[COMPLETED][CLASS] 2024-06-20 - Choose Your Own Class (1730)

For information about upcoming EVE University classes.
Forum rules
All class announcements should be posted in the following format: (CLASS) YYYY-MM-DD Name of the class. Once the class is finished please alter the title to say (COMPLETED). If you are interested in running a class, contact our Teaching Department.
Amfion Bravais
Communications Manager
Communications Manager
Title: Manager, Hauling Officer, I&P Officer

[COMPLETED][CLASS] 2024-06-20 - Choose Your Own Class (1730)

Post by Amfion Bravais »

Let's teach some (CORE) Classes! This is a Choose Your Own Class event, where I'll poll the audience beforehand for which class they want me to run, from a list with a variety of different topics that I am knowledgeable enough about to properly teach and answer questions.

When: 2024-06-20 (Thursday) @ 17:30 EVE Time
Where: Classroom Alpha (Mumble & Discord)
Duration: ~45 minutes.
Class Format: Slide deck with Q&A afterwards.

I will send out a poll in the #ping-class channel on the EVE University Discord the Monday before the class, to let the people vote on which topic we'll be covering during the class.

Potential Topics:
  • Introduction to EVE Careers: This CORE class aims to introduce new players to different activities available in New Eden, helping them to find their preferred ways to have fun and make ISK.
  • Introduction to Abyssal Deadspace: This class aims to take people along into the world of Abyssal Deadspace, helping you get started with learning about the various weather effects, the ship possibilities, and the basic information you need to get running.
  • Introduction to Exploration: This CORE class aims to introduce new players to the Exploration system of EVE Online and help them on their way to get started as an explorer in New Eden.
  • Introduction to Missions: This CORE class aims to introduce new players to the various forms of mission running in EVE Online.
  • Introduction to Stealth Bombers: How to fly and have fun with Stealth Bombers, and the most common types of bombing fleets.
  • Introduction to Incursions: An introduction to Incursions, high-end fleet PvE content, and specifically Vanguard sites and the EVE University Incursions Community. Come fly with us!
Student Requirements:
Additional information: This class will be a lecture, delivered in Discord (Presentation) and Mumble (Voice), followed by Q&A. There is no practical component.
- Professor Amfion - Silas Delporte - Alistair Arienne Devalle -
- Ex-Uni - Amfion Bravais - Ves Delporte - Dastar Bolmara -
Manager of the Communications Department - Hauling Officer - Intake & Progression Officer

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Amfion Bravais
Communications Manager
Communications Manager
Title: Manager, Hauling Officer, I&P Officer

Re: [CLASS] 2024-06-20 - Choose Your Own Class (1730)

Post by Amfion Bravais »

Intro to Abyssal Deadpsace has been chosen from the poll!
- Professor Amfion - Silas Delporte - Alistair Arienne Devalle -
- Ex-Uni - Amfion Bravais - Ves Delporte - Dastar Bolmara -
Manager of the Communications Department - Hauling Officer - Intake & Progression Officer

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage