Terminology and concepts may be unfamiliar to newer players. An attempt has been made to make the class accessible to all, however, attendees would benefit from attending CORE EVE Uni classes relating to fitting, bookmarks, d-scan, EWAR, fleets, logistics, ship roles and weapon systems to get the most out of this class.
● The class will focus on concepts of threat analysis and generating ‘content’, e.g.:
1) An overview of basic, intermediate and advanced threat analysis.
2) Tactics to employ when overwhelmed or underwhelmed by content and how to generate content during a fleet.
3) In-game tools used to assist with threat analysis and tactical engagement.
4) A brief overview of common EVE Uni PvP doctrines.
This class covers intermediate and advanced PvP fleet command concepts, and how they interact to inform FC decision making during PvP fleets. Unlike many of our classes which introduce one defined set of game mechanics, this class pulls together mechanics from different categories.
Whether you are new to the role of FC, never led a PvP fleet or you've wondered what an FC needs to consider when putting together a fleet and engaging other people in space, this class will give you an overview of the knowledge, skills and experiences required to make decisions as a PvP Fleet Commander.
Instructor: Arps 331
When: Tuesday 10 May, 19:00 EVE Time
Where: Mumble (audio) and Discord (slides).
Note that due to changes in our auth system, this will be on the general, normal Uni Mumble, not the old public server!
Duration: 2 hours scheduled, consisting of 60 minutes of slide content and 60 minutes of discussion interspersed bewteen topics covered. This will be a semi-interactive class.
This class covers the following topics:
- Threat analysis introduction
- Damage application and range
- Surviving under attack
- Controlling the engagement
- Analysis of ship and weapon types
- Intermediate and advanced threat analysis
- In-game and external tools
- Generating content during a fleet
- Overwhelming forces
- Applying the above concepts to popular EVE Uni PvP doctrines
Mumble registration and access: make sure you have Mumble sorted out and operational well before the class begins. Use this page for set-up.
Access to the EVE Uni Discord (slide presentation will occur in a Discord classroom, and Discord will be the main channel for text questions)
This class is a lecture interspersed with participant discussion, delivered in Mumble, with the slides delivered on the EVE University Discord and questions taken in the relevant Discord channel. There is no practical component or need to undock. We recommend not doing anything risky or attention-intensive in-game while listening!
You can attend this class with absolutely zero preparation and it should still be interesting, however, the content of the CORE classes listed in the introduction would provide an excellent introduction to the topics being covered in this class. Absolutley anyone is welcome to attend, though the class has been designed with aspiring or new FCs in mind.