Are they nuts or is it me?

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Mayharm

Portrait

Post 2016.05.11 00:30

Are they nuts or is it me?

Maths question about the manufacturing process.

So, an Astrahus requires several 1x structure components and one 4x Structure Market Components. Now as I understand Material Efficiency a 10% reduction on one item means you still need one item and 10% on 4 rounds back up to still needing 4 items. Since I'm not an experienced industrialist and could have misunderstood something and because there are more than a few Astrahus BPCs being sold with ME... I figured I would ask in here.
It's not malice, it's just pirates...
<<

Cat Evergreen (Biomassed 2017.12.02)

Portrait

Post 2016.05.11 09:16

Re: Are they nuts or is it me?

You are right, numbers get rounded back to full numbers of input items, but only after the required number of input item for all runs are calculated. I don't know how many runs a citadel BPC can have, but with enough runs and high enough ME you can get the input lower. (A 3 run with ME 10% would need only 11 instead of 12 Structure Market Components.)
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2016.05.11 12:37

Like 3/5/8/10 runs to get any kind of reduction for a 4-part requirement and 10/20/30 runs etc to get any reduction to a single-part component? For synergy, that's like 10 runs minimum to get any kind of realistic reduction from both?

This reminds me of some rigging blueprints, really not worth researching at all due to the low number of components.
<<

LeFleur

Portrait

Post 2016.05.11 12:43

Every industrialist gets to the point where building 10 citadels suddenly seems possible. It's just getting there that's the chore. You'll need to get into buy orders and logistics and searching for cheap station, etc.
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2016.05.11 12:51

EVE does pay homage to reality in that aspect, in that it's never profitable to do small-scale production and to truly turn a profit you need to think big and order or produce en masse :)
<<

Mayharm

Portrait

Post 2016.05.12 11:47

So.... they are nuts, because they are selling one run BPCs and advertising the ME.... but I'm also wrong and there is a purpose to researching ME. thanks for the info guys!
It's not malice, it's just pirates...
<<

LeFleur

Portrait

Post 2016.05.12 11:57

Yeah, single run bpc does not take advantage of the ME at all. It's not a scam, they are selling what they advertise, it's just not worth it.
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2016.05.12 20:09

They are simply counting on people not doing their research ... which sadly pays off more often than not in EVE :(

Return to Research, Production and Trade