Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Zenobi Wydder

Portrait

Post 2016.01.14 01:53

Freighter Service?

O/ All!

As of two nights ago, one of my alts is able to fly a Charon and will be able to effectively fly a Rhea in 38 days. For the next month, I want to make money by hauling things with my Charon. Is it profitable to haul like that in High Sec? Do you think I can go to low sec in a Charon safely? How would you go about starting this? Obviously when I can fly a Rhea, I will offer freighter service to NSC and make money doing that. But in the meantime, I need to make money with the Charon. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
<<

Dune Barphsaq

Portrait

Director of Human Resources
Director of Human Resources

Post 2016.01.14 03:20

Re: Freighter Service?

Zenobi Wydder wrote:O/ All!

As of two nights ago, one of my alts is able to fly a Charon and will be able to effectively fly a Rhea in 38 days. For the next month, I want to make money by hauling things with my Charon. Is it profitable to haul like that in High Sec?

Congrats. Yes. BUT: Be very very very careful doing public contracts, watch for systems that are high sec islands (can only be reached by a trip through low or null) If it looks too good to be true, it most likely is. I would highly recommend you join one of the reputable hauling corps, I joined Red Frog Freight. Yes there is a line to join, but trust me its worth it, be super careful doing public contracts while you wait.

Do not perform your services for crappy pay. If its less than 1 million per jump, I wouldn't touch it.

Zenobi Wydder wrote: Do you think I can go to low sec in a Charon safely? How would you go about starting this?

No!!! Look, I'm not saying its impossible, I'm just saying its not something people do for good reason. You will die.

Zenobi Wydder wrote: Obviously when I can fly a Rhea, I will offer freighter service to NSC and make money doing that. But in the meantime, I need to make money with the Charon. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Not sure how much ISK there would be in this particular endeavor as Karcus already offers the service at the cost of fuel. But, again getting in good with a reputable Jump Frieghter service corp is good idea ;) I'm sure its the same for most of them, but as an example getting into Black Frog's JF service requires time in Red Frog.

Oh, did I mention public contracts can be dangerous?

Director of Human Resources | NSC Officer | Graduate

Image Image Image
<<

Zenobi Wydder

Portrait

Post 2016.01.14 14:53

Wow! Thank you for the quick and detailed response! You answered all of my questions. About Karcus - didn't he say he was hanging it up? Maybe that was someone else.

In any case, I'll look into joining Red Frog on my alt as long as EVE Uni doesn't have any problem with that. Thank you again.
<<

Cat Evergreen (Biomassed 2017.12.02)

Portrait

Post 2016.01.14 15:12

Zenobi Wydder wrote:About Karcus - didn't he say he was hanging it up? Maybe that was someone else.

AFAIK he just wanted to stop trading in PC9 and didn't say anything about stopping to haul. But you might still be able to contribute to the NSC JF service, talk to Bora about this. I just don't know how much profit you can make out of this.
<<

Zenobi Wydder

Portrait

Post 2016.01.14 19:17

Will do! Thank you!
<<

Melkor Gengod

Portrait

Post 2016.01.14 23:01

Check out the in-game Haulers Channel. It is a place where haulers and customers hang out with the older more experienced guys more than willing to impart advice on newbie haulers. The MOTD has links to numerous resources giving advise on safe hauling.

Return to Research, Production and Trade