(CLASS) 2022-02-21,23,28 Intro to PI

For information about upcoming EVE University classes.
Forum rules
All class announcements should be posted in the following format: (CLASS) YYYY-MM-DD Name of the class. Once the class is finished please alter the title to say (COMPLETED). If you are interested in running a class, contact our Teaching Department.
Tolerin Escipion
Title: Graduate

(CLASS) 2022-02-21,23,28 Intro to PI

Post by Tolerin Escipion »

Drebin 679 wrote:When out in camp, it can be nice to survey the nearby landscape. And in EVE, you can harvest the landscape, too!
This week we'll be talking about Planetary Industry (aka PI) and how to set up a PI chain, different PI chains, etc but even better, you'll be setting up a planet. These will kick of with a "theoretical" class and quickly head towards practical classes, which means, time to get your hands dirty. If you're absolutly new to PI, or can't attend the part 1 class, it doesn't mean this class isn't for you, it just means you're are going to have to do a little bit of homework (see details at the end).

When: Febuary 21st, 23rd & 28th @ 20:00 EVE time (each class is different)
Where: Public Mumble & Class (EVE Uni) and EUni Discord
Duration: 45min

Topics Covered:
PI part 1:
  • Planets, types and materials
  • Planet buildings
PI part 2:
  • Setting up a planet at a Campus*
PI part 3**:
  • Collecting PI Commodities
  • Q/A
*I'll be setting up a planets at our new home, Stamon. If you live elsewhere, no problem, the steps are practically the same.
** If I can't make it to part 1, does it mean I can't join in Part 2, or part 3? Not at all, but I highly recommend you do your homework (read about PI, set up a planet, etc). Contact me if you're not sure what to do.

Student requirements:
  • Public Mumble registration and access
  • Discord access
  • Access to the Class (EVE Uni) in-game chat channel
  • Skills (minimum Interplanetary Consolidation 1 & Command Center Upgrades 1, although I highly recommend both at lvl 3-4, doesn't take too long)
  • Can fly some sort of industrial. Gallente usually the favorite (Epithal) and you only need Ship Command 3 & Gallente Industrial 1
Student Homework: (if you can't attend to a class)
Basicly, you need to do your homework and catch up, I'll leave some useful link to check out (still recommended even if you do attend to the classes).
  • Read the wiki on PI (it might seem a lot and very complicated, I promise you it's not, but just read it)
  • Set a goal for your PI. What do you want to get out of PI?
  • Read forum posts on PI (HSC PI, LSC PI
    NSC PI)
  • If you need slides, Martine DeVu has got you coverd (PI Class)
Hope to see you there!
Tolerin Escipion
Title: Graduate

Re: (CLASS) 2022-02-21,23,28 Intro to PI

Post by Tolerin Escipion »

Hey everyone,

I've had to reschedule part 3 to the 28th. See you then!!