[WHC Community Event] Mandatory (not really) Pitchfork Sharpness Assessment! - 2024.04.03 @21:00

For information about upcoming EVE University classes.
Forum rules
All class announcements should be posted in the following format: (CLASS) YYYY-MM-DD Name of the class. Once the class is finished please alter the title to say (COMPLETED). If you are interested in running a class, contact our Teaching Department.
Professor Academiac
Title: Ensign, Not actually a professor, Teacher, Graduate

[WHC Community Event] Mandatory (not really) Pitchfork Sharpness Assessment! - 2024.04.03 @21:00

Post by Professor Academiac »

How sharp are your pitchforks?

Professor Academiac's Mandatory Pitchfork Assessment!

Info:

Note: I'm posting here too since it was pointed out to me that many current WHC residents aren't members cuz the application process is on hold.

This is an OBLIGATORY (not really) WHC member gathering to assess our individual operational efficiency and the sharpness of our pitchforks, which reflects our collective strength and stabbing effectiveness and potential. My goal in this gathering is to exchange knowledge about how each of us is balancing the need for having sharp pitchforks, ships, and assets on hand required for various purposes while simultaneously not accumulating enough wealth to make our upwell a loot piniata. I hope that this becomes a platform for a friendly constructive discussion about personal asset management, which may potentially generate some best practices and SOPs for personal hangar management. It's simply an opportunity for community building, knowledge exchange, and collective growth in WHC.

Info:
  • Time: 2024.04.03 @21:00 EVE Time Converter
  • WHC Mumble
Last edited by Professor Academiac on 2024.03.28 22:30, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Teacher • Mentor • Junior FC
Professor Academiac

Re: [WHC Community Event] Mandatory (not really) Pitchfork Sharpness Assessment! - 2024.03.28 @23:00

If you really can't make the class, here's the TLDR:

EVEMIOLE SIPACE

STY1/ERlVE SECOULE ON

EVE UNIVERSSITY

SPAICL ENPLARTON
Grimpeur Chourinard

Re: [WHC Community Event] Mandatory (not really) Pitchfork Sharpness Assessment! - 2024.03.28 @23:00

Post by Grimpeur Chourinard »

No way at all I can ever make any class at that time.
“And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.”
― Kurt Vonnegut
Professor Academiac

Grimpeur Chourinard wrote: 2024.03.20 05:58 No way at all I can ever make any class at that time.
Sorry. This simply is a time that happens to be convenient for me, personally, and is between US/EU TZ as far as I can tell! So, it's the best I can do to satisfy the most, I hope. But please feel free to reach out to me directly, or to WHC CCs (I'm not one, there are several and they have more authority than I do), or other WHC members if you have any questions!
Grimpeur Chourinard

Post by Grimpeur Chourinard »

Professor Academiac wrote: 2024.03.20 07:16
Grimpeur Chourinard wrote: 2024.03.20 05:58 No way at all I can ever make any class at that time.
Sorry. This simply is a time that happens to be convenient for me, personally, and is between US/EU TZ as far as I can tell! So, it's the best I can do to satisfy the most, I hope. But please feel free to reach out to me directly, or to WHC CCs (I'm not one, there are several and they have more authority than I do), or other WHC members if you have any questions!
Well, I hope the notes are made available.
“And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.”
― Kurt Vonnegut
Professor Academiac

The notes will be made available. I will need a volunteer to take care of that, please.

I will have to reschedule this meeting.
Professor Academiac

Re: [WHC Community Event] Mandatory (not really) Pitchfork Sharpness Assessment! - 2024.04.03 @21:00

Mandatory Pitchfork Assessment: Meeting Minutes

Assessment Results: Our Pitchforks are Sharp! Further Whetting in Progress.

Here's my 54-page summary of the meeting:
  • We discussed the appropriate variety and number of ships and reships per doctrine to have in one's hangar
  • Morra (Senior Community Coordinator) requested 15m to go over a plan that addresses this specific question among other things (proceeds to take over the 2hr meeting :lol: which I'm glad he did as what he had planned is very exciting)
  • Meeting was pleasantly intermittently interrupted by bloodthirsty WHC hunters killing things, yummy :evil2:
  • Morra shared these slides
  • WHC will have a service corp to centralize existing and new community programs. Details are being worked out. Conceptual framework explained
  • WHC volunteers are needed to fill different roles to service WHC programs (e.g., WHC haulers, Buyback, Contracting)
  • Emphasis that WHC programs and services are there to assist members, but not do everything for them. Personal responsibility is still expected!
  • Emphasis that industrialists are absolutely welcome to operate at WHC. However, they must contribute to WHC and must not monopolize or compete with WHC services or other WHC members at scale!
  • Emphasis that WHC and E-UNI rely on funding from taxing some services. To support WHC and E-UNI programs and services, members are highly encouraged to use the taxable Buyback service instead of direct trade hub sales (Pitchforks, Hammers, and Sickles)
  • Emphasis that any abuse of WHC programs and services will not be tolerated!
  • Program 1: Coordinated Asset Mgt Program (CAMP)
  • Allows people to buy PvP ships and sell them back to WHC after use at cost
  • This will eliminate entry barriers for new members with limited ISK (don't have to buy everything, can rotate assets) - not discussed, personal assessment
  • Eliminate barriers to downsizing for members going on a break (liquidating CAMP-supported assets at cost)
  • It is also to minimize asset hoarding (everything you need is on contract)
  • Other benefits include eliminating logistics complexity for new players, promoting PvP, and integrating WHC with existing E-UNI services
  • CAMP centralized contract and logistics pipeline discussed (see slides for points and conceptual model/framework)
  • Opportunity to volunteer for various
  • Program 2: Fuel Block Exchange
  • Dedicated Op infrequently but routinely (e.g., monthly) to mine Ice (or haul enough ICE / Fuel Blocks)
  • Not a donation format like the previous Ice Op. Participating members will be paid
  • Fuel blocks supply will be prioritized for WHC structures. Surplus will be available for communal gas reactions
  • Guidlines will be drafted for the proper use of communal mining assets
  • Program 3: Subsidized Suitcase Service
  • WHC will work with E-UNI Production to provide suitcases to WHC members at cost or cheaper
  • This will include providing members with DSTs, Orcas, and Freighters
  • Program 4: WHC Reaction Pipeline
  • WHC will react Buyback gas to eliminate compression and loss of value
  • WHC members who don't want to, or can't, react their own gas will no longer have to pay the additional 5% compression tax
  • WHC members who can, and are interested, are still welcome to react their own gas
  • Miscellaneous Topics
  • WHC Home Defence doctrine is being worked out/finalized. Ships may potentially be subsidized. Skill plans will be made available. All WHC members must own a Home Defence ship after spending some time (TBD) at WHC
  • Decision on personal ownership vs. communal Rollers is pending. Some Rollers will be available through the CAMP program and are also eligible for recycling at cost. Potentially, all WHC members may be mandated, or highly encouraged, (TBD) to own a Roller after spending some time (TBD) at WHC
  • Within workload and Op Sec reason, there will be some transparency in reporting WHC finances and operations