Managing corporate wallet divisions

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Paledan Safemal

Portrait

Post 2016.06.22 20:32

Managing corporate wallet divisions

I'm posting this here because corporation management is useful for relatively new player that wish to have their alt industrial corp, but if another section of the forum is deemed better, feel free to teleport this thread away.

Suppose someone has a corp, and he would like to have different types of income sources to different wallet divisions. Is that possible?

- Having trade / industry separate is relatively easy: all you need to do is make sure your traders / manufacturers only use Division X (if necessary, only give them access to that division). Obviously, all the stuff bought off a wallet division, regardless which, will end up as "corporate deliveries" which is a mess, but it's a known mess, and not my problem.

- If I want taxes to go to another division than "Master Wallet", all I need to do is pick a division and make it "default". Then I use Master as the one people give ISK to the corp on, or the one people spending corporate ISKies use (like maintenance bills). So far, so good.

- Now one question I have been asked: is it possible to have bounties tax credited on one wallet division, taxes from POCOs credited to another division, with station / citadel taxes credited to yet another division? That is something I don't know whether it's possible or not, and if it is I don't know how to do it.

Any insight on managing corp wallets will be appreciated, particularly if you can answer the question.
<<

Azmodeus Valar

Portrait

Director of Finance
Director of Finance

Post 2016.06.22 22:23

Re: Managing corporate wallet divisions

It is not possible to split taxes like you mentioned. However, you can use the api to download wallet logs into a spreadsheeet and easily categorize income sources for a better breakdown.
Former:
<<

Paledan Safemal

Portrait

Post 2016.06.23 20:02

Re: Managing corporate wallet divisions

I knew about the API, it's just that it would have been easier with wallets. The clunkiness is strong in the corp code...

Thanks for your message, coming from you I'm now certain there's no point looking further into it!

Return to Research, Production and Trade