[Q&A] 2022-01-21 Markets Q&A / AMA

For information about upcoming EVE University classes.
Forum rules
All class announcements should be posted in the following format: (CLASS) YYYY-MM-DD Name of the class. Once the class is finished please alter the title to say (COMPLETED). If you are interested in running a class, contact our Teaching Department.
Alpha GoreSnorkel
Reimbursement Manager
Reimbursement Manager

[Q&A] 2022-01-21 Markets Q&A / AMA

Post by Alpha GoreSnorkel »

Everyone buys or sells something in game within a few days of starting EVE, if not a few hours / minutes. Everyone wants to sell at the highest price, and buy at the lowest, but how do you do that when everyone else wants to do the same thing?

When: Friday 21st January, 22:00 EVE Time
Where: EVE Uni Discord and EVE Uni Public Mumble
Duration: 1 hour

Topics Covered:
Most of the Q&A will be made up of questions asked by YOU! So reply to this post and make suggestions so that I can read out the questions during the class and give the answers.
That said, here are some topics I suspect we'll cover;
  • Taxes and Fees
  • Trade skills
  • How to set prices
  • How to manage risk
  • How to buy and sell in bulk
Student requirements:
  • Have at least one question to ask! Preferrably post a response to this post and state your question there, if not bring it on the night.
  • Public Mumble registration and access - make sure you have Mumble sorted out and operational well before the class begins. Use this guide for set-up: http://eveuni.org/publicmumble
  • Access to the Class (EVE Uni) in-game chat channel
Additional information: This class is a Q&A / Ask Me Anything (AMA), delivered in public Mumble, Discord, and the Class (EVE Uni) channel. There is no practical component.
Swimming in 12 foot of gore with a 6 foot snorkel
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Julien Chrism

Re: [Q&A] 2022-01-21 Markets Q&A / AMA

Post by Julien Chrism »

Why are only certain "order" recorded in the Market Order tab?