[CLASS] Intro to Wormholes/Scanning 25 May 2022 @ 23:00 EVE

For information about upcoming EVE University classes.
Forum rules
All class announcements should be posted in the following format: (CLASS) YYYY-MM-DD Name of the class. Once the class is finished please alter the title to say (COMPLETED). If you are interested in running a class, contact our Teaching Department.
Tarkin Karn

[CLASS] Intro to Wormholes/Scanning 25 May 2022 @ 23:00 EVE

Post by Tarkin Karn »

This is an introduction to wormholes, wormhole mechanics, scanning, and generally related information. It's been a while since we've had one of these so I'm rolling scanning and wormholes together (like they're related or something).

This will be a by-demonstration-stream in which we'll cover various pieces of information about wormhole connections, wormhole systems, the scanning interface, things to expect, and any questions around the subject matter that come up during class.

When: Wednesday 25th May, 23:00 EVE Time
Where: Mumble and Class (EVE Uni)
Duration: 1 hour ish

Topics Covered:
  • General wormhole information
  • Common terminology
  • Scanning technique and general info
  • Game mechanics regarding the above
  • Questions answered throughout
Student requirements:
  • Mumble registration and access - make sure you have Mumble sorted out and operational well before the class begins. Use this guide for set-up: EVE Uni Mumble
  • Access to the EVE Uni Discord Classrooms
  • This is a presentation/lecture class, but students are encouraged to have a scanning ship ready to follow-along with if they prefer hands-on learning. (not required)
NO SHIP REQUIRED FOR CLASS
Example specialized scanning Heron, probe launcher (with probes) is the only strictly necessary part:
Spoiler
[Heron, scanner]

Damage Control II
Inertial Stabilizers II

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Scan Rangefinding Array I
Scan Rangefinding Array I
Scan Pinpointing Array I
Scan Acquisition Array I

Core Probe Launcher I, Sisters Core Scanner Probe
Prototype Cloaking Device I
[Empty High slot]

Small Gravity Capacitor Upgrade II
Small Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer I
Small Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer I

Sisters Core Scanner Probe x8
Tech I core scanning probes can be used, but the sister's cores are worth the isk if you can afford them.

Other viable ships include: probe, imicus, magnate, astero, cheeta, helios, anathema, buzzard.

Additional information: This class is primarily lecture, delivered in Mumble and the Class (EVE Uni) channel, followed by Q&A.
Dr Aron Lindberg

Re: [CLASS] Intro to Wormholes/Scanning 25 May 2022 @ 23:00 EVE

Post by Dr Aron Lindberg »

Will this class be recorded?