Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Jorj Onzo

Portrait

Post 2016.02.18 18:17

Best newbro approach to blueprints

Hey Unistas,

From exploring, I have a growing inventory of blueprints and am wondering how to best make ISK from them.

- Tried selling one in a contract. No movement. Is for an 'augmented' hobgoblin blueprint. Preforming a search of contracts I saw the same blueprint for sale ranging from 50 - 35 million. So I set mine to 30. Are the blueprints I'm seeing for sale the ones priced ignorantly and thus that's why I'm seeing them? And why mine isn't selling? Is there a web resource that tracks or at least gives better info on what the prices should be?

- Should I be using the blueprints for production instead, and thus profit that way? I'd have to train up but wouldn't be against doing this.

Any pointers appreciated thanks.
<<

LeFleur

Portrait

Post 2016.02.18 18:38

Re: Best newbro approach to blueprints

Notice the area where they are being sold, most probably it's Jita. If that's the case, perhaps it's best to get an alt and move them there to sell.
<<

Jorj Onzo

Portrait

Post 2016.02.18 19:18

I'm selling it in Dodixie, figuring this would be enough of a trade hub?
<<

Jeff Kione

Portrait

Post 2016.02.18 20:07

Dodixie is the third biggest trade hub but it pales in comparison to the larger hubs that occupy the first and second spots, Jita and Amarr. I can't be certain what the blueprint contract market is like in Dodixie compared to Jita, though. Why don't you try listing your blueprints here in the buy/sell section of the forums for Unistas/ alumni to purchase?
<<

Jorj Onzo

Portrait

Post 2016.02.18 20:28

Thanks Jeff for the clarification on trade hubs. I'm learning as I go. Turns out these are BPC's with only 10 runs available, and I also just read that often the BPC's found in exploration sites are considered worthless. So i'll probably just stockpile them until I know more about the market and either use them to manufacture or sell in Jita.

Edit: when on the gaming pc later today I'll list the BPC's but I highly doubt anyone will be interested. What seemed like a good thing to my newbro eyes is probably very low value to the industrialists.
<<

Melkor Gengod

Portrait

Post 2016.02.18 21:26

You can use a program like ISK per hour to decide if the BPC is worth building :

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.as ... ts&t=63663

You can use fuzzworks system cost index site to find somewhere close to Dodixie to do it cheap (I wouldn't recommend Dodixie as it is a trade hub so a lot of manufacturing goes on there.)

https://www.fuzzwork.co.uk/blueprint/costindex.php

-To use the site, type Dodixie into the system name box then enter the maximum amount of jumps you are willing to do (3/4 is usually pretty reasonable)
- Ensure "Require Factory" is selected
- Click load range
- Click "Show/Hide Low Sec" and "Show/Hide Null Sec" as there is no reason to risk going outside of high sec
- Sort by "Manufacturing Index"

The lower, the better - The fewer amount of jumps the better, try to get a balance between the 2.

*** Note on System Cost Indexes for the uninitiated - The more people in a system doing a particular type of industry, the more expensive it is to do that type of industry. Therefore less profit. Lower indexes mean more profit but usually also a longer distance to haul the materials and the finished goods ***

As long as you are selling for more than it is costing you to build, build the stuff yourself. Prices will change constantly so something that is unprofitable today could be profitable in a few weeks time. For most of the BPCs like the augmented drone one you mentioned, you should be able to get the materials at a reasonable price and also be able sell your goods for a reasonable price in Dodixie.

My recommendation would be to set up an alt in a spare slot in your account with basic Trade/Hauling/Manufacturing skills rather than trade on your main as you will want to leave them in Dixie to update your sell orders.
<<

Jorj Onzo

Portrait

Post 2016.02.18 21:39

Sweet, thanks Melkor
<<

Melkor Gengod

Portrait

Post 2016.02.19 03:53

I just had a thought. If any of the systems near dodixie mean that you need to travel through Aufay in a T1 hauler, then pick a different system. Aufay is a ganking hotspot.

I really need to stop procrastinating on the forums and get my assignment done now :D

Good luck
<<

Jorj Onzo

Portrait

Post 2016.02.19 03:57

Ok. I'm usually flying through there in frigates so no issues yet. One update on the blueprints is the first one actually sold for 30mil, so I've put a few more contracts up.

Return to Research, Production and Trade