E-UNI: Class Request Thread

For information about upcoming EVE University classes.
Forum rules
All class announcements should be posted in the following format: (CLASS) YYYY-MM-DD Name of the class. Once the class is finished please alter the title to say (COMPLETED). If you are interested in running a class, contact our Teaching Department.
Brandon gr5ayman

Re: E-UNI: Class Request Thread

Post by Brandon gr5ayman »

Is there a chance to get a class on manual flying? The best ways to do the manuvers and any updates to that.
Nadia Korovin

Post by Nadia Korovin »

I would be potentially interested in a class regarding EWAR (and maybe other hostile effects?); What sorts of things they interact with, how they tend to be used, potential for counterplay, etc. Not sure whether or not the topic would be enough for a proper class, but I think something in this vein may be of interest.
Favorite recent sci-fi novel is Children of Time.
M1sT3RE

Post by M1sT3RE »

Can we have some instructional Hauling and JF class like how to fly a JF and not die please ?
Nadia Korovin

Post by Nadia Korovin »

A few prospective themes of interest to me:

1) A general lore overview, or some sort of history tidbit.

2) An introduction to third party tools in general, perhaps also encompassing things of the likes of EVE Radio, which I've recently heard of. EVE seems to have a large third-party community in general.

3) Some sort of overview of station-related mechanics, NPC stations vs citadels, etc.
Favorite recent sci-fi novel is Children of Time.
Spanky Ikkala
Teaching Manager
Teaching Manager

Post by Spanky Ikkala »

M1sT3RE wrote: 2023.04.21 18:23 Can we have some instructional Hauling and JF class like how to fly a JF and not die please ?
We do run a 'How not to die in a JF' class every couple of months or so, on Singularity. Keep an eye on the forums and the Discord class channel and if you see nothign for a couple of month, nudge me again and I'll see what I can sort out.
Teaching Manager
Uni Hauler

Ex Senior Personnel Officer
Ex Mentor
Ex Special Projects Officer (Unibombers)
Ex Student Guidance
Spanky Ikkala
Teaching Manager
Teaching Manager

Post by Spanky Ikkala »

Brandon gr5ayman wrote: 2023.03.30 17:59 Is there a chance to get a class on manual flying? The best ways to do the manuvers and any updates to that.
There's no current class on Manual Piloting, but there's a great wiki page that breaks down a range of manuevers, that you can go out and practice. If there's enough interest we can see if we can encourage someone to write and teach a class ;)
Teaching Manager
Uni Hauler

Ex Mentor
Ex Student Guidance
Spanky Ikkala
Teaching Manager
Teaching Manager

Post by Spanky Ikkala »

Nadia Korovin wrote: 2023.04.26 04:50 1) A general lore overview, or some sort of history tidbit.
We occassionally have lore classes and/or guest lecturers coming into discuss lore / RP elements. If I find someone interested in doing some lore stuff, I'll see what I can sort out.
Nadia Korovin wrote: 2023.04.26 04:50 2) An introduction to third party tools in general, perhaps also encompassing things of the likes of EVE Radio, which I've recently heard of. EVE seems to have a large third-party community in general.
We do have some 3rd party tools mentioned in in classes, but they are generally part of a relevant topic as there's such a broad reach of them that we like to discuss them where the naturally fit. So 3P market tools are covered in trading classes, 3P indy tools are in the manufacturing class, 3P scouting tools are covered in various PvP classes etc.
Nadia Korovin wrote: 2023.04.26 04:50 3) Some sort of overview of station-related mechanics, NPC stations vs citadels, etc.
That's possibly something that we could look at, thanks for the suggestion. Currently that information also tends to be covered in other classes, so Indy classes will discuss station / structure relevant industry bonues etc, trading classes will discuss station vs structure tax / broker fees, Mission classes will cover tethering and repairs etc.
Teaching Manager
Uni Hauler

Ex Mentor
Ex Student Guidance
Varan Boirelle

Post by Varan Boirelle »

Is there any class to review the e-uni doctrines and or basics of fc?
Spanky Ikkala
Teaching Manager
Teaching Manager

Post by Spanky Ikkala »

Varan Boirelle wrote: 2023.05.08 01:54 Is there any class to review the e-uni doctrines and or basics of fc?
Varan we don't tend to do classes for Doctrines, as we only have a few doctrines and they are detailed on the Forums: https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewforum.php?f=296

As for FCing, if it's something that you are interested in learning more about, you can apply here: https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/FC_Team# ... he_FC_Team and they will walk you through the basics.
Teaching Manager
Uni Hauler

Ex Mentor
Ex Student Guidance
Serene Audene

Post by Serene Audene »

While some may consider it taboo, I'd like to help create and teach a class on: Character Trading and Farming. I've had extensive experience with this for a dozen years, worked with and befriended some of the major zombie farmers out there, and even ran the official website character sellers were required to use for ~3 years.

This area of the game is an interesting one, and while not a newbro activity, it's something to keep in mind when you become more solidified in your Eve surroundings, and a consideration when branching out to new accounts.

Topics to cover would include, but not limited to:
1. Skill Farming
  • When is the right time to skill farm and why do it?
  • How does it work (single vs multi characters per account)
  • Skill Injectors and their diminishing returns
  • Tip/Tricks/Warnings/Pitfalls
2. Eve Forums - Character bazaar
  • Why buy/sell a character?
  • How does it work?
  • Whats a skillboard?
  • Caveats involved
  • I got scammed! What now
Never the Less

Post by Never the Less »

I would be interested in seeing a class that covers methods for PLEXing an account and (separately) how to run Abyssals (covering about what level of cruiser you should be at to solo them, how solo/duo/3 musketeers versions differ, etc)
Nemis Godslayer

Post by Nemis Godslayer »

Hi,
I am most interested in more classes relating to PvP: PVP mechanics, Spiraling, tacking, Manual piloting (range tactics, speed considerations, which ship is a threat to which ship, etc...).
Thanks!
Zeros Mu

Post by Zeros Mu »

per a discussion in WHC, a quick class/lesson on dotlan would be great. how to find people using it, how to find routes using it. etc.
Vlan Maulerant

Post by Vlan Maulerant »

I would like a class on the E-Uni overview please. Installing it correctly and having it of any use is beyond me! Also efficient use of the whole screen would be very beneficial thanks.
Grawd

Post by Grawd »

Vlan Maulerant wrote: 2023.10.06 03:21 I would like a class on the E-Uni overview please. Installing it correctly and having it of any use is beyond me! Also efficient use of the whole screen would be very beneficial thanks.
Was this class ever scheduled?

I just saw this comment and, coincidentally yesterday while reading the Overview wiki page, I thought about something similar: https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Talk:Ins ... y_Overview

This is something that, I assume, would come naturally with experience, so maybe I'll end up creating that section myself in due time, if no one else does... :book:
Grawd
ImageImageImageImageImage