan

Forum rules
All class announcements should be posted in the following format: (CLASS) YYYY-MM-DD Name of the class. Once the class is finished please alter the title to say (COMPLETED). If you are interested in running a class, contact our Teaching Department.
<<

Apollo Arkwright

Portrait

Post 2017.04.26 16:38

[COMPLETE] 2017.05.06 :: Introduction to D-Scan

This course will feature a basic Introduction to D-Scanning.

If you want to survive/scout/hunt in EvE, you'd better put your best learning goggles on, 'cause you're about to learn why you absolutely need to have an itchy D-Scan finger.

When: Saturday 6th May, 15:00 EVE Time
Where: Amygnon (HSC), Mumble and Lecture.E-UNI
Duration: 2 hours
Teacher: Apollo Arkwright

Topics Covered:
  • What D-Scan is
  • Why you'll always use it. Seriously!
  • How to use it
  • Practical "Hunt your teacher" event in Amygnon
  • Q&A
  • If there's time, a twitch live stream demoing D-Scanning (participation optional)

Student requirements:
  • Public Mumble registration and access - make sure you have Mumble sorted out and operational well before the class begins. Use this guide for set-up: http://eveuni.org/publicmumble
  • Access to the Lecture.E-UNI in-game chat channel
  • Be in Amygnon (HSC) for the Practical, where I'll be hiding around and you'll be using your newly learned D-scan skills to hunt me down.
  • An open mind and a lot of questions!

Additional information: This class is primarily lecture, delivered in public Mumble and the Lecture.E-UNI channel, followed by Q&A. I'll probably host a live stream after the class is over, in which I'll demonstrate some D-Scan usage and try to offer tips and tricks.
Last edited by Apollo Arkwright on 2017.05.06 16:54, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Capt Steele

Portrait

Post 2017.05.06 16:37

Re: [CLASS] 2017.05.06 :: Introduction to D-Scan

Wonderful class, it helped me alot to remember how to D-Scan properly. Thanks again!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
<<

Arbee Trage

Portrait

Post 2017.05.06 16:40

Apollo, thanks for taking the time to teach us about D-Scan. I learned the basics and more. Watching you methodically narrow down the angle and distance really helped me see how to effectively use D-Scan. Well done and so worth attending!

Arbee
<<

Behind Ewe

Portrait

Post 2017.05.06 16:42

Until this class I had no idea how D-Scan was used in offence. I get it now. But jeez Louise, i'ts going to take some practice to scan down and land on an enemy.

Mind you, I just got a whole new outlook on how clumsy I have been with some of my own activities in space. I thought I was being careful before. Nope! Tin Foil Hat just got a few new layers.

Cheers.

Return to Scheduled Classes