Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Liara Zhang

Portrait

Post 2016.06.14 03:33

Want to attach a large spreadsheet....

But it's 820KB.

Any way around this? It's a tool I've adapted to fit new-bros who are interested in trading.

-Liara
<<

Marius Labo

Portrait

Retired Director
Retired Director

Post 2016.06.14 04:54

Re: Want to attach a large spreadsheet....

Any reason you can't add it as a link? Most that share such tools do so.
<<

Rashar Arji

Portrait

Post 2016.06.14 11:18

Is it possible to make it a Google Spreadsheet? If so you have the option to either publish the sheet or allow people to view only via a link. Otherwise you could host it on https://www.dropbox.com/ for anyone to download.
<<

Melkor Gengod

Portrait

Post 2016.06.14 17:09

Google have recently updated sheets to remove a lot of the previous bugs relating to importing xls and xlsx files. The few I have done recently have imported almost perfectly.

But really, there is no reason to use Excel for eve related stuff anymore. Google sheets
- Deals with API calls so much better than excel, Microsoft only started to support them properly recently
- You can use SORT and FILTER in cells rather than faffing with options at the top. Which allows more dynamic filtering and sorting
- Scripts are written in javascript rather than VB
- Not bloated
- Can be accessed anywhere the is a Web browser, even my phone.
- Can deal with JSON without breaking.
- it's free. (As in the sense that you don't pay Google money, you just sign over to them all of your secrets and your soul. But you already did that with Microsoft that day you turned the computer on when tired and you didn't notice it install windows 10)
<<

Liara Zhang

Portrait

Post 2016.06.16 22:42

It's too late! I've already done too much work on the Excel document and I'm too lazy to port it to Docs :P
Please check out the result of my efforts! I recently posted it in the Research, Production, and Trade forum. I'm sure you have something like this already though Melkor!
<<

Melkor Gengod

Portrait

Post 2016.06.17 19:23

Yes I do. :D . I have my own method for calculating expected sales in trade hubs, but I won't divulge such information in a public place, it got me to Eve Moguls 3rd top trader between November and February before I decided eve isk making needed to take a back seat to real life for a short while.

I now concentrate on industry as I found I can make similar amounts for considerably less work. I am also working on transferring all of my spreadsheets into a Web app using CREST which will make response times so much quicker, but as 6 months ago I didn't know what php was and thought java and javascript were the same things, you can probably imagine, it is slow going. :D

Return to Research, Production and Trade