Contraband

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Paul Umwelt

Portrait

Post 2016.05.17 08:31

Contraband

I run a Buyback program http://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtopic.php?f=267&t=89774 and there have been some questions about wether I accept contraband or not. From what I can tell, contraband can be really difficult to move from one place to another, and I can't find any good sources with information about their transport. Is there anyone around who's experienced with handling contraband item, their mechanics and hauling them?
<<

Marius Labo

Portrait

Retired Director
Retired Director

Post 2016.05.17 10:31

Re: Contraband

Contraband cannot be part of a courier contract just due to how it can really screw the hauler.

The NPC customs police will find it if they "catch" you, meaning if they get a chance to scan you. I know of some people moving small quantities via something like a travel ceptor, because you're usually away before the customs police can scan you.

If it's the NPC vendor junk for the contraband it's not worth dealing with at all.
<<

Jeff Kione

Portrait

Post 2016.05.17 22:14

Re: Contraband

Not certain about the travel ceptor but I've heard of people moving them using a blockade runner, cloaking from gate to gate to avoid the customs scan.

Return to Research, Production and Trade