[COMPLETED] PvP Fleet Command I: Fleets and Threat Assessment | Tuesday 16 August | 1830 EVE Time

For information about upcoming EVE University classes.
Forum rules
All class announcements should be posted in the following format: (CLASS) YYYY-MM-DD Name of the class. Once the class is finished please alter the title to say (COMPLETED). If you are interested in running a class, contact our Teaching Department.
Uryence
Teaching Manager
Teaching Manager

[COMPLETED] PvP Fleet Command I: Fleets and Threat Assessment | Tuesday 16 August | 1830 EVE Time

Post by Uryence »

This class is aimed at new/aspiring PvP fleet commanders (FCs), but anyone is most welcome to attend (perhaps you will decide you are in fact an aspiring FC during the course of the class!).

This class covers basic and intermediate PvP fleet command concepts (I'm a long way from being able to teach anything advanced!), and their interaction to inform FC decision-making. Unlike many of our classes which introduce one defined set of game mechanics, this class pulls together aspects of many mechanics to discuss a particular activity.

We will cover:

- what an FC is
- what a fleet is
- threat assessment
- intel

A subsequent class will cover generating content and review some common Uni doctrines.

Instructor: Uryence
When: Tuesday 16 August 18:30 EVE Time
Where: Mumble (audio) and Discord (streaming); you will need to use both to get the full class.
Duration: 2 hours scheduled

Student requirements:
  • Mumble registration and access: make sure you have Mumble sorted out and operational well before the class begins. Use this page for set-up.
  • Access to the EVE Uni Discord (slide presentation will occur in a Discord classroom, and Discord will be the main channel for text questions)
This class is a lecture followed by Q&A, delivered in Mumble, with the slides delivered on the EVE University Discord and questions taken in the relevant Discord channel. There is no practical component or need to undock. We recommend not doing anything risky or attention-intensive in-game while listening!
2022 fleet command cumulative delta: 33,014,075,514.00 ISK
kamaTayun

Re: [CLASS] PvP Fleet Command I: Fleets and Threat Assessment | Tuesday 16 August | 1830 EVE Time

Post by kamaTayun »

Thank you very much for doing this one, and thanks to Elan for offering to record it for me since I probably can't make it!