Pandemic Horde wants YOU right now for World War Bee

Forum rules
Any corporations are welcome to advertise on this forum, although we reserve the right to remove advertisements from hostile parties. Make sure the name of your corporation is in the subject, and ensure you provide information on your active times and any requirements for joining.
<<

Rodger Kint

Portrait

Post 2016.04.12 20:00

Pandemic Horde wants YOU right now for World War Bee

Recruiting Sergeant Rodger Kint here to tell you that you don't want to miss out on what's happening in the North.

Come join the Horde and burn those bee guys into space dust!

This kind of action happens only every couple of years in Eve and today and now is when it's happening, don't be telling your little space children that you sat at the University while Deklien burned. You will want to tell them what YOU did in the War.

Check this out! 52,000 views for an EVE video on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhZMBo-QpYA

So why Horde? Pandemic Horde is new bean friendly, no API crap, instant invites, free cheap ships handed out if you are lacking. We've deployed from our home in null sec Querious to the front lines in the Space Monkey capital of O1Y-ED which we conquered just last week. We're raiding the Imperial Goon homeland of Deklein with 200+ player fleets heading out every 2 hours or so. Our scorched earth raiding has shut down ratting in Deklein and that is weakening the sovereignty systems there. Soon, we will descend on the weakened outposts and conquer them through entosis, aka computer hacking from space.

Update May 15, 2016. Deklein has fallen, Darkness now holds sway there. Those bee people have holed up in Pure Blind with tussles over the southern constellation of Fade ongoing. Horde is abandoning Querilous and settling into Fade for the long haul. 3 citadels including a Fortizar in O1Y-ED have been installed. Players primarily interested in PVE activities have been instructed to move to Fade over the next thirty days and more citadels are being strategically placed to make ratting/mining response fleets more effective. Those bee people clearly are not done yet we continue to tangle with them making Fade the most active part of EVE for much of the last month. Just this morning, Horde newbeans traveled 20 hops down to Syndicate to kill another bee people citidel in an operation that saw two fleet engagements on extraction. Newbeans get free T1 ships that they can insure for payouts when they get blown up in battle. Sure beats SRP! Older players can fly whatever they want to risk, we had a dreadnought join our Saturday drunk fleet last week - rare occurrence to be sure, but it happened in Horde.

Update July 19, 2016. The Bees are bugging out for nullsec far, far away from the North. The war is over.

Update August 9, 2017. There's an incursion in the North, but it's not a Sansha incursion, it's a Bee incursion! See the last few posts in this thread for details on the New War in the North.

Why now? Drop your books, the Uni will be here when the War has been won. The War is happening now. Blood is in the air and spaceships are being fragged nightly as the battle lines push further and further North. The screaming is at a fever pitch, the lamenting of the women is deafening, the Mittani is squealing like a stuck pig. Now is the time to load antimatter and YOLO!

Heard enough? Great, open the chat channel 'join HORDE' and ask for an invite. Or search people/places for Pandemic Horde and submit and application through the corporations recruiting tab. Need to know more: wall of text reddit here: https://www.reddit.com/r/pandemichorde

Special bonus: You get me! I'll be your personal Horde mentor. You can ask me questions in game and I'll help you with information about how to get the most out of your War experience. Horde pays me a pretty Gobloon to recruit you guys so I can afford to be generous with my time. Just in game mail me with your name and I'll add you to my recruits list.

So who the f*ck am I? I'm an EVE Uni Graduate. I was born in 2014 and spent my formative weeks mining before heading off to the Uni Wormhole for 6 months. I know my stuff, I've seen enough to know that this is the real deal in EVE, but I'm young enough to not be a bittervet.

A TOTAL AND COMPLETE GUARANTEE: If you are not completely, OVER THE TOP SATISFIED WITH WORLD WAR BEE, you can return to your studies at the Uni. You literally have NOTHING to LOSE.

ENLIST NOW! JUST OPEN YOUR CORPORATE TAB AND DO IT!
Last edited by Rodger Kint on 2017.08.10 18:02, edited 4 times in total.
KEEP CALM & DEFFO BLAP YO
The boy who cried Moros * Content Creator * Graduate * Awoxer - The Equalizer
<<

Cariq

Portrait

Post 2016.04.13 07:08

Re: Pandemic Horde wants YOU right now for World War Bee

Thanks for posting here with such a detailed post. Good to see E-Uni grads coming back to recruit! A few questions for you, regarding Horde:
[*]How's the culture/environment? I'm sure it's difficult to generalize an entire corp, but E-Uni is pretty civilized and lacks the toxicity of other communities I've seen & listened to in-game. A mature comms environment (not unlike E-Uni, but also many other corps out there) is the most important thing to me.
[*]Outside of large-scale PvP, what other activities does PH focus on? Are there industry/mining contingents? Is there a WH group?
[*]Is PH broken into any sub-groups, like campuses in E-Uni?
[*]You were born in 2014: do you see PH as an education/stepping-stone to something else (e.g. PL), or for you personally is PH an end unto itself? As part of the general corp mindset that you've seen so far, what do others seem to feel?
Thanks!
In Rust We Trust
  • EVE wormholer & miner, former DUST Unista
  • Active at AMC, WHC, & Solitude
<<

White 0rchid

Portrait

Post 2016.04.13 10:38

I've spent a little time with Horde so I can answer in some form before OP is back.

How's the culture/environment?

It's really not as bad as people make it out to be (the same as waffles to be quite honest). In fact, Horde comms are more strict than waffles iirc. You will always get people who randomly speak up when they shouldn't on fleets (they are newbros after all), they're put in place pretty quick as a lot of the horde FCs are experienced and they have quite a few PL FCs too. Comms rules are a bit more relaxed than uni when not in fleet though. Without divulging too much ~opsec~ there are 5 horde fleets going out within the next 24 hours. You will not be starved of content I guarantee that.

Outside of large-scale PvP, what other activities does PH focus on?

PH has some nice areas to do PvE and also plenty opportunities for mining and industry (raising ADMS lol) - those ships and mods need to be replaced somehow right?

Is PH broken into any sub-groups, like campuses in E-Uni?

Will have to leave this one mostly as I don't know enough, there are certain offshoots that people can join that do different things, but not like the campuses. I don't really think there's a bunch of miners that just sit there 24/7 though no. Horde are mostly situated in one main staging system anyway so it'd be counter productive to split things up.

Do you see PH as an education/stepping-stone to something else

Honestly there are so many experienced people in Horde that it doesn't _have_ to be a stepping stone anywhere. If you like the style there's nothing stopping you from staying. A few hordelings come up to waffles but I'd say unless you are super good, get really involved and make yourself useful, Horde -> PL isn't massively common I don't think.

So yeah, not in horde but I know a little bit.

What I will say is that when you have backing from PL (FCs etc), you learn how to do things properly ;)
<<

Jeff Kione

Portrait

Post 2016.04.13 10:43

Horde is fun, I was flying with them last night and my sides were hurting from laughing so hard. If you don't take things too seriously you'll probably have a good time. Their comms aren't mature or PG 13 but they also don't allow slurs and stuff of that nature and you aren't going to have someone yelling at you if you do something wrong. There's so many new people in fleets that they really do put a hold on things and clear comms to answer a question from a newbro.

They do have something similar to special interest groups that you can apply to, although they require an API and they're selective. It's PL guys running certain initiatives that are looking for people to help.
<<

Intana Kreis

Portrait

Post 2016.04.13 11:54

Jeff Kione wrote:Horde is fun, I was flying with them last night and my sides were hurting from laughing so hard. If you don't take things too seriously you'll probably have a good time. Their comms aren't mature or PG 13 but they also don't allow slurs and stuff of that nature and you aren't going to have someone yelling at you if you do something wrong.

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised over Horde comms, they explicitly disallow and stamp down on misogyny/racism etc, it wasn't too dissimilar from a Gareth fleet.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

<<

Kleinn

Portrait

Post 2016.04.13 12:05

Good description and excellent questions altogether. You'll find a bit of feedback regarding them inline. That being said, I'd like to emphasize one thing in particular. Horde cultivates an environment which is primarily PVP focused and teaches newbeans how to do it, while growing independent players who can sustain themselves. Keep that in mind when you consider joining.

As a little insight, Horde corp chat had ~580 online last evening. 200 of them were out on a pos-bash (an announced one, at that :D) and more than 100 were out casually roaming cruiser-down in Deklein as a single fleet. If you find that bit of info nice, you might fit right in!

Cariq wrote:Thanks for posting here with such a detailed post. Good to see E-Uni grads coming back to recruit! A few questions for you, regarding Horde:
[*]How's the culture/environment? I'm sure it's difficult to generalize an entire corp, but E-Uni is pretty civilized and lacks the toxicity of other communities I've seen & listened to in-game. A mature comms environment (not unlike E-Uni, but also many other corps out there) is the most important thing to me.
Racial slurs and insulting members are strictly prohibited. We are newbie-friendly, so a standard needs to be kept. Comms discipline is enforced in regards to keeping serious when there's an engagement going on. However, you will not find PG13 levels of strictness and colored language is to be expected. All voice comm channels have 'STFU subs' where people who don't want to hear fleet banter put themselves in and go mute. So you're only exposed to command chat.

[*]Outside of large-scale PvP, what other activities does PH focus on? Are there industry/mining contingents? Is there a WH group?
- SkyBeans - all members are encouraged to run fleets at their own discretion. SkyBeans assures that budding FC's are given ships for themselves and their fleets, and provides support by assigning experienced back-up FC's if it's requested. You usually have several of these small fleets going out around the clock. Though with Horde's current size, a small roam usually means you get 90-or-so duders in fleet at any given time without prior notice.

- Dedicated PVE systems - both at home and during deployment, we designate one system for PVE activities like ratting or mining. We want to expose absolutely new players to the nullsec environment, so you're usually seeing a PVE standing fleet around the, which ranges from solo miners, to 1-week-beans ganging up in ratting Catalysts and killing belt rats, to older people running anoms.

- Industry - Horde POCO's are not taxed so you can set up shop with PI however you please. There are several stations with manufacture facilities, so if you want to start a small business in null, there are plenty of opportunities. The corp also runs several buyback programs for loot and PI stuff, so you can unload stuff pretty quickly.

- Trading - Nullsec opens up a lot of opportunities for traders, and seeding market and contracts is encouraged. Scamming or relisting are prohibited and as long as you keep the competition friendly with fellow seeders, the environment is pretty cool.

There's no real need for campuses since we usually operate as a group. And since nullsec offers opportunities for all gaming styles, you'll usually find us all in one place. That being said, there are some groups which cover particular activities. You have an open policy regarding this aspect so if you want to run something, you're free to get it going.

- Newbean Initiative (NBI) - a group of guys who concentrates on new players, both to Horde and to the game. It is responsible for handing out skillbook packs for newbeans, putting them in a diverse range of newbie ships provided by the corp and generally taking care of the bros who are just starting.
You'll typically see and NBI guy helping people in the corp help chat, running private convos with most of the people who join while offering a guiding hand during the first days, or running back-end logistics to ensure that ship hangars are always full in order to ensure the continuous flow of weaponized newbeans.

- Recon - It is exactly what its name implies. Horde's eyes in hostile place. A really cool thing to join if you're really experienced.

- Lowsec incursion group - Started with the initiative of a couple of dudes and only two-week old. It has attracted the attention of several people and it's seeing a really healthy participation.

[*]You were born in 2014: do you see PH as an education/stepping-stone to something else (e.g. PL), or for you personally is PH an end unto itself? As part of the general corp mindset that you've seen so far, what do others seem to feel?
I personally joined Horde for the no-strings-attached PVP fun. You can either be a newbean just getting into the game , or an older player who just feels rusty due to being away from game a lot or carebearing in hisec. Flying with horde will pump some blood through your vein.

If you like pvp too much for your own sake, you might get demoted to Waffles and submitted to the 'Get Good' programme. Such is life. If you feel you've gained enough from Horde, you are encouraged to find a place that will enrich your player experience (exactly like Uni does). However, if you like growing attached to your corp, you'll find out that there are a lot of long time players with really big hearts which take care of the Horde and ensure that everyone is having as much fun as possible. You too can be a part of them and it's a definite possibility you'll find a permanent home.

Thanks!
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it...
<<

Rodger Kint

Portrait

Post 2016.04.13 15:33

((out of character stuff - I'm not authorized in any way to post on Horde's behalf, I'm just taking the ball and running with it. They put up a bounty for new recruits, so I do have a personal interest, but my main motivation is to come back to the Uni that was a great place to start and motivate a couple of people like my past self that shouldn't miss out on all the fun going down in the North. All the posts here are my personal opinions based on my personal (short) experience in Horde and what I have read on their forums and EVE news sites.))

Cariq wrote:Thanks for posting here with such a detailed post. Good to see E-Uni grads coming back to recruit! A few questions for you, regarding Horde:
It's pretty toxic in a bathroom, high school, young adult male, misogynistic kind of way. I'm not sure how women would deal with it other than having a very thick skin, but actually I find that par for the course in EVE. Horde has had something like 2000 people join in 2 weeks, the leadership does try to squash obvious racism/sexism but you're going to hear it if you are on coms. We've also got a lot of spys, goon alts in corp who are likely stirring things up by saying inappropriate things and even spreading propaganda. I just turn on my filter and ignore it and so for that has worked for me. It's chaotic, It's the Horde, it's ALIVE.
Let's see... I'm large scale PVPing (my first ever fight with ALL wings full, had to form a second fleet) every night multiple hundred person roams go down, I'm war profiteering - using jump frieghter services to ship in stuff and selling it in the local market at a fat profit, I'm buying salvage off the wrecks on the market for pennies and selling them for fat Misk, I siphoned my first M64 moon goo over the past 2 days, I ratted in Null sec for the first time yesterday (not my cup of tea but there were like 50-100 people in system last night ratting and a standing fleet warping to them when they were attacked), there were people mining, people were out camping gates with small bubbles, I went on a 100 person roam of Deklein and when we returned we found LazerHawks 100 off the station gate trying (and succeeding) to snipe newbies - we warped onto them and slaughtered half of their very *shiny* ships with our Pinecone Talwars. I'm pretty sure there is no wormhole group. It's a boiling swarm of new pilots sprinkled with bittervets who enjoy being on the cusp of big things. Bottom line you can do anything you want in Horde but where it's going is anyone's guess because it's growing so fast and that is attractive to me.
Not that organized ATM. There's a stay at home contingent that never left Querilious (Southern null sec - Hordes current home Soverenty). They rat and mine and (I think) build a lot of our T1 hulls there.) Most of the rest is depolyed up in Fade consolidating our grip on the Space Monkeys former home but I expect we will move up into Deklein to burn Goon's home space soon.
I joined Horde to lose ships as every time I lose a ship I learn something in this game. I figured I'd take 30 days out of my primarily industrialist tycoon career to PVP. I moved a non-implant clone here and I'm flying around in primarily T1 garbage (talwars, griffins, my INSTALOCKING slasher) and getting blow up and blowing up other people at very low risk of ISK. How will that progress? How will I change and what I want from the game change? I don't know. But I'm energized about the game now, figure I'm here for at least the Summer and we'll see what evolves beyond that. I haven't given up on my other EVE stuff, I still ninja mine a lower quality moon or two, I still manipulate the markets for fun/isk, I still run my slaves on PI planets in null sec and process it at my starbase factory into Nanite Paste.

You ask about PL.... I like the low commitment required of Horde. I have a feeling that PL would turn EVE into a job, and that's not what I'm looking for. I almost settled in at Future Corps/Sleeper Social Club, but I ran away and quit the game for 10 months when I realized what that would have done to my RL. I think I'm going to be a serial subscriber to EVE, coming back and consuming for 3-6 months at a time to get my fix, but who knows? EVE is journey and Horde is working for me ATM

I think my opinion is fairly common. There is a leadership that is directing the trainwreck and actually they are doing a remarkable job nuking the goons and giving us a blast. But 2000 new players have joined in the past 10 days - these guys are riding the tiger and trying not to get bit. Most of the vet players are enjoying the ride and expecting it to implode eventually but withholding judgement and seeing where it ends up.

Thanks!
<<

Cariq

Portrait

Post 2016.04.29 17:12

Thanks everyone for the great responses! I really appreciate the thought that went into them; I'm also reassured / more intrigued, too!
I'm working on getting two brand-newbie friends into EVE, and I'll certainly consider taking them to PH. I'll contact you Rodger if we do.
Thanks again to everyone above, great info!
In Rust We Trust
  • EVE wormholer & miner, former DUST Unista
  • Active at AMC, WHC, & Solitude
<<

Rodger Kint

Portrait

Post 2016.05.10 21:11

So we onlined two Citadels in O1Y yesterday, one large Fortizar and one medium one. As far as I can tell from zkillboard, ours is only the third Fortizar in the game to be onlined. The first was in a wormhole and the second came online a couple of days ago. We promptly used ours to blap like 60 goons so our Citadel has the best killboard by far of any Large Citidel <flex>.

It is spectacular. Tethering rocks.

We had a full 255 man ferox fleet and a full interceptor fleet. Goons and DBRB brought a large ceptor/bomber fleet to harass. Fun was had by all.

Join Horde, shit is a happening down here in null.
<<

Rodger Kint

Portrait

Post 2016.05.11 15:37

Set the alarm clock for 11:00 eve time, about an hour before I usually get up. Why you ask?

Seems the goons had anchored 6 citadels timed to come into on-lining mode just after downtime. In case you don't know, when you go to setup a Citadel it anchors for 24 hours at which point is is invulnerable and appears to be a giant ghost of itself in space. After the invulnerable anchoring period it attempts to come online which takes 15 minutes if no one attacks it. If it's attacked, it pauses it's onlining and if you do enough damage to it, the lights actually start flickering as the construction workers head for the lifeboats and then it explodes in all the glory that CCP can bring to an explosion.

So, back to the goon citadels. The started anchoring them simultaneously in six different systems across Fade, Pure Blind, and the low sec system of Sarendon.

So Horde formed 250 hyperfast frigates to run screening for our friend's capitals and we blew up all 6 Astrahus citadels in 30 minutes this morning. My killboard is now 2.54 billion isk more positive. And I'm hoping the goons have heartburn.

https://zkillboard.com/ship/35832/
<<

Rodger Kint

Portrait

Post 2016.05.15 19:28

Ok, so this guy said it way better than I ever could with a write up of his experiences as a new pilot in horde over the past two months published over at CrossingZebras.

http://crossingzebras.com/the-battle-for-fade-part-i/
http://crossingzebras.com/the-battle-for-fade-part-ii/

406 pilots joined Horde in the past 7 days, http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/Pandemic_Horde, what are you waiting for? An invitation? COME ON DOWN!
<<

Loyd Smith

Portrait

Post 2016.05.17 00:07

Good Day;

I have had the opportunity to serve three terms in Eve-University, twice as an instructor. During that time I learned a lot from the instructors and in truth even more from my students. In the modern day of EvE online there are almost no limits to what you can learn from the university if you have but the time and the will to learn.

When I left recently I decided I wanted to get some pvp training, so joined up with the gentlemen from Open University of Hardship and took some pvp classes with Agony Unleashed. At that point, I took my graduate title from the UNI, and from OUCH, and logged out as there was little going on in the game. Sure, there were skirmishes, people edging people out, but by and large it was business as usual in the game.

One month ago (roughly) I was reading up on the forums and found this post and a similar one on Reddit. Alliances were breaking, old enemies were becoming friends, and the whole of North space was going up in fire. This was not business as usual. More importantly, there was a group of people accepting day one players and old school care-bears and were willing to provide them the a staging zone from where to start and ships to fly as long as they were willing to go fight with them. I signed up and have not regretted it since.

As a graduate, I would offer the following advice to those considering joining HORDE:

HORDE offers you a unique opportunity of experiencing the harsh reality of Null sec while being offered ships to fly, skill plans to follow, and the advice of experienced players who realize that YOU are the future of EvE and are willing to teach you if you are willing to dig in and learn.

This is a war. You have the opportunity to take everything you have learned in classes and put it to use in a live fire scenario of epic levels. You will lose ships, to be sure, while learning soft skills that cannot be imparted in the classroom.

You will be somewhere where anyone with daring will be given the opportunity to lead combat fleets. There are regional and system defense fleets that see active PvP where win or lose, you will have the opportunity to learn and grow as an FC.

HORDE allows you to experience null-sec culture. You will have a hands on experience on why people are so passionate about the game. Why people are willing to fight, kill, connive, and die for a system name that to the outside world is only a series of numbers and letters.

Lastly, you will have the opportunity to make mistakes in an environment where, thankfully, people are accepting that you will make them.

I cannot guarantee you will have fun down here. What I will say is that I have had fun and have not regretted joining. I have met people who I hope to keep in contact with as they are amazing people (Ov3rdose as an example). If you come down to join us we will look forward to having you.

And now, back to book-marking (you love having them, and hate making them).

O7
Eve is something you will either love or hate...and if you are doing it right, probably both.
<<

Rodger Kint

Portrait

Post 2017.08.09 20:26

War's back on the menu boyz!

Fresh back from a year of licking their wounds in Delve, The Imperium, aka the Goons, aka those bee guys, have set up staging in low sec Hakonen. They've got a few small citadels set up and are looking to get a Fortizar anchored.

Two nights ago local in Hakonen spiked at over 2700 pilots as PHorde, PLegion, Guardians of the Galaxy sought to kill the infant Fortizar. With over 100 titans on the field, the current Northerners were successful and the Fortizar went boom along with a massive number of Goon Typhoons.

Tonight, reports are the Goons want to try again, another Fortizar is onlining and a massive brawl is likely. Or perhaps they'll just drop a Fortizar a day until we tire of killing them.

The point is, once every couple of years, war comes along and pilots of Eve drop their ratting tools and man the ships of war. This is one of those times. You don't want to tell your little space children that you hung around the Uni while the North burned. It may well be another year or two before the fire burns this hot again.

Pandemic Horde is still new pilot friendly, no API bs, join up and get in our fleets immediately. Assuming you jump right on it, you could be helping us kill that Fortizar at 8:30PM eastern standard time.
<<

White 0rchid

Portrait

Post 2017.08.10 07:32

Now would be a great time to get in on this new war while you still can. There's no telling how long it will take for goons to lose all their caps.
<<

Rodger Kint

Portrait

Post 2017.08.10 17:28

Oh, the Glory of War.

Eve pilots have sacrificed 5860 ships in primarily two large engagements so far on the altar of war in the North. Everything from a supercarrier Nyx to lowly Atrons.

But what does it look like from the line warrior's perspective, the so-called Private in the trenches? Gather round and I'll tell you about last night.

Pings went out over subspace Discord communications for pilots to kill an infant Bee Fortizar onlining in Hakonen. I jump cloned into a clean, no implant clone in our home system of 7RM-NO. Looking at the ping, I saw we were looking to form a Machariel fleet to support our Dreadnaught fleet. I activated my Machariel and went through the pre-flight checklist. All I need to do was buy some long range proton ammo, the rest of the ship was stock doctrine bought off a corporate contract in the 7RM-NO B E A N S T A R. Easy-peasy.

Our fleets started filling. The Machariels and logi went into one fleet, lower skilled pilots went into another in Hurricanes. We undocked and headed 4 jumps out to a waiting Avatar on an Astrahus. We went fast, blowing gates, there was a bomber fleet hunting us.

Once at the titan, we got close to him and he opened a jump portal direct to Hakonen. Jump through we all did.

Harkonen local spiked as the number of pilots climbed to 2700. We moved our ships slightly to activate the tether to the local citadel and then waited for the Fortizar timer to tick to zero.

Ya know, a Machariel is a pretty big battleship, but next to the titans and even the force auxiliaries, you feel like a gnat.

As the Fortizar went T-minus 4 minutes, our commander ordered us to wake up over mumble comms, "WAKE UP, WAKE UP, IT'S TIME TO KILL SOME GOONS, HARDNERS ON, LOAD RANGE SCRIPTS, ALIGN TO THE FLEET BROADCAST." We activated hardeners and loaded range scripts in our tracking computers. Alignment was made to a bookmark broadcast in fleet. And then the call came down, "TAKE THIS WARP, TAKE THIS WARP." We warped down to land 80km off the Fortizar.

As the Fortizar finished anchoring and attempted to online, we ungrouped one gun and set it on the Fortizar. The timer paused and the Fortizar started to take damage. If all went well, in 24 minutes it would blow up. Citadels have a damage cap on how much damage per second you can do. Our combined coalition forces on the field could likely have killed it in minutes without the cap, but with the cap we had to sit around exposed to hostile fire if we wanted to kill it.

Up until this point time dilation (TIDI) had not been a problem. But then, once we were engaged on the Fortizar, the goons made their move. A fleet of Typhoons warped into us. TIDI hit 10%, then lower. Our controls froze, moving at 1/10 their normal pace. We targeted Typhoons, blowing them up in slow motion, one every 3 minutes. Every so often we lost a Machariel. Our fleet commander calmly continued to call targets, "TARGET PROGODLEGEND AND X UP IN FLEET WHEN YOUR LOCKED AND READY TO FIRE, 3, 2, 1, FIRE FIRE FIRE," and we orbited our commander at 15km to spread out slightly. I was targeted by massive EWAR from Imperial Typhoons. Two Typhoons slowly sucked my capacitor dry, shutting down my armor hardeners and afterburner. Jamming drones I sent out to disrupt those Typhoons didn't work. Other Typhoons applied disrupter beams to me, making my gun's tracking and aiming less effective resulting in more glancing blows. Unnoticed by me, a fleet of Nightmares flown by Test landed 90km away to third-party on the battle. They started to pick off our Macherials at a higher rate.

Then disaster struck, my computer froze and my client crashed. I had lost control of my ship! Back in space, EVE removed my ship from the fleet, making it difficult for our logi to target my ship in the clutter all around. Quickly clearing the dead program I rebooted my client and tried to log back in. An agonizing ten minutes later I found myself sitting in space in a capsule. The Test Nightmares had done the deed while I fought valiantly with Microsoft Windows and CCP. https://zkillboard.com/kill/63977253/

Oh, well. I had platinum insurance and Pandemic Horde will give me 550M isk or so to replace my ship. I might have actually made money getting blow up or close enough not to care at all.

But wait! The battle still rages. All I need is a ship! Opening the market window I found a Hyena on sale at a local station. Warping over, I braved all the goons hanging around the undock to swoop in, buy that Hyena, throw 2 webs and a target painter on it and warp back to our fleet commander's ship still locked in mortal combat with the goons.

Applying webs and paint to Nightmare and Typoons, I continued to do my part to help kill another 30 ships until the Fortizar gave up the ghost and the call went out to extract. We stayed on grid until the Titans and Capitals jumped out of system. Then a couple of gates back to another Titan for a jump part way home. Despite the TIDI and the computer issues, I will remember this as one of my greatest EVE experiences.

Battle Report here: http://evf-eve.com/services/brcat/?s=14 ... abaabaaaab

Return to Work Fair