Adhocracy Incorporated - Official Recruitment Thread

Forum rules
Any corporations are welcome to advertise on this forum, although we reserve the right to remove advertisements from hostile parties. Make sure the name of your corporation is in the subject, and ensure you provide information on your active times and any requirements for joining.
<<

Kapt Kangaroo

Portrait

Post 2009.08.31 11:47

I just joined...seems like a nice bunch of peeps :D
<<

Racki Dumatre

Portrait

Post 2009.09.07 13:29

Grand Theft POS/Spaceship

AAR - Grand Theft POS - By Sritha
Not long after DT, I am scanning down sites in T for bookmarking. I see structures, an Orca, and a Hulk, figure there's a POS in T which I decide to scan down and check out after all the sites.

I get a BM on the Orca, warp to 100km, and indeed see a POS.

With no forcefield.

With all modules offline.

With an Orca and a Hulk lying around, keys in the ignition.

After ascertaining that my grid wasn't bugged and these riches were undefended, Fishhook pods in, hops in the Orca and flies back to the HUB. Rahwin does the same with the Hulk.

Much cackling ensues.

After a little bit of discussion, it's clear we can't unanchor the modules and steal them without doing serious damage to the control tower, which has 35 million shield HP. Plan B = rob the place blind and destroy what we can't steal.

This is, IMO, vastly superior to plan A.

Johnnydub, Rahwin, and I begin to destroy damage resist modules, then the corp hangar array, labs, silos, and the ship maintenance array, which drops about 10 ships. Tashanaka, Zealc, and Arkstaff join us, hauling loot and laying waste.

Finally, someone notices.

A crow belonging to the POS owners shows up a couple of times, I lock him and shoot a few missiles, even get a point on him once, but he's able to speed away every time. He eventually comes back in a drake. I get a point and web on him and start pounding on him. A second drake and a proteus drop in on us, and a brief melee erupts. Rahwin (I think) loses his hauler, but is able to board one of the dropped ships (Hyperion?) and warp away.

We regroup at the hub, I trade my drake for a buzzard and head back to put eyes on the enemy POS. The proteus and 2 drakes are still there, blowing up the ships freed when we liberated their maintenance array. One drake leaves, then the other a few minutes later. Is it a tarp? Probably. Is it worth it to spring it and kill the T3 ship? Surely.

Rahwin gets in an Ares, and a couple of other heavy tacklers get fit. I motor to 20km from the motionless proteus, and Rahwin warps in, immediately tackling the enemy.

Zealc, Arkstaff, and Johnnydub quickly warp in and pummel the proteus into space dust, although the pod escapes.

At that point, I finally succumb to wife aggro and go have lunch, but I assume the rest of the fleet stayed and finished plundering. Looks like one of the drakes came back and got popped by Nilz.

Good fun, stole an Orca and a Hulk, lots of profit.

Re: AAR - Grand Theft POS - By Rahwin
heh this op was some of the most fun I've had ever in EVE. When they turned up with the Proteus and drakes to chase us off the first time I was at site with an iteron III, I got primaried and I was soo close to entering warp, but alass I popped. As we had popped the ship hangar array there were a bunch of ships floating around, and a Hyperion 6km away from my pod.
So instead of warping out my pod I start to slow boat towards it, thinking "Shit shit shit, I'm gonna die but it'll be wooorth iiiit." my pod got locked, and the drake turned red and a volley was on its way to me... and I spammed the board button with a fever frenzy. And I made it! Fully T2 fitted hyperion with cargo full with T2 large ammo. And zooom I was out of there! :P

But the Hyperion is nothing next to the orca Fishhook yoinked! And I'm happy I was able to take the hulk too. And a Proteus kill, woah. I was deathly nervous when I warped in with the inty and started tackling him. He started shooting me but didn't do any damage. I really thought I was going to die those few seconds I was alone with the Prot before the cavalry arrived. I guess I'm lucky he was sniper fit, phew.

Re: AAR - Grand Theft POS
Rahwin wrote:
As we had popped the ship hangar array there were a bunch of ships floating around, and a Hyperion 6km away from my pod.
So instead of warping out my pod I start to slow boat towards it, thinking "Shit shit shit, I'm gonna die but it'll be wooorth iiiit." my pod got locked, and the drake turned red and a volley was on its way to me... and I spammed the board button with a fever frenzy. And I made it! Fully T2 fitted hyperion with cargo full with T2 large ammo. And zooom I was out of there! :P

BEST FRAKKIN STORY THIS YEAR!

ZOMG!

YOUR NUTS!

You flew your pod, through a battle, TO BOARD AN ENEMY SHIP IN BATTLE AND STEAL IT??!@?!?!?!@#:!@L$#()*$&#(*&Q#r???

/me kneels down in awe at that MASSIVE GRANITE COJONES OF RAHWIN!

Dude, this whole AAR is epic! EPIC GODDAMMIT!

heheheheheh, do you guys think this story could be worthy of a "news release" on our ADHC Recruiting thread on the Uni? ;)

Grats guys - this is just... I'm at a loss for words... its that good.

I'm humbled.

AK :twisted:

Killboard Link - http://adhocracy.killmail.org/?a=kill_r ... id=4137286

Proteus W/ fittings - 173M ISK
Various other ships, etc. stolen/destroyed - Over 1B ISK
Asuri Kinnes at a loss for words - Priceless :P
Cry "Havoc!", and let slip the dogs of war!
You must be at least 10% smarter than the piece of equipment you are attempting to operate!
<<

Lord Wulfengheist

Portrait

Post 2009.09.07 22:28

And Snigg thinks all we do is fall for their traps... Hee hee (well, actually, we do that an awful lot more than we care to admit)...
<<

Gaeid Modiso

Portrait

Post 2009.09.08 00:05

I'm about 6 weeks away from a T2 armor or shield tanked BS that has T2 armor/remote armor rep, but it's a Raven. Do you guys have Ravens flying with you? I had planned on cross training into Gallente ships, but I'd need to spend more time getting my Hybrid turret and drone skills up, probably about another 2+ months, as I've sunk my time into missile skills.
Misfortune, and recited misfortune especially, may be prolonged to that point where it ceases to excite pity and arouses only irritation.
- Dorothy Parker
<<

Lord Wulfengheist

Portrait

Post 2009.09.08 00:52

And yes, Raven's are popular, just be prepared to need to put some effort in staying alive.
<<

Drinak

Portrait

Post 2009.09.08 01:32

Scorps are also always in need.
<<

Kailarri

Portrait

Post 2009.09.08 01:39

An armor tanked Scorpion, then, I'd guess?
<<

Racki Dumatre

Portrait

Post 2009.09.08 09:07

They fit in very well! You will become primary to the Sleepers when you start jamming them, but we will immediately begin repping you.
You must be at least 10% smarter than the piece of equipment you are attempting to operate!
<<

K'endro

Portrait

Post 2009.09.15 08:30

We let the bumps slip a little bit out of excitement in getting back into our WH hub.
Lots going on, lots to see, lots to do, lots to shoot at.
-K'
<<

Trexdirex

Portrait

Post 2009.09.15 12:51

This looks interesting ! :D

After almost 2 years in uni... Seriously thinking of moving! Looking for a fun corp !!

Is there a requirement on how much you play eve weekly?

I think I'll meet all requirements.
<<

Racki Dumatre

Portrait

Post 2009.09.15 13:33

Trexdirex wrote:This looks interesting ! :D

After almost 2 years in uni... Seriously thinking of moving! Looking for a fun corp !!

Is there a requirement on how much you play eve weekly?

I think I'll meet all requirements.

No playtime requirements...you can play as much as you want :D

Feel free to join our public channel!
<<

Trexdirex

Portrait

Post 2009.09.15 13:49

ok I'll be online this evening! :D
<<

Ignatius Xavier

Portrait

Post 2009.09.19 04:07

b

u

m

p
<<

Kapt Kangaroo

Portrait

Post 2009.09.28 11:54

Looks like some people are reading this judging by the responce 8)
<<

Fishhook

Portrait

Post 2009.10.08 20:55

Wormhole operations and recruiting continue

Come hang out in our public channel and say hi! We're generally polite!
PreviousNext

Return to Work Fair